Fallout: New Vegas

Is the PS3 better than a C64, all in here

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

thai boxer

Re: Fallout: New Vegas

Post by thai boxer »

H3RB wrote:
Bender Unit wrote:I have found it slower to start than FO3

is that even possible?! fo3 is the only game that ive ever had to attend my own 10th bday party then lol i hated how slow it started which is why i never played it, finally got outside the vault saved it and turned it off never to play it again lol

You've missed out on one of the best games going then! :eye:
Pain is temporary, pride is forever.
StevieL

Post by StevieL »

Just seen an advert for this, £22in Tesco! :shock:
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

It's a bargain at that price. Whilst not as good as F3, I'm 37 hours in and I reckon I'm only 2/3 of the way through the game (that's a guess though) so £/hr is pretty high :thumleft:
cartledge_uk

Post by cartledge_uk »

My copy went to the parents house by mistake ](*,)

I'll have to wait until next weekend to play #-o
cartledge_uk

Post by cartledge_uk »

Its amazing!

15hours in and have got nowhere, brilliant!
Bender Unit

Post by Bender Unit »

Definatley a poor cousin to FO3 - not massivley impressed now I have played and completed it and I was a huge FO3 fan.

The story had no real flow, I couldnt have cared less what happened to either faction, and all the charaters were transparent. It just hangs together pretty badly for a full game.

I was also sick to death with the bugs, freeze's and all other sorts of randomness.

At least wth FO3, you actually had some reason to care.

Lets hope they dont ruin the new Oblivion game, then I will be really pi$$ed!
dazzz

Post by dazzz »

I love oblivion.

I hope it's exactly like the old game but with a different story.
fizz

Post by fizz »

dazzz wrote:I love oblivion.

I hope it's exactly like the old game but with a different story.

I played Fallout 3 and then started to play oblivion and couldnt get into it.. felt very dated compared to fallout.
Bender Unit

Post by Bender Unit »

Oblivion is an epic adventure and it takes some effort to get into but once your there its awesome! the scale of the game is boggling and makes FO3 etc seem pokey without much happening.
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

Got this for xmas and gona start playing it tonight. Absolutely loved Fallout3 and put 120+hrs into that so know how it all works but is there anything I should/n't do in this one that people know about? Best weapons and where to get em early?

Cheers guys. :thumleft:
dazzz

Post by dazzz »

Play it in hardcore mode straight away.

Makes the game so much better :thumleft:
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

A part from hardcore mode, any else? Places to go first off? Decent weapons are the main thing I'm after!
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

Play it however you want to play it. That's kinda the idea of the whole free-roaming thing. ;)

Some people do the main storyline then go after all the sub quests, some work their way across the map, some just wander inanely and kill everything in sight. Personally I do all the sub quests first to build my level up before attempting the main quest and then just before the final mission, I go a-wandering to visit every single place to make sure I haven't missed anything.

If it's just powerful weapons you're after, visit the Van Graff place in Freeside. Loads of energy weapons in there for you to steal by using the bucket method.
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

ekona wrote: Personally I do all the sub quests first to build my level up before attempting the main quest and then just before the final mission, I go a-wandering to visit every single place to make sure I haven't missed anything.

Exactly the same way I do it mate. :thumleft:
StevieL

Post by StevieL »

The bucket method? I spent a few hours on this last night, seems good apart from the freezing up occasionally

Going to spend a bit of time on it over the weekend :cyclops:
Bender Unit

Post by Bender Unit »

On my second play through and I have worked the few main quests to start off, and worked my way around to Novac. Once I had done that I started on a few side quests. Doing it that way the game flows better.

Also pick up everything and sell it to get money, as you work you way south to the outpost and then east and then north up to Novac and then the 188 trading post.

In the place with the rollercoaster fix the robot in the shack to give you extra storage space. You can pedal a lot of stuff between those places which gives you lots of credits to spend on some decent armour and weapons. You will also probably end up with a halfway decent gun if you follow that path and keep repairing duplicates.

Cowboy repeater is pretty much the best one you get early on.

Once you get to Novac head straight up the Map and past New Vega – reach the end of the map and then go left – keep walking until you come across a merc and 4 people in their underpants. Kill the merc and take his gun. It’s basically the highest rated gun in the game with easily obtainable ammo – after that you pretty much set! The guy also has some fairly good armour as well!

Stealth boy means you can sneak into the gun runners camp and rob the guns and sell them to a trader.

Complete the ghoul quest near Novac and do Boones quest to get a free hut in town and a stupidly hardcore follower.

For some other goodies go to the bottom of the map and far right – swim across the river and you will come across some Mirelurks and in a cave is some decent finds. Then swim up on the right hand side, there will be a gap in the rocks and a path leading upwards from the water that has Enclave armour, and a decent laser rifle (it also has around 20 deathclaws so bewarned!)
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

StevieL wrote:The bucket method? I spent a few hours on this last night, seems good apart from the freezing up occasionally

Going to spend a bit of time on it over the weekend :cyclops:

The bucket method:

Get bucket and place on floor. Pick up items you want to steal (NOTE: pick up via clicking the analogue stick rather than putting in your pack!) and put them in the bucket. Pick up bucket and take it somewhere hidden. Now you can take the items to your hearts content and pop them in your pack :thumleft:
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

Bender Unit wrote:On my second play through and I have worked the few main quests to start off, and worked my way around to Novac. Once I had done that I started on a few side quests. Doing it that way the game flows better.

Also pick up everything and sell it to get money, as you work you way south to the outpost and then east and then north up to Novac and then the 188 trading post.

In the place with the rollercoaster fix the robot in the shack to give you extra storage space. You can pedal a lot of stuff between those places which gives you lots of credits to spend on some decent armour and weapons. You will also probably end up with a halfway decent gun if you follow that path and keep repairing duplicates.

Cowboy repeater is pretty much the best one you get early on.

Once you get to Novac head straight up the Map and past New Vega – reach the end of the map and then go left – keep walking until you come across a merc and 4 people in their underpants. Kill the merc and take his gun. It’s basically the highest rated gun in the game with easily obtainable ammo – after that you pretty much set! The guy also has some fairly good armour as well!

Stealth boy means you can sneak into the gun runners camp and rob the guns and sell them to a trader.

Complete the ghoul quest near Novac and do Boones quest to get a free hut in town and a stupidly hardcore follower.

For some other goodies go to the bottom of the map and far right – swim across the river and you will come across some Mirelurks and in a cave is some decent finds. Then swim up on the right hand side, there will be a gap in the rocks and a path leading upwards from the water that has Enclave armour, and a decent laser rifle (it also has around 20 deathclaws so bewarned!)

:thumleft: Done most of that but some extra bits worth doing there! Cheers mate. :thumleft:
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

Ok bender unit mate I'm looking for this merc with the good gun but I'm struggling to get to the top edge of the map! There's just huge mountains in the way that you can't cross. I've found the Nellis air force base and array, northern passage (that do anything?) Horowitz farmstead and brooks tumbleweed ranch but can't get any higher up the map! Tips? Where exactly on the map is this merc? I've got some damn good weapons already though....found the cowboy repeater early which is cool, the anti-materiel rifle from the brotherhood of steel is amazing! 50cal super sniper...one hit deaths! Fat man is good, scope hunting revolver is cool and the hunting rifle, also found the Q-35 matter modulator which is a pretty cool energy rifle, and good old thump-thump! Any others you've found?
fizz

Post by fizz »

just got a copy of this on the PC... and looks good so far.. much the same as FO3 so far. :thumleft:

Return to “Games Consoles”