[Mk2] [Generic] yellow billies and tein springs.. how do they ride?

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

dansREV2turbo

[Mk2] [Generic] yellow billies and tein springs.. how do they ride?

Post by dansREV2turbo »

basically im wanting to swap my buddyclub coilovers out for something still low, but a bit softer so im thinking yellow billies and tein springs.

can anyone give me an idea on what the ride is like?

my buddyclubs have 6k springs front and 10k springs rear according to their website :shock:

just going down the road i try to avoid anything more than about 2", like road repairs etc.

i live in the country and sometimes im bouncing up and down in my seat, would probably be more liveable with if i lived in the town but i wont be for the for seeable future hence wanting change.

any views appreciated :thumleft:

thanks.
ashley

Re: [Mk2] [Generic] yellow billies and tein springs.. how do they ride?

Post by ashley »

I've got that setup on my stripped out NA- it's a good compromise, far less harsh than the buddy club coilovers, but handles really nicely. If anything it feels slightly under damped- but I really really like it- you can blast B-roads without fear of being thrown into the hedge by mid corner bumps, and handles nicely on the track as well :thumleft:

Have a chat with some of the championship guys- I believe it's a popular combo for their cars as well...
dansREV2turbo

Post by dansREV2turbo »

cool, thanks ashman just what i was hoping for :thumleft:
HighwayStar

Post by HighwayStar »

Cant make any comparisons with coilovers but I too can confirm a very firm but also stable and confidence inspiring ride (with TRD topmounts and 15s) but potholes will still be a problem and you'll likely get through droplinks rapidly. It's perhaps also worth mentioning that both my new front struts failed within the first 2 yrs on my daily driver, about 20,000 miles.... though both have been replaced under warranty.

R.
Mike N

spring into action

Post by Mike N »

Dan

Why dont you just change your spring ratings for softer more suitable ratings.

I have teins with softer springs fitted they are 10 times better than the track stuff they came with.

Mike
dansREV2turbo

Post by dansREV2turbo »

thanks highwaystar, something worth keeping an eye on.

mike, tbh i cant be bothered trying to source springs, i did notice buddyclub do them for nissan fairlady rear in 3k .
maybe they would be ok for the front of mine then i put my 6K mr2 fronts on the rear BUT it is a maybe.
its money i dont want to throw at it for it to possibly be no good, when i can get something that just works for my needs out of the box.

anyway, the billies & teins have been bought now :thumleft:
ashley

Post by ashley »

TRD top mounts on mine as well for what it's worth, and yes I seem to be killing drop links as well lol
Rev5_GTS_Nick

Post by Rev5_GTS_Nick »

hey,

I had that set up but found it was a little too harsh. Held well when cornering but the ride was too hard. I ended up getting Eibach springs which i think are a little softer and bearable.

hope this helps
HighwayStar

Post by HighwayStar »

Just out of interest Nick.... what is the ride hight difference between the Teins and Eibach?
Rev5_GTS_Nick

Post by Rev5_GTS_Nick »

My memory is not that great (too many e's, when i was younger) but i think there wasn't much in it maybe 5-6mm. The Eibachs are a 25mm-30mm drop whereas the Teins are 37-38mm drop.

Ive got some pics somewhere will try a dig them out.
teins

Eibachs

dont look that much different in pics. ha
dansREV2turbo

Post by dansREV2turbo »

just finished fitting them today!
im very pleased with the ride, i actually find it quite soft compared to my coilovers ! :shock:

Return to “Modifications”