CT26 Hybrib TT Stage 3

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

nikaiyo

CT26 Hybrib TT Stage 3

Post by nikaiyo »

I have a Turbo Technics stage1 Turbo... it has blown oil seals.

Would I be better off selling as is or getting it re built and sell on that way?

What would one be worth in fresh re built never been used consition?

ta

Nik
Mike N

TT

Post by Mike N »

A TT rebuilt core is around about £300 incl vat if your old housing is serviceable.

Hope that helps.
Spitelli

Re: CT26 Hybrib TT Stage 3

Post by Spitelli »

... that is so long as it hasn't sustained any other damage and in my experience refurbished turbo warranties or worthless as if you don't opt for a full rebuild they can't be held accountable for something going wrong further down the line...

I could dig out an invoice and post it up here for a stage 2 CT26 refurb, from a reputable company, to the sum of £760 that didn't last 6 months going easy.

I'd sell as is mate, taking the damage into the equation of course, and then any refurb can be warranted under the new owner, not just the turbo.
nikaiyo

Re: CT26 Hybrib TT Stage 3

Post by nikaiyo »

Spitelli wrote:... that is so long as it hasn't sustained any other damage and in my experience refurbished turbo warranties or worthless as if you don't opt for a full rebuild they can't be held accountable for something going wrong further down the line...

Never really considered that :o

Spitelli wrote:
I'd sell as is mate, taking the damage into the equation of course, and then any refurb can be warranted under the new owner, not just the turbo.

Right call mate, gonna flog it as is, dont want the agro of selling it newley refurbed for issues to arrise down the line :eye:
Mike N

turbo

Post by Mike N »

Nik,

Your post tittle says stage 3 but then stage 1? can you confirm which please?

Thanks

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”