Luke @ Pacific Works, not 'really' a pro :-(... but :-)

We all need a little help or parts for our cars from time to time. Let us know who has helped. Please read the sticky before posting.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

CardHore

Luke @ Pacific Works, not 'really' a pro :-(... but :-)

Post by CardHore »

.... \:D/ BUT A FRIGGIN' LEGEND!!! :thumleft:

My misses (Anita) and I cant express our thanks enough for the multiple times now that Luke has now kindly made time to go that extra mile to make Anita's new turbo MR2 run nicely. It started with an early Saturday monring call to Luke a while back when I was in need of a rad fitting as the previous night as I was getting my project MR2 on the road for testing it sprung a leak.

In desperation when I rang he didnt hesitate to pick up the phone and say 'Yeah, bring it in and ill get it sorted today'... So off I went in haste to make my epic 50 mile journey to see him in trust that he will tend to my car's needs... I also thank ODDSHOES (Dave) at this point as I woke him the same morning asking him for a rad and sure enough he removed one from an MR2 there and then and even offered to meet me at Pacific Works to get it to me... What a star!... Anyways so as soon as I got there the car was near immediatly brought in and work commenced. I had a cracking right laugh with Anita sharing jokes and comments throughout my stay!

Without digressing further, Anita's car was brought in shortly after she bought it to diagnose an engine noise or 2 to find it needed a new timing belt assembly and re-shimming amongst other things. A week later after first properly looking at the car I go to collect it on a Saturday as it was fixed (yesterday) and I could only arrive when Luke was due to leave the workshop... Not only did he wait around for me but I brought an exhaust system round to him which I asked kindly for him to fit for me last minute and sure enough he did without a whinge as the current exhaust was blowing badly.... Pure McChicken LEGEND!

The work carried out was as follows:

Complete timing belt, bearing and aux pulley assembly.
New water pump
Fresh oil, filter and coolant flush and replace
Cam cover stripped, camshafts removed and exhaust valves re-shimmed as per Toyota spec with all measurements provided and drawn out.
Standard dump valve converted to atmosheric mode
Standard cat removed, insides gutted and empty 'cat' re-fitted
Full exhaust system remove and re-fit with another

The extra mile work comes into place when he spotted that someone had previously fitted a Rev1 thermstat which was badly bodged into its housing, without second thought he kindly fitted a correct replacement unit (although not new it was a minter and a damn sight better than the wrong one fitted)

Thats just ones of the things he did that no-one else would ever have had to do as i'd never have known. On top of that the exhaust which was a real last minute fit as I came to collect the car. Now Anitas car is better than ever and goes like a bat out of hell, just waiting for her to get back from her weekend at Alton Towers so she can cr@p herself and admire that her car now sounds and runs perfect.

10/10 to Luke and his kru at Pacific Works, im deffo gonna be a forever returning customer. My friend was so impressed with his service and outstandingly impressive pricing that he is now getting a shed load of work done to his newly purchased Supra very very soon!

It's obvious I dont even need to ADVISE anyone to see Luke.
A top bloke and funny as hell!

8) ..... <--- Nuff said.

Image :lol:
Last edited by CardHore on Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
michael

Re: Luke @ Pacific Works, not 'really' a pro :-(... but :-)

Post by michael »

Nice work, a quick glance at the subject without clicking the link and I know who to avoid... that was your intention wasn't it?
CardHore

Post by CardHore »

Pretty much fella, I find myself more amused at clicking on subjects that show dissapointment etc, we all like a bit of gossip :oldtongue: .... but then BAM the next step up from pro is LEGEND I reckon! Didn't see that one coming!
sjm1984

Post by sjm1984 »

did i pass you at the entry gates at PW when we both wanted the gate open?

I was in the black tubby
CardHore

Post by CardHore »

Yeah thats right fella.

Return to “Trader Feedback”