do i have rare optional extra recaros?

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

vishpish

do i have rare optional extra recaros?

Post by vishpish »

hey!

I bought a set of Recaros off here last year and were told they were a rare optional extra on the rev 4's or japanese cars. Did some reading and can't find any record/evidence this is true. Mine are this style(these arent mine):

i saw this set on ebay which calls them GT SR3s? is this right?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JDM-91-9 ... ccessories

Mine are more like the second pic but with a less ghey pattern. Will probably be selling them which is a bit gutting as they're the comfiest seats i've ever had!

So anyone know if these are OEM seats? Just curious and I guess it would affect how much theyr worth!

Vish
JayUK91

Re: do i have rare optional extra recaros?

Post by JayUK91 »

I can't say i've seen those particular Recaros in an MR2 before, but i know that these Recaro "Fishnet" seats came in a few MR2's.

I'm not talking from experience however, just stuff i've heard.
vishpish

Post by vishpish »

yeah i've seen the fishnets - and i thought they were the only recaros mr2s came with before i bought these ones i have!

im so sure that the recaros i have are very similar to integra DC2 seats and EVO seats too....
uglee

Post by uglee »

Don't know if they were factory fit or not, but there seems too many around for them to not have been optional extras.

Suit the Mr2 perfectly and are one of the best upgrades you can buy. I paid £400 for mine with frames and it's probably one of the best mods I could have done as driving is much comfier than before and no chronic backache after a few hours of driving.
Dale_V

Post by Dale_V »

vish.. selling? pics, condition, price

Im interested! Please PM me as I might miss your reply on this topic #-o
ej2_sir

Post by ej2_sir »

Yes they were an optional extra. They are called Recaro SR (1/2/3) or Speed in Europe. Rev 4 onwards I believe. Celica GT4 st205 had them as an option too. Alot of cars at the time had these models eg Civic/integra type R and Evo 4/5. All came in different colours eg Mr2 usually black with rev 3 blue/purple pattern style insert, Civic/integra were predominantly red/black although there are some rare yellow/blue, and Evos were black with a kind of red/black insert. Due to the number of seats produced and also the fact that you can buy them in all manner of colours its going to be difficult to actually say conclusively they came with your car from factory. They are lovely seats by the way :thumleft:
HTH
Race Idiot

Post by Race Idiot »

damnit i want a set of these

hell if I cant get a pair i'm just going to buy a single speed to fit to my bride rail at some point
vishpish

Post by vishpish »

Hey thanks for the info folks!

they definitly are the most comfy seat I've ever owned!

[/b]
Rob B

Post by Rob B »

Think mine are the optional extra pattern for the Mr2(I know they are in the GT4)

I'm pretty sure the door cards are also

I had the red ones in my dc2...Great seats but the drivers bolster wears down and looks scruffy
ej2_sir

Post by ej2_sir »

Yeah that was the pattern I meant in my really poor description!! #-o
ryanaj79

Post by ryanaj79 »

Hi, I know this is an old thread, but just stumbled upon it, as Ive not long got a rev4 turbo, with Recaro seats, and TRD steering wheel.

here is a pic from its dealership handbook, with the Recaro on the left

they definitely optional extras according to this.
Last edited by ryanaj79 on Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
rev3gtturbo

Post by rev3gtturbo »

ryanaj79 wrote:Hi, I know this is an old thread, but just stumbled upon it, as Ive not long got a rev4 turbo, with Recaro seats, and TRD steering wheel.

here is a pic from its dealership handbook, with the Recaro on the right

Image Replaced With URL For Quote http://www.ebayphotogallery.com/zdjecia ... ddle/4.jpg

they definitely optional extras according to this.

The middle seat looks like the half leather/half alcantera fully adjustable seat that I had in my old rev 3 GT turbo.

My current rev 3 GT turbo has the fishnet recaros.

I have sat in an MR2 that had the recaros in the Rob B pic and they are more comfortable than the fishnet recaros. - The fishnet recaros have no side support above the hips so the persons back slides across the seat back until the person develops side muscles to compensate.

I prefer the lower back arch of the fishnet recaros compared to the half leather/half alcantera seats that I used to sink into which makes the back arch slouch the other way.

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”