I tried black Ops last night...

Is the PS3 better than a C64, all in here

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

fizz

I tried black Ops last night...

Post by fizz »

Cousin rang me to say he got a dodgy copy for the Xbox last night so popped over and tried it for a couple of hours see what the crack is. (im due to get this on the PS3 anyway so my concious is clear!) :whistle:

I got there when they were already playing the single player mode and first impressions were good. Its like a mix between world at war and MW2 in terms of game play and graphics. The graphics were really nice as it happens but very different to MW2.

Full new range of weapons and attachments which is cool as you got things like flame throwers which you can attach to a AK47 for example but i did notice they have rid of the UMP45 sub machine gun! ](*,)

Some points of interest i noticed;

- Gold gun camo is back! whoo hoo!

- In local split screen you no longer have to build up points to unlock weapons etc which was a pain if you went to play at a mates and they have already built their profile up! So now everything is unlocked from the start and you can create your classes from the off!

- Also for those who have ever played 3 way split screen in MW2 will know that the 3rd player had the whole of the bottom window where as 1st and 2nd player had to have smaller split ones above. This is no longer the case! My cousin was devastated to find that the bottom window is now the same size as the 2 above!

- New kill streaks are now available like the RC car with a bomb in it and napalm bombs etc... (when i play it again i will take a pic of the list and post it up)

- They have removed the Stopping power perk!!! (I think) couldn't find it in there but i did see Bullet penetration so i think its replaced with this. I know a lot of you will be sad to see it go but im glad as it levels things out a bit. Im sure there are some more new perks etc so will try get a pic of the new list

- Running seems a bit slower and the whole movement seems have been made a bit more realistic

- You can now select what type of character you want to be in terms of the different outfits etc... and you can also select what face paint you want.

- Zombie mode - Reminds me of Wolfenstein where you have to shoot zombies set back in WW2 Nazi environment. They break through boarded up doors and you have to shoot them and repair the doors before they come back and collect points and use the points to buy better guns and unlock doors etc...

Thats all i can think of from my limited time playing last night but no doubt i will be back round when time permits and come back with more for ya.

Im sure some of you cant wait... i know i was a bit sceptical but having now played it, it has more than enough to keep me entertained for a while.

Only played 2 maps so far in multiplayer and they seemed ok.

Will report back later when i get some screen shots. :thumleft:

Regards
Fizz
fizz

Re: I tried black Ops last night...

Post by fizz »

also just stolen this off PH...

I’m Josh Olin (aka JD_2020), Treyarch’s Community Manager on Call of Duty: Black Ops. Today, I wanted to take the opportunity to highlight some of the features that Call of Duty: Black Ops will deliver fans when it launches on November 9th. A number of these features are ones that I think the community has been wanting for a long time, which is why we’ve worked really hard to deliver.. So let’s get started!

Multiplayer Online Split-Screen Support
Let’s get started with what I believe is the most unknown, yet confirmed, aspect to Call of Duty: Black Ops Multiplayer -- the online split-screen support we’ve re-introduced to the franchise! This applies to both the Xbox 360 & PlayStation 3.

The Facts:
You can connect a 2nd controller and bring a Guest online (i.e. "JD_2020" & "JD_2020(1)").
Guests can rank up, earn unlocks, etc -- all Guest progress goes away once signed out.
(Xbox 360 only) You can bring a 2nd, Gold Xbox LIVE account online!
(Xbox 360 only) Both players with full online accounts can rank-up while playing split-screen, as if on two separate consoles.
Custom Games Editor
Allow me to introduce the Black Ops Custom Games editor! Private Matches have never been this customizable. Players will have the ability to structure their games at all new levels of granularity. From variables as simple as Time Limit and Score Limit, or as deep as which weapons, Perks, and gear is available. You want a Pistols Only match? Make one! No longer do custom game modes rely on the "honor system".

Furthermore, any Custom Game you create and configure can be placed in your File Share, for friends and the community-at-large to browse, download, and enjoy. You just might create the most addictive new game mode of all time from the comfort of your own living room!

In-Game Friends List
We’ve integrated a built-in Friends List into the in-game User Interface. You’ll be able to browse Recent Players, Friends, navigate their File Shares, Recent Games, Combat Records -- all within this in-game menu system designed to streamline the social process within the game. Sending game invites and joining Friends’ games has never been simpler than in Call of Duty: Black Ops.

Regional Matchmaking & Party Privacy
Call of Duty: Black Ops will support regional matchmaking filters on a global scale. So, no matter where you’re at in the world, you will have the ability to specify whether you want to match with players from other geographical regions, or only those local to you. This will make communication and lag a much less intrusive variable on your gameplay experience.

Additionally, given Black Ops will support joining games in progress via an even simpler built-in in-game Friends List interface, we’ll allow a Party leader to lock down his lobby to Invite Only, Friends Only, or even Close it altogether if he wants to be in complete control over who enters and exits the Party Lobby.

Emblems Do NOT Reset with Prestige
This one is pretty cut-and-dry -- a frequently asked question is, "Will my kickass emblem I spent hours perfecting be lost when I prestige??" The answer is, "NO!" -- Emblems are one of the only aspects of Black Ops MP that do not get a full reset upon entering Prestige. Things that will reset when you Prestige are: XP, COD Points, Challenge progressions, Loadouts, etc.

So that’s just a few of the lesser-known components to Call of Duty: Black Ops MP, officially confirmed in one location! What I just described applies to the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and the PC -- except for the Split Screen Online play, Regional Matchmaking, and Party Privacy. That’s just 360 and PS3.

