Toyota Sprint Series 2011

Posts about trackdays and motorsport.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

k11cpc

Post by k11cpc »

For 2011 we will be introducing a whole new championship within the existing one for "Street Cars".

Don't worry....the format we have now will still continue and will be called "Pro" eg: Class B pro.
So all of you that don't have a Street Spec car have just been promoted to Pro Class

We will also add "Street" versions of each class up to A2

A1 will become just "A Pro" and stay the same regs as last year, there will be no "Street" A1, unless there's a call for it???

Also we will have an overall "Street Champion" at the end of the year as well as individual Street Class champions

Points are to be awarded the same as now, which gives the Street guys a chance of beating their corresponding Pro class cars and stealing points from them, it also includes them in the whole championship.

Additional Technical Regs
Street Modifications limited to

Shock absorbers and springs, street type coilovers - height adjustable ok. (No 3 way adjustables ie: seperate soft bump/hard bump and rebound control, No Rally one offs, No remote reservoirs, No alluminium hubs unless standard equipment)

Suspension bushes may be replaced with polyurethane bushes but no rose joints allowed

Standard suspension pick up points - upper and lower strut bracing allowed but must be bolt on.

Anti Roll bars - Upgraded Road type allowed, must use standard pick up points or in the case of rear beam axles, additional points may be used .

No engine or transmission conversions (unless originally fitted to same chassis, eg: MR2 MK1 OE supercharger allowed, or AT200 with 3S-ge would be ok but not a turbo or v6 transplant)

Engine Internals – Standard - Gentlemans agreement - we may use racelogic performance box to measure performance!

Gearbox - Standard, no sequential shifters

Exhaust free within current noise limits (102db), must exit between rear wheels

Air filter free

Boost control free

ECU must be standard along with all standard sensors**

** A gentleman's agreement will be used for vehicles with added supercharger or turbocharger and ecu as long as power output is within sensible limits and suits the particular class. eg: Gen 7 celica with supercharger and ecu mods will be allowed in class A3 street as long as power output is within 330bhp and all other criteria is met.

** ECU and sensors free for A2 Street ( there are many cars out there that are genuine road cars with programmable ecu's)

Turbocharger - must retain OE type exhaust and compressor housings, internals free.(so hybrids allowed)

No race fuel - Commercially available octane booster allowed

No lightweight panels or perspex windows.

No dry sumps, oil or fuel lines inside the car.

No competition type tyres, only msa listed 1a, must be UK road legal at all times (more than 1.6mm tread).

Wheel size may be increased but not decreased.

Brakes free - but no hydraulic handbrakes or bias valves.

Full interior to be retained - spare wheel & jack/brace to be removed.

Front seats may be changed and harness and bolt in roll over protection may be added.

Fire extinguisher advised

Must have MOT

Body kit allowed ie: front and rear bumpers, side skirts, front and rear spoilers allowed but no wide arch conversions, No additional Aero aids ie Canards, splitters, vortex generators, flat under panneling, rear diffusers etc.

The above are proposed additions to our previous regs, which will be amalgamated shortly.

Our idea is to increase the entrants as well as provide a cheaper option for existing competitors. We also hope to encourage the novice driver out on track.

Please give us your views on this, we value your feedback

Thanks
Chris
Norledge

Re: Toyota Sprint Series 2011

Post by Norledge »

Will you be running any different (more sourthern) sprints next year?
bri0905

Post by bri0905 »

Full interior to be retained??? I hope that's just for street class??
96 Rev 3 Turbo, Done!
kaiowas

Post by kaiowas »

bri0905 wrote:Full interior to be retained??? I hope that's just for street class??

Yup, pro class regs are yet to be confirmed but I wouldn't expect any big changes from last season.
Rogue

Post by Rogue »

Given that the MOT requirement is listed in the street class "regulations" does it mean it's likely to be dropped on the Pro class?
k11cpc

Post by k11cpc »

Not sure about MOT I will post this up on the TSS forum and let you know. Is my cage ready yet??

Oh and I will ask the organisers to see if there will be any southern sprints this next season :D
k11cpc

Post by k11cpc »

OK so the regs are finished and in answer to your question Rogue you now no longer need an MOT for the Pro Class only Street class however the car must be safe.

The regulations can be found at:

http://www.toyota-sprint-series.com/for ... t=5&p=7#p7

Hope to see some more MR2's in the series next year

Chris :D
Rogue

Post by Rogue »

Some interesting regs - I still don't agree with the restriction on T-bar panels, especially as sunroofs fitted in other cars are permitted. The requirement is for the removal of glass above the competitor, either apply it equally or don't apply it at all.

The regulations also assume that any rear wheel drive car has a longitudinally mounted engine...

I'll try and make it along to some rounds next year and I'll be in class C pro. :thumleft:
Quigonjay

Post by Quigonjay »

Rogue wrote:either apply it equally or don't apply it at all

+1
k11cpc

Post by k11cpc »

I have asked the question about this and will let you know if there are any changes as the regs are still open for change if it is seen fit.

Chris
Shmed

Post by Shmed »

What might Street A1 constitute? At the minute, I fall into A Pro, but I have only done the engine and ECU.
k11cpc

Post by k11cpc »

PM Adrian over on the TSS forum and he will let you know :D
Shmed

Post by Shmed »

PM'd him, but not heard back, is he away?
craig_mr2_mk1

Post by craig_mr2_mk1 »

I know he's busy at the minute finalising the dates and fee's for next year. At the minute you would be the only person to enter A1 street judging from the thread on the forum.

Craig
k11cpc

Post by k11cpc »

Not sure what A1 street would be and now sure there is even such a class.. I will ask Adrian my self and let you know.

Chris
Shmed

Post by Shmed »

Cool, guaranteed class winner then 8)

Nah, I was just interested in what a1 street was. I thought it was for people with silly turbos and power but that still keep the car road legal and keep all the interior (like me)

I can wait though, if he's busy.
k11cpc

Post by k11cpc »

if they do an A1 street it would be as the other classes full interior and normal road tyres (Not R888's etc)
craig_mr2_mk1

Post by craig_mr2_mk1 »

Have a look at this Shmed, Adrian posted this tonight on TSS.
http://www.toyota-sprint-series.com/for ... =61&t=1252
http://www.toyota-sprint-series.com/for ... t=5&p=7#p7

If you want some cheaper options to R888's look at the maxsport tyres, Thats what I shall be using for the series next year in A Pro.

Craig.
k11cpc

Post by k11cpc »

Ok so the calander has been released and there is a sprint closer to south west..... hope to see some fresh faces next year :D

http://www.toyota-sprint-series.com/for ... f=2&t=1264

Any questions just ask.

Thanks

Chris
Mymnbyncneole

Post by Mymnbyncneole »

I could have / should have done this to keep my championship fight going, but did a sprint at Lydden instead. I weighed it up & between a 6 hour drive or an hour ot Lydden it was a bit of a no brainer.

Great to see the glowing reports & pics on the TSS forum, plus your on board video too Dave, nice one.

Return to “Motorsport and Trackdays”