Need To Get Back In To Gaming

Is the PS3 better than a C64, all in here

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

matt_mr2t

Need To Get Back In To Gaming

Post by matt_mr2t »

Havent touched either console for months now. I find it hard to play as I dont get home till about 8.15 every night, by the time i've had dinner it's getting on for 9. There's so many shows on my series link on Sky+ that if I dont watch them as they happen I run out of space on my HDD, or they build up so much I never watch them.

But I have 2 weeks off soon with a lot of days with nothing what so ever to do. I have a few games I still haven't finished, FEAR 2, Resistance 2, Killzone 2 (lots of 2's here)

And just to add to my now busy gaming schedule, I ordered Uncharted 2 (yes another 2!) and Left 4 Dead (1 this time!)
Ben

Re: Need To Get Back In To Gaming

Post by Ben »

i know whaty you mean matt.. (sorry this is pistol pete on bens computer)

i don't touch my 360 from about april through till sept..
i have just put gears in my xbox couple weeks ago and its been on ever since...
but now my xbox will be on till early next year where i won't play it agasin
2001 BMW M5 (Bahnstormer) | 2004 RX8 231 (the Racecat) | 2001 Volvo V70 (Swedish eBay barge)

Previous:
1989 MR2 Mk1b T-bar | 1988 MR2 SC Super Edition
Razor04

Post by Razor04 »

You need to get into MW2 online, your job, & social life will take a back seat :lol:
craig

Post by craig »

Razor04 wrote:You need to get into MW2 online, your job, & social life will take a back seat :lol:

I concur :lol:
DannyN

Post by DannyN »

RedMR² wrote:
Razor04 wrote:You need to get into MW2 online, your job, & social life will take a back seat :lol:

I concur :lol:

how true !
Joey

Post by Joey »

Stick a bigger hard drive in your sky box :)
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

I find online multiplayer games hugely annoying and boring.

I like stories & plots.
craig

Post by craig »

matt_mr2t wrote:I find online multiplayer games hugely annoying and boring.

I like stories & plots.

MW2 is not boring dude! You ever played it online?

You'll love it! :twisted:
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

I played MW1 online for a good while and got my rank up. Getting your rank up is about the only satisfying aspect of it really. I grew tired of it and never did it again. Not once even bothered with MW2.
It's my big bugbear about the COD games, it seems to be 80% geared towards OLMP with very little single player story mode.

I just get no satisfaction out of running around in a confined map killing and being killed over and over again. It's repetetive which gets boring very quickly. Much like racing and sports games.
Razor04

Post by Razor04 »

You got to come up with ever more feindish ways of despatching the oposition, like waiting under a stairwell with an automatic shotgun and nailing em in the back. Gives me great satisfaction :thumleft:
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

Every one gets satisfaction in different ways. I just dont get it from repetetive games.
pistol pete

Post by pistol pete »

Razor04 wrote:You got to come up with ever more feindish ways of despatching the oposition, like waiting under a stairwell with an automatic shotgun and nailing em in the back. Gives me great satisfaction :thumleft:

*cough* camper *cough*
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

I think the gaming worlds addiction to MW online is no different to the TV worlds addiction to X-Factor really.

It's amazing how this thread, which didnt mention anything to do with MW has descended into a chat about it.

It reminds me of the days of Grand Theft Auto being the big game on the market.

I had complete strangers come to see me at work and just start talking about it. I mean WTF?

"Hi Matt, I have X file with a settlement, could you take a look. Oh, and have you got GTA yet?"

"I havent even got a games console?!"

That was a good few years ago.

It put me off GTA I know that. Saddo's.
dazzz

Post by dazzz »

Forza Motorsport on the xbox much more than a racing game,

or

Fallout New Vegas on PS3/xbox
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

How is it much more than a racing game? I've got it, and while it's a very good racing sim with fanstic graphics, you do just race and nothing much else. There's nothing more to it than racing, getting credits, buying/modding cars, racing, getting credits, buying/modding cars.

I got bored of that after a week or so. Like I got bored of Fifa (havent even bought the last few, seems pointless), Fight Night etc.

Just not my cuppa tea. I can see why some like games like that, but I like something with some more imagination and creativity, Something that will suprise me when I play and make me sit at work and think "I'm gonna play that tonight because I really want to find out what happens next"

As for Fall Out Vegas. I missed the boat on Fall Out 3 and never played any others. I keep meaning to buy Fall Out 3 and give it a go though. I will once I have completed the huge amount of games I currently have that i havent finished :oops:
dazzz

Post by dazzz »

It's all about the online racing. Anyone can mod a car but can that car win a race online against good players.
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

If that's your thing, that's your thing. But it looses my interest quite quickly.
monkeymax

Post by monkeymax »

I'm with you Matt. I love my single-player games for the decent storylines. Admittedly I've not gamed in quite a while, but most of the games I've played have had great story lines to go along with them.
Not bothered with multiplayer much since CounterStrike (the original!). Recently went online with CounterStrike, and TBH, got bored quick. It's much more fun when you're playing people you know, but even then I'd rather replay Half-life 2 than play Counterstrike against a bunch of strangers. :thumleft:
dazzz

Post by dazzz »

If you really want to get stuck into something....

Online Poker...
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

I dont know how to play poker :oops:

Return to “Games Consoles”