For more information regarding Black Ops, and all the new features included in Multiplayer, head over to our official YouTube channel at http://YouTube.com/CallOfDuty and watch all the different trailers we have highlighted the game. Additionally, follow me on Twitter at @JD_2020 for more news and updates.

http://callofduty.com/intel/407?path=intel/407
DannyN

Post by DannyN »

Kill-Cam ??
fizz

Post by fizz »

DannyN wrote:Kill-Cam ??

If your question is 'Is there still a kill-cam?' then the answer is yes. Although obviously we were only playing local split screen so i can only presume the same thing like MW2 of hard core games not having it will still be the same.
StevieL

Post by StevieL »

Sounds good, I was going to leave this one for a bit, might just go get it :D
fizz

Post by fizz »

Popped over on my lunch break as i was bored.. :whistle:

Some more info i have picked up for ya...

You now have some excellent new additions items like a decoy box which you can throw which makes gun shot noises and marks up on the radar.. as its going off it bounces about on the floor to mimic movement for about 10 seconds... :D

The tactical insurgance (sp) is still available but it is disabled in Fre For All! :clap:

Some screen shots i took of the different sets of weapons.. note the AUG is now classed as an Assualt Rifle as opposed to a Light Machine Gun.

Assualt rifle list
Shotgun list

Sub Machine Gun list
dawesy

Post by dawesy »

cant wait till tuesday now \:D/
StevieL

Post by StevieL »

I just ordered it off Amazon :thumleft:
fizz

Post by fizz »

Im due to go round again tomorrow night so will pick up some more screen shots. I havent looked at the sniper weapons as yet but i did find last night that when you select a sights on your gun, you can select the type of cross hair you want in it along with the colour of the marker and the colour of the background. Thought that was a nice touch. I used an Acid Face smilie! lol

With regards to secondaries you have most of what you had before with the exception of a few things. One cool one is you can select to have 2 knifes which you hold in each hand and you can shoot the blade out and then go collect it and place it back in the grip. When you use mele attack with it, its the same speed as using the tactical knife in MW2 which you have to unlock with a pistol normally.

Had another bash last night and tried some more multiplayer maps. Ive noticed that the HUD map int he corner there seems to be grid numbers like C2 C3 C4 etc... Maybe in team mode you will be able to use these to give directions for plans of attack etc.

Kill streaks - The RC car is amusing.. you use the left stick for forward/reverse and the right for direction. You have 2 speeds dependant on how far you push the stick. The RC car can be shot and stopped as well in motion so there is a chance to escape it.

Also you now have a Sam Turret which i got from a care package although i never saw it in action as there was nothing to shoot down.

Extras - You now carry 3 extra items now as opposed to 2 like MW2. So you can still use a granade and claymore for instance but now you have a 3rd tactical option which you select by pushing up on the D pad.

There are things like motion sensor whcih you can plonk down in one place and you will get a small radius on the map of coverage. You can pick it up and move it as many times as you want.

Also a mobile radar jammer which you can use in the same way as the motion sensor.
fizz

Post by fizz »

Also just seen this..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDVm8yAGNpg :thumleft:

It seems you no longer unlock perks automatically you now have to buy them with credit/points you build up during the online games!

Much better me thinks! :mrgreen:
Razor04

Post by Razor04 »

this looks good now, watched a few YouTube clips
you can customise everything including a clan symbol
that you have on your weapons and the crosshair reticule
fizz mentioned.

i just know there's gonna be some proper knobs looking
to rob people of cash in the wager matches lol

when can I buy this? Tuesday?

they're playing online already! found this:
when your sprinting you can hold B and you leap forward into a bellyslide and stay prone, this makes it impossible to shoot you, apparently eveyone online is doing it,
must be the new Knife running lol
cartledge_uk

Post by cartledge_uk »

How much :shock:

Did they just slap an extra £10 on the price because they know people will still buy it.
sw20GTS

Post by sw20GTS »

Hmm can't believe there's an exploit already :P Ordered mine from Play got an email saying I should be getting it sometime this week.

No one bought PC versions? :P
My personal website : http://www.jonathanchye.co.uk
StevieL

Post by StevieL »

I got an email on Friday saying mines been dispached :D
craig

Post by craig »

hahaha £43 delivered Kiss my *** [-(

I'll stick with MW2 thanks :mrgreen:

To think that people have bought MW2 for around 30-40 quid and bought the 2 map packs @ roughly 12 quid each, only to cast it aside and have it covered in dust to spend a further 43 quid on a new cod. Madness.

My opinion mind :wink:
JohnnyC

Post by JohnnyC »

£40 at Amazon.
£25 at Tesco if bought with a £20 PSN voucher thingy.
craig

Post by craig »

JohnnyC wrote:£40 at Amazon.

£40 that will be spent on better things. I'm on XBOX anyway so £20 PSN voucher would be pretty useless :lol:

Just thinking now that maybe MW2 will be more noob/booster/glitcher free when B/O comes out as they'll be busy ruining that.
JohnnyC

Post by JohnnyC »

RedMR² wrote:Just thinking now that maybe MW2 will be more noob/booster/glitcher free when B/O comes out as they'll be busy ruining that.
:thumleft:
I ain't getting CoD:Blops, not for a while anyway.
craig

Post by craig »

JohnnyC wrote:
RedMR² wrote:Just thinking now that maybe MW2 will be more noob/booster/glitcher free when B/O comes out as they'll be busy ruining that.
:thumleft:
I ain't getting CoD:Blops, ever

Me either :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
JohnnyC

Post by JohnnyC »

RedMR² wrote:
JohnnyC wrote:£40 at Amazon.

£40 that will be spent on better things. I'm on XBOX anyway so £20 PSN voucher would be pretty useless :lol:

Update: £25 + buying 2100 xbox live points, however much they cost!

Never say never 8)

Return to “Games Consoles”