Hi, new member new car :-)

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Dan89

Hi, new member new car :-)

Post by Dan89 »

Just thought I'd introduce myself as I've just signed up. So here goes. I'm Dan and live just outside Bury St Eds in Suffolk, 20 but 21 next month. Bought my first Jap car few weeks ago, had 2 206's, 1 Saxo and a Punto previously.
Anyways the car, she's a 2litre N/A T-bar UK spec rev 1 and brilliant :-) so much fun to drive and very responsive, handles great puts a Smile on my face every day. When I first got her she needed a tidy up both inside and out. The seats were cloth but I picked up a set of full leather seats with a bit of wear on the bolsters for 50quid. Plus panel storage bags and interior roof panels. Paint work needs a hood old t-cut and few hours of attention ;-). Had a few extras thrown in with the sale too including standard wheels, turbo air scoop, spare ecu, rear blanking plate (for between lights) and spare bonnet. Here's few pics of her;
ImageImage
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Re: Hi, new member new car :-)

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

Looks a good buy mate! :thumleft: I remember the smile stuck on my face when I bought my first MR2 :lol:
Dan89

Post by Dan89 »

DanImage

Plan to upgrade suspension, bigger wheels pref staggered and just computers tidy up. Hope you like it. Cheers
Dan
Dan89

Post by Dan89 »

Cheers mate, yeah I'm well happy with it. Don't think I'll loose the smile for a long time yet :-)
Danthrax

Post by Danthrax »

Looks sweet :thumleft:

over a year since getting mine and I still ain't lost the smile yet
Rhiannan

Post by Rhiannan »

Looks great :D

Welcome to the forum 8)
jasongtr

Post by jasongtr »

i do like them in white, you do need wider wheels or spacers, they look lost in the arches :thumleft:
Dan89

Post by Dan89 »

Yeah I know it is on my list of things though. She is going to body shop next year for complete respray and few other little things first then the wheels will come after. I'm still debating on colour though, stick with White or go with something different lol. Cheers for comments though :-)
riot68

Post by riot68 »

Looks good, maybe I need some skirts too, as for colour, I've always liked white, although yellow is growing on me, plus white seems to be the colour of the moment...
jasongtr

Post by jasongtr »

riot68 wrote:white seems to be the colour of the moment...

:mrgreen:
riot68

Post by riot68 »

Yes makes a refreshing change from the sea of silver, no offence to any mr2 silver owners...
kinnersley2005

mr2

Post by kinnersley2005 »

this is me mates old car looks good
Dan89

Post by Dan89 »

Yeah it has a japnortheast decal on windscreen so that would explain. Looking a bit patch work at min though I'm afraid, he prob won't like how it looks :oops:
However it's all with good cause it's in bodyshop this year for complete works and fresh respray in cosmos blue :thumleft:
Moo

Post by Moo »

Which bodyshop you taking it do? Wouldn't be Steve at Body Plastics by any chance? He fitted my bodykit and resprayed mine not so long ago and did a fantastic job for a good price. Check my garage for some pictures.

I used to live in Bury but just down the road in Newmarket now. Might catch up with you one Saturday night in the lorry park when the weather gets better :thumleft:
Dan89

Post by Dan89 »

Nah not taking it there bud, there is a body shop near the back of farm foods and max motor (trading estate on edge of town). Body plastics is on rougham industrial isn't it?
Yeah sounds good, haven't been up there in a while to be fair due to weather. When was last time you were up there, may have seen me in my pug;
Moo

Post by Moo »

Ah yeah, I know the one. Haven't seen any examples of their work though.

Yes, Body plastics is on the Rougham industrial. Might be worth getting a quote from them though unless you're commited to the other place. They do some seriously good work and if you tell Steve that Paul sent you he'll look after you price wise. Pretty sure he's in the middle of respraying another MR2 from Bury but I don't think that person is a member on here. He also did a load of work last year for another member on here, Bone, who was pleased with the results.

No I don't get any kick back from him, he's just a good mate :lol:

Last time I was at the lorry park was for that big cruise/meet they had there toward the end of last year and I got busted by the law for an illegal size front number plate :lol: Don't recall seeing your pug around but I'll keep an eye out for it.
Dan89

Post by Dan89 »

Yeah they are pretty good, I know one of the lads who works there, owns a yellow BMW compact that he sprayed last year looks stunning, and had few bits done there myself so I know what their like :-)
I did go to body plastics a long time ago to get some stuff done on my old car but they never got back to me, but may have lost my number etc. Might give them a ring anyway see what they say.
Oh yeah I remember the cruise but didn't go myself as I was away but heard there was a big police presence :-( such a shame, they seem to be out to catch anyone and everyone if modified cars lately, doing noisy exhausts now :evil: I'm usually out and about in the pug mind, as mr2 is off road, and work at redlodge if your ever about, beep or flash :)
Moo

Post by Moo »

Yeah give them a call, you might save yourself a few quid :thumleft:

Massive police presence. They were stopping loads of people as they went into the car park and had some DVLA peope there who were going over the cars with a fine tooth comb. Obviously saw it as an opportunity to top up the coffers no doubt :roll:

I work in kentford, just round the corner from Red Lodge. Will flash you if I spot you :)
Dan89

Post by Dan89 »

Yeah typical around here that, some of them are alright but they are a few that want to prove a point or power mad (that's all I'm saying though :lol: )
Kentford? No way I pass through there, where abouts do you work? Not mr fothgills seeds by any chance?
Moo

Post by Moo »

Lol, no not the seed people, I work in IT. I work for a consultancy company on the business park, just before the Animal Health Trust on the way out of Kentford, Newmarket side.
Last edited by Moo on Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Member Profiles”