electric window wiring diagram

Discussion and technical advice for 84-89 AW10 & AW11 MR2. 3A-LU, 4A-GE, 4A-GZE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Paul in the Port

electric window wiring diagram

Post by Paul in the Port »

Afternoon all

Having picked up a couple of spare doors yesterday (thanks Steve), i am trying to get the windows wound down so they take up less space and are more protected in storage.

I found a wiring diagram and managed to get the passenger side down by removing the quick release plug from the control relay and putting power direct to the motor, but cant find a wiring diagram for the passenger side.

Does anyone have a copy of the wiring diagram for the passenger side at all??

Cheers
Paul
Paul in the Port

Re: electric window wiring diagram

Problem solved. Found one on Jimi's window switch modification which showed that i simply needed to put power to the switch connections (red and green wires) on the passenger side. Both windows now down.

Cheers
Paul
jimi

Post by jimi »

FYI
Although you've probably realised by now, the relay in the passengers door isn't for the window, it's for the central locking.
Found one on Jimi's window switch modification

:thumleft: yes the first diagram (Power Windows_0001as.jpg) is the standard wiring, glad you found it useful :D
Paul in the Port

Hahaha - yes i figured it just after posting that the relay was nothing to do with the electric windows. Soon sorted the issue after finding the window motor on both sides was fed by a red and green wires. I was stumped for a while though - trying to figure out why none of the colours matched up with the wiring diagram on the (now confirmed) c/l relay.

Cheers
Paul
steveybMR2-173

Post by steveybMR2-173 »

Glad you figured it out Paul, and thanks again, nice to meet you mate :thumleft:
Black 1994 Mk2 Rev 3 GT Turbo T-Bar
Paul in the Port

steveybMR2-173 wrote:Glad you figured it out Paul, and thanks again, nice to meet you mate :thumleft:

Easy once i had found a wiring diagram - and would have been so much easier if i had checked before coming down. Was great to meet you (and also Neil up in Congleton to collect the rear struts) too - and thanks for the extra bits. The gear lever gaiter is now fitted and looks great - i was going to order one off ebay this week in black with red stitching, just like that one!!

Cheers again.

Paul
steveybMR2-173

Post by steveybMR2-173 »

glad you made use of the gaiter, and I'm glad your dads new motorhome made it down to that lock up in one piece, bit tight down there. Guy didnt come to see our track mk1 for sale, so that wing and alot of other stuff we've got on the car itself might be up for grabs soon :thumleft:
Black 1994 Mk2 Rev 3 GT Turbo T-Bar
Paul in the Port

Yep he was a bit nervous driving £40k worth of motorhome backwards down there!! Anyway - its not new any more - its got nearly 300 miles on the clock now!! :lol: :lol:

Put my name down for a drivers side front wing if it doesnt go mate. I found out i had a fibreglass one on there when i went to fit crystal side repeaters - and have been holding off ever since. Bit of a bu88er to have not sold the track car for you mind!!

Return to “MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC”