Medal of honour thread

Is the PS3 better than a C64, all in here

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

thai boxer

Re: Medal of honour thread

Post by thai boxer »

Bought Tier1 edition for £20 last night....completed it on the hardest setting this afternoon! :roll:

Not the longest game in the world by any means but actually enjoyed the campain more than I did Black Ops! Its more realistic than BO or MW2, the graphics definitely arnt as good but the lighting, water, music and sound effects are excellent! Game looks fantastic in places, cack in others. Cut scenes are good too.

Multiplayer looks and plays very different to MW2 and BO. Far more realstic and been having some damn good games on there! The guy that created Battlefield did the multiplayer and you can definitely tell. Been trying to get back online with it but keep getting the EA servers are currently unavailable screen! ](*,) Played 3-4 hours online now, really like it. :thumleft:

Give it 7.5/10.
Pain is temporary, pride is forever.
Andy Jones

Post by Andy Jones »

Is it worth spending £14.99 on to play through the single player campaign? (play.com's Mega Monday) Finished all the PS2 MOH games, be rude not too give this a try but seems it's very short :(
Engine rebuilt by: Steve Horrocks & Andy Jones
Engine mapped by: Ryan@2bartuning (330 bhp & 325 lbft @ 1.4 bar)
Current Status: F****D :(
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

Andy Jones wrote:Is it worth spending £14.99 on to play through the single player campaign? (play.com's Mega Monday) Finished all the PS2 MOH games, be rude not too give this a try but seems it's very short :(

Yeah it is mate. Not a bad game at all. Some real good levels and missions to play and then theres always multiplayer! :thumleft:
JohnnyC

Post by JohnnyC »

Single player is reasonable.
Some VERY good levels (The level in Afghanistan that starts with the Chinook cutscene (best cutscene I've seen in a game) and the Apache level).

Multiplayer is cack.
cartledge_uk

Post by cartledge_uk »

I did enjoy the game, and played a bit of the multiplayer (took a while to get into) but since I havent played it much at all.
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

JohnnyC wrote:Single player is reasonable.
Some VERY good levels (The level in Afghanistan that starts with the Chinook cutscene (best cutscene I've seen in a game) and the Apache level).

Multiplayer is cack.

Agree with the cut scenes, very good. I thought multiplayer was cack too but then really got into it and enjoyed it more than Black Ops! Team Death match and Sector Control are the only ones worth playing, a lot more realistic than BO and MW2! :thumleft:
Andy Jones

Post by Andy Jones »

Not even tried the single player yet as a mate came round and wanted to see what the multiplayer was like and i've got into it, agree with Thai, Team Deathmatch and Sector Control are brilliant, and one game i've changed my playing strategy as running around like a headless chicken on speed shotgunning people in the face and back doesn't seem to work on MoH as I get deaded a lot so been playing more as sniper.
Engine rebuilt by: Steve Horrocks & Andy Jones
Engine mapped by: Ryan@2bartuning (330 bhp & 325 lbft @ 1.4 bar)
Current Status: F****D :(
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

Andy Jones wrote:Not even tried the single player yet as a mate came round and wanted to see what the multiplayer was like and i've got into it, agree with Thai, Team Deathmatch and Sector Control are brilliant, and one game i've changed my playing strategy as running around like a headless chicken on speed shotgunning people in the face and back doesn't seem to work on MoH as I get deaded a lot so been playing more as sniper.

Well thats the only thing I absolutely hate with MW2, all the muppets running a round with Commando Pro and Akimbo Shotguns...cant stand it, totally unrealistic. Had some excellent games on MOH and far more realistic! :thumleft:
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

the best mode on moh is the one where you have to arm the bombs, that mode is great. found it much more fun the mw2
StevieL

Post by StevieL »

Seen this in Gamestation for £19.99 today (Tier 1 version), is it worth getting at that price?
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

StevieL wrote:Seen this in Gamestation for £19.99 today (Tier 1 version), is it worth getting at that price?

Thats what I paid for it mate. Worth getting yeah. :thumleft:
Razor04

Post by Razor04 »

StevieL wrote:Seen this in Gamestation for £19.99 today (Tier 1 version), is it worth getting at that price?

mine went straight to Argos who gave me £27 for the sh*te :thumleft:
you could get it for 19.99 try it realise it's sh*te then trade it at Argos
for £27 and make £7.01 profit
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

Razor04 wrote:

thing is, its only poo if u think mw2 is awesome lol cause its quite a difficult game to pick up but awesome when you get the hang of it :thumleft:
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

H3RB wrote:
Razor04 wrote:

thing is, its only poo if u think mw2 is awesome lol cause its quite a difficult game to pick up but awesome when you get the hang of it :thumleft:

Agreed! :thumleft:
StevieL

Post by StevieL »

Finally bought it today, wish I'd bought this instead of Black Flops. Good game :thumleft:

Only done the first level and about 5 games online but it feels good.

Return to “Games Consoles”