[Mk2] [Turbo] Rev 3 turbo conversion on a Rev 4 UK car

Anything and everything to do with mechanical issues with your Mk2

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

mr2jay

[Mk2] [Turbo] Rev 3 turbo conversion on a Rev 4 UK car

Post by mr2jay »

Hey Guys - We are NEARLY there :th:

Got a couple of issues though - thought you may be able to help

First off I hear that there are 2 wires that need swapping over in the fuse box - anyone know what ones they are?

Right, on to the pic bits

Firstly, we have this hose coming from what looks like a flying saucer (Sorry, not sure what it is :blush: ) almost underneath the turbo. Trouble is, I can't see where it goes?

Next we have the fuel relay - I can see nothing off the loom to support this. Is it a redundant item with a part With the Rev4 n/a having a relay elsewhere? There is also the blue connector you can see - I can find no home for it.

Next we have what looks like a spade connector by the starter motor - again, I can't find a home for it

Lastly hoses. We had a t piece in this line before we replaced the lines with silicone. Again, I can find no home. I am assuming that the large plastic gubbins goes into the air intake - could be wrong there though - Any thoughts?

Cheers guys - we are so close now it is daft
SFLee

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Rev 3 turbo conversion on a Rev 4 UK car

Post by SFLee »

the last picture is the catch can (toyota style) that go to intake (need to check my car)
JJ

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Rev 3 turbo conversion on a Rev 4 UK car

Post by JJ »

Firstly, we have this hose coming from what looks like a flying saucer (Sorry, not sure what it is :blush: ) almost underneath the turbo. Trouble is, I can't see where it goes?

Black hose unconnected from the actuator in the picture wants to connect upto the compressor of the turbocharger... this is just above where you can see the blades in the inducer, there should be a nozzle coming from it !

There is also the blue connector you can see - I can find no home for it.

No home needed.

Next we have what looks like a spade connector by the starter motor - again, I can't find a home for it

Thats the starter signal wire, that throws the solenoid in the starter motor.. The clip fits in almost over on itself.. See the large power lead thats bolted to the starter motor, its about in inch in front of that, again, slides back over into itself..

Lastly hoses. We had a t piece in this line before we replaced the lines with silicone. Again, I can find no home. I am assuming that the large plastic gubbins goes into the air intake - could be wrong there though - Any thoughts?

PCV - Positive Crank Vent - Catch can.. the hose goes from that to the intake :thumleft:

You also have a red hose just above the distributer which seems to be going over towards the throttle body... thats the dump valve line, so that needs to be connected upto the dump valve... ??! Where is it ?

The large metal nozzle just above the distributer, thats the idle air channel, that also needs connecting upto pre turbo intake hose like the catch can ( above )...
|| S256SX Airwerks Powered MR2 Turbo || V10 BMW M5 ||

Return to “Mechanical”