Dead Space 2

Is the PS3 better than a C64, all in here

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Joey

Re: Dead Space 2

Post by Joey »

matt_mr2t wrote:What's the point in giving me a new suit once i've finished it? I'm not gonna play it again :evil:

After finishing the game you get a new menu option 'new game+' this allows you to start a new game with all your equipment/powerups from the end of your first game.
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

Hmm, not my cuppa tea tbh.

Now you've said that though I remember getting a new suit at the end of the first one.

Didnt play that a 2nd time, although occasionally I did get an itch to do so.
Joey

Post by Joey »

matt_mr2t wrote:Hmm, not my cuppa tea tbh.

Now you've said that though I remember getting a new suit at the end of the first one.

If your playing it on a PC get a saved game online to get access to the hand cannon it's good for a laugh...
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

matt_mr2t wrote:Hmm, not my cuppa tea tbh.

Some games are excellent to play through again and again, thats what harder difficulty settings are for!

I mean you're not gona play dead space 2 for the first time on hardcore (not that you can...but if you could...you wouldnt!) because it would 'ruin' the feel of the game. If a game is really good I love playing through it again on a much harder setting. GOW 1 and 2, Dead Space 1 and 2, COD4, MW2, Mass Effect 1 and 2 etc etc.

Now go and man up and play it on hard core you pussy!

:thumleft:
Pain is temporary, pride is forever.
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

The only game I ever played through twice was Bioshock which was to re-familiarize myself with the story prior to Bioshock 2.

I guess if you have plenty of spare time on your hands you could do it, but I wouldnt want to commit another 10-15 hours of my spare time to playing something I've already played.

I finished it on Saturday btw. I didnt look at a single game guide once throoughout the whole game - right until I got to the boss battle.

I kept getting killed and it was annoying the crap out of me.

Then I read the guide and it was sooooo easy!

Dont read down if you dont want to know and want to figure it out for yourself.

Just hit the nutter ex girl friend and dont worry about the shadow necromorphs, hit a few of them and collect weapons but dont bother trying to kill them all. Jeez, I must have got killed 10 times trying to take each and every one of them out, killed either by them ganging up or her touching me. #-o
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

matt_mr2t wrote:The only game I ever played through twice was Bioshock which was to re-familiarize myself with the story prior to Bioshock 2.

I guess if you have plenty of spare time on your hands you could do it, but I wouldnt want to commit another 10-15 hours of my spare time to playing something I've already played.

I finished it on Saturday btw. I didnt look at a single game guide once throoughout the whole game - right until I got to the boss battle.

Just hit the nutter ex girl friend and dont worry about the shadow necromorphs, hit a few of them and collect weapons but dont bother trying to kill them all. Jeez, I must have got killed 10 times trying to take each and every one of them out, killed either by them ganging up or her touching me. #-o

You wont be able to that on Zealot or Hardcore though mate!....those shadow kids rip you a part in seconds!! :twisted:
Joey

Post by Joey »

thai boxer wrote:
matt_mr2t wrote:The only game I ever played through twice was Bioshock which was to re-familiarize myself with the story prior to Bioshock 2.

You wont be able to that on Zealot or Hardcore though mate!....those shadow kids rip you a part in seconds!! :twisted:

I doubt they'll trouble the hand cannon when i reach them again :)
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

I used the ripper blade to hold them back while using a gun to fire at her.

There's one potential reason I may go back and play again - I didnt even fully upgrade 1 weapon throughout the whole game. I was 1 or 2 nodes short of fully upgrading the line gun which I love - carnage :twisted:
DannyN

Post by DannyN »

Got it this morning for my birthday !!
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

DannyN wrote:Got it this morning for my birthday !!

Be prepared to lose a number of hours of your life sitting in the dark holding your ringer shut for dear life.

Happy b'day btw :thumleft:
Joey

Post by Joey »

matt_mr2t wrote:I used the ripper blade to hold them back while using a gun to fire at her.

There's one potential reason I may go back and play again - I didnt even fully upgrade 1 weapon throughout the whole game. I was 1 or 2 nodes short of fully upgrading the line gun which I love - carnage :twisted:

I used the ripper blade/pulse rifle to fend them off and used the pulse rifle to shoot her. Leaving my maxed out line gun for the Marker itself.
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

Joey wrote:
matt_mr2t wrote:I used the ripper blade to hold them back while using a gun to fire at her.

I used the ripper blade/pulse rifle to fend them off and used the pulse rifle to shoot her. Leaving my maxed out line gun for the Marker itself.

Pretty much exactly what I did, think I had about 400 pulse rounds by the time I got to her/marker.

Did you have to do anything else after that or did it just play out with a cut scene? All I needed to do was to get on to the escape shuttle and it then played itself out.

Definately rate Dead Space 1 & 2 as 2 of my favourite games ever.
Rogue

Post by Rogue »

I got to the final battle with hardly any ammo and only the plasma cutter and line gun equipped. I'd give Nicole a dose of stasis and leg it around getting the shadow kids to follow me then mow them down with the line gun and collect the goodies they dropped. In the lull while they respawned I'd lay into Nicole and the marker. :thumleft:

Nearly through on the second play. Strangely I'm really looking forward to killing Stross this time!
DannyN

Post by DannyN »

matt_mr2t wrote:
DannyN wrote:Got it this morning for my birthday !!

Be prepared to lose a number of hours of your life sitting in the dark holding your ringer shut for dear life.

Happy b'day btw :thumleft:

Cheers :thumleft:
Probably gone scare the cr@p out of myself wearing my Astros
Joey

Post by Joey »

matt_mr2t wrote:
Joey wrote:

Pretty much exactly what I did, think I had about 400 pulse rounds by the time I got to her/marker.

Did you have to do anything else after that or did it just play out with a cut scene? All I needed to do was to get on to the escape shuttle and it then played itself out.

Definately rate Dead Space 1 & 2 as 2 of my favourite games ever.

There was the hidden sex scene in the escape shuttle which needed to be unlocked.....
Rogue

Post by Rogue »

Joey wrote:There was the hidden sex scene in the escape shuttle which needed to be unlocked.....

Yeah, I nearly missed that myself! Neatly explained why an empty eye socket was required though.
Joey

Post by Joey »

Rogue wrote:
Joey wrote:There was the hidden sex scene in the escape shuttle which needed to be unlocked.....

Yeah, I nearly missed that myself! Neatly explained why an empty eye socket was required though.

lmao
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

Rogue wrote:

There is!? Seriously? Where? :-s
Joey

Post by Joey »

thai boxer wrote:
Rogue wrote:

when in the shuttle pause the game and type in imasexualdeviant :whistle:
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

Joey wrote:
thai boxer wrote:
Rogue wrote:

when in the shuttle pause the game and type in imasexualdeviant :whistle:

I've already tried that........didnt work. I'll try stripmegagmeandleavemetwitchinginthecorner......

Return to “Games Consoles”