[Mk2] [Generic] Rogue lights are the way forward... what else?

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

HighwayStar

[Mk2] [Generic] Rogue lights are the way forward... what else?

Post by HighwayStar »

First off a big thanks to Tyrant for the supply and fitting. I've fancied a set of these for ages to help with my 'classic look' build. I've just uploaded a pic to my garage and think they look spectacular on my car.
I hope to get it finished next week with lucerne silver door mirrors, JDM rev 3 lights (I've resisted them till now preferring the more retro look of the rev 1/2s but have now realised it's only 2 owners themselves who know the difference and the round rev 3s will work better with the Rogue fronts) and a black centre panel all from 3S.
What do you think? Do you like the quad lights and will the other bits work on my car? Just interested in your opinions.... I will be doing it whatever.

R.

PS. I also have a small Toms rear spoiler I'm still considering fitting but I'm now thinking of cutting it down so it's only the width of the bootlid and could be blended.... hmmm.
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Re: [Mk2] [Generic] Rogue lights are the way forward... what else?

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

The rogue lights look great mate and I think having a spoiler is far better than a plain fe bootlid, especially if you are cutting and blending to make it a one off for your vehicle.

From your posts and pics/garage it always seems you go with pretty subtle mods, so the rear lights/centre panel would keep the overall feel and give a fresh look to the rear. I like the way you are styling it, just be careful not to go too OTT and spoil the sleek look. I personally wouldnt go for silver wingmirrors.
HighwayStar

Post by HighwayStar »

Cheers fella.
I'm still undecided about the spoiler since I really love the spoilerless look as is. I'm doing a lot of photoshopping to see if I can design something I really like that is possible for the bodyshop to fabricate from the little Toms so still work to do there. My thinking is that the silver mirrors would tie in the silver rain vents, t-bar err.. bars, and the silver touches on the front and rear.
The quad lights do look awesome though don't they.
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

I think a set of crystal sidelights would look good aswell. :thumleft:
redmr89

Post by redmr89 »

hey mate i dont post on here much now. but having a look through. id say dont do the mirrors. but a nice small molded spoiler would look good. cut it down and blend it in duck tail style. will fit with your style.
oiltrap

re lights

Post by oiltrap »

lights look well good, and liking the no spoiler look :thumleft:
fearless

Post by fearless »

HighwayStar wrote:First off a big thanks to Tyrant for the supply and fitting. I've fancied a set of these for ages to help with my 'classic look' build. I've just uploaded a pic to my garage and think they look spectacular on my car.
I hope to get it finished next week with lucerne silver door mirrors, JDM rev 3 lights (I've resisted them till now preferring the more retro look of the rev 1/2s but have now realised it's only 2 owners themselves who know the difference and the round rev 3s will work better with the Rogue fronts) and a black centre panel all from 3S.
What do you think? Do you like the quad lights and will the other bits work on my car? Just interested in your opinions.... I will be doing it whatever.

R.

PS. I also have a small Toms rear spoiler I'm still considering fitting but I'm now thinking of cutting it down so it's only the width of the bootlid and could be blended.... hmmm.

rev 3 lights got the better of you aswell matey i kept them at bay for 3 years, i agree with a spoiler but if you like subtle thats your opinion and yes have a bodyshop make you something subtle, really love the lights would love a set for mine would finish mine off nicely at the front, as you know mine has just had a long time due makeover and love it go for it matey if thats what you want go for it, i have a black back panel to go with roof and mirrors and think it works, look forward to some pics when done matey. :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:
she's all comming together nicely now after a fair bit of cash spent, not bad for just an n/a now for some body kit i think.
Tyrant

Post by Tyrant »

Looking awesome! :thumleft:
Liking the spoilerless look as well
cvega666

Post by cvega666 »

those lights look awesome, a bit pricey though! (at least new ones).
I'd stay with the spoilerless look tbh!
Current: 2007 Porsche Cayman S
Gone: '94 rev3 NA, '92 rev2 Turbo forged, '07 Civic Type-R

Return to “Modifications”