De-cat Options

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

matt_mr2t

De-cat Options

Post by matt_mr2t »

Okey dokey, should be having a CT20 fitted sooner rather than later.
Do I gut my cat, wait for Dan at DC to get an extreme boost d/p or check out Rogues rev 6 ones?
matt_bakermk1

Re: De-cat Options

Post by matt_bakermk1 »

or have a look at KO Racing, GTChris, Aussie, Hyper SR... etc etc ;)

For a quick result if Rogue has 'em in stock would have to be a good plan - at least you're getting a UK supplied product with UK support if any problems occur. (even if it isn't made in the UK?)
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

How do I order from Rogue?
tubby_tony

Post by tubby_tony »

I can recommend GTSChris's services. Just received mine today and looks the dogs danglies.
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

I'm more interested in if it'll crack or not. If it does what kinda warrenty is there?
What it looks like is irrelevent.
matt_bakermk1

Post by matt_bakermk1 »

GTSChris supplies a support bracket which should resolve the issue - most cracking problems were reported on teh Aussie and HyperSR before they started to come with the bracket.

Extremeboost doesn't come with bracket but uses thicker steel, you can still use a bracket if you can get hold of one though.

Faliures of extremeboost pipes are very rare, but not totally non-existent. I'm sure if you've bought from Dan or Tim there would be some kind of comeback if you did end up with it cracking tho..
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

What about Rogues one?
matt_bakermk1

Post by matt_bakermk1 »

Give them a call - they're always really helpful on the phone.

The brackets work on all the dp's AFAIK (I have an Extremeboost and was asking about the brackets a while ago - haven't gotten round to getting one yet, but I will) so you could always install one with Rogues for added peace of mind if it doesn't come with as standard.

I'd still say give them a call though, you'll get your answer much quicker and more reliably straight from the horses mouth as it were!
matt_bakermk1

Post by matt_bakermk1 »

or if you don't want to call (not ready for a potential sales pitch or something) I'm going up to them this evening to collect my car so I can ask a few q's for you and post them up tomorrow if that helps?
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

That would be lovely mate, cheers.

Return to “Modifications”