Brilliant Idea for Photos......

What's happening at the Club. You can post your suggestions and ideas here, along with reports of any problems using the site.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Hedgehog Dodger

Brilliant Idea for Photos......

Post by Hedgehog Dodger »

Guys

What about having another website for IMOC member so they can upload photos and host them on there, instead of using IMOC.co.uk?!

We could have another Website....say...IMOC-Files.co.uk

We can all pay X amount to have photos on that website, and then just upload them onto this website when putting a pic up. I feel cheeky asking Neil J to host my pics all the time, as i will have to start paying him :wink:

Good idea...or barking up the wrong tree.....and it would stop IMOC.co.uk from having too many files on so load up time would be quick :D
poyntesm

Re: Brilliant Idea for Photos......

Post by poyntesm »

Dan,

What is most likely going to happen is we will provide that feature from IMOC.CO.UK and IMOC users can pay a small fee to become a premium member that would allow them that feature and more.

Having two domains would just double the domain costs and my headaches!!!

To provide these feature we need to do LOTS of work in the background and it is being done but just takes time. Basically slowly but surely the whole of IMOC is being updated and tweaked. Because what we are talking about now means taking payments there is no quick fix. But be patient and we will get there.

Anything that I can code quickly I am doing. Have a look at http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1343. Feature request completed in 24hours!! And not a tiny one at that.

Regards
Esmond
Sidewinder

Post by Sidewinder »

I think this is an excellent idea. Okay, so there are sites (such as Photobucket) that allow free uploads of pictures, but it would be nice to have all the pictures located in one area of the site.
Mk2 NA Rev1 -*- Mk2 Turbo Rev2 -*- Mk1 NA -*- Mk2 Turbo Rev 3 = all gone!

Post by Aidy »

Getting to pay for the number of pics people can host is probably a good idea, or maybe let people have 4 or 5 in a "My Pictures" area of people's profile. Past experience :) says that when you give unrestricted access to uploads then it quickly gets out of control and becomes unmanageable.
poyntesm

Post by poyntesm »

Aidy,

I am think of a 5 photo upload limit for regular users and a MB limit for payed up users. I have it sort of working in test so it is not that far off. Just doing some work on stat for the site. (DB rather than hits)
poyntesm

Post by poyntesm »

Hi guys,

Small update....the photo upload and gallery side of IMOC has hit the beta stage. We have some beta tester from the main site doing testing of it. I would not expect this to be that far off from landing on the main site. We are pretty happy overall with how it is working at the moment and I am just working on the code to allow premium members more storage and bigger picture resolutions, once that is done we should be good to go.

Regards
Esmond
Kieron

Post by Kieron »

Don't most people's web hosts/isp's give them a small amount of space?
poyntesm

Post by poyntesm »

Yeah...but most only offer FTP access and that is difficult for new users.

Here it will be a upload pic button and hay presto you will have it on the web.

Trust me when you see it you will think it is pretty cool.
Sidewinder

Post by Sidewinder »

It's working brilliantly so far on the test site, even down to the restriction on overly large images.

Post by poyntesm »

Just added the feature to allow different limits for paid users. I will mail you testers soon to test that once I get it work OK. Should be wednesday I think.
poyntesm

Post by poyntesm »

All done.

Check it out http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/album.php

Basically you can upload to either a personal album or a public one.

To upload to a public one a mod will approve a picture.

To post a pic you upload in a topic you need to find the following below the thumbnail

Pic Filename : Link

THe word link is the actual link, so right click and copy it. Now you can use it in any post.

To see everyone elses personal gallery just follow the link

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/album_personal_index.php

Regards
Esmond
Sidewinder

Post by Sidewinder »

Nice one Esmond - it worked perfectly on the test server, and I've just successfully uploaded a shed-load of photos here.

Post by poyntesm »

Great. Really happy with how it turned out. Think it is a great feature to have.

We soon will allow users who pay a little to upload bigger files and more of them.

Return to “Club News and Announcements”