[Mk2] [Generic] New spoiler...? Opinions please.

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

HighwayStar

[Mk2] [Generic] New spoiler...? Opinions please.

Post by HighwayStar »

Less is more they say.. though for my car this would actually be err, more. I'm considering a Toms small rear spoiler and got my hands on it today, thx Dave. Just 'shopped the results and put pics in my garage... last 5. Does it suit or do I leave it naked? Also what do you think of the look of the standard wheels I've got on.. work with my silver paint details (the rears still have a 15mm spacer on till I can get shorter studs)?
Opinions welcome but please, be gentle.

R.
reddev1ll09

Re: [Mk2] [Generic] New spoiler...? Opinions please.

Post by reddev1ll09 »

The spoiler looks really nice buddy, but put your other wheels back on.
I tried tae do a swap for your spoiler with a trd spoiler :cry: (i like it a lot =P~ )

Richie
Bone

Post by Bone »

I prefer it with no spoiler mate. :)
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

Better with it than without. I really do not get the whole obsession people have with a plain fe bootlid.
HighwayStar

Post by HighwayStar »

No obsession hence now considering a different option. Just was never quite convinced about any of the original factory spoilers (were they just a marketers way of differentiating engine pricing options?) and frankly when I took off my rev1 it was as simple as wanting a change, something more individual to personalise the car to me and much the same is true now. I also think I prefer the more euro look (how many production ferraris had spoilers in the late 80's.. tho how many should have?). I'd love to know wind tunnel results for all the available spoilers for the 2. This one though I feel is blending into very discreet territory... hmm... could it be cut and blended to boot/qtr panel I wonder?

R.
adam3442

Post by adam3442 »

I say yes Rob and then I would be looking for a nice set of BBS RS wheels to replace the old ones.

I'm not liking her on stockers its a shame the old wheels have seen their day :cry:
HighwayStar

Post by HighwayStar »

Cheers Ad. Still not quite sure on the spoiler but I do have the old bootlid doing nothing in the garage...Oddly I quite like the stock wheels but they're inset too much looks wise. Nice set of staggered 16s for sale at the mo, posted yesterday Hiro... somethings, have a look. Would they suit do you think with white centres?

R.

PS. Managed to watch/transfer that SRV video?
adam3442

Post by adam3442 »

Speak to Dave about a cheap set of staggered 16's Rob... :thumleft:
HighwayStar

Post by HighwayStar »

They're his standard wheels I have on now! What 16s has he got? Mentioned nothing last w/e... is he trying to sell the white ones he's just bought?
What do you think of the other ones I mentioned?
adam3442

Post by adam3442 »

Where's the other ones Rob?

And yes I think the white ones may be up for grabs :D
OwenK

Post by OwenK »

I'm not sure on this one! From the back it looks great - but I think from the side, it's too subtle and lays down too flat.

Tell you what might be interesting though - combining the new spoiler with your old style mounting of the number plate between the rear lights.

How are you mate? I keep ending up near your place, saw you coming out from WGC past the Crooked Chimney the other day, gave you a flash but was in the Vectra :whistle: Just picked up a ropey rev1 to play with last week, first order of business - whipped off the spoiler :thumleft:
HighwayStar

Post by HighwayStar »

Hey Owen fella how you doing, all good I hope, drop round with the rev1 one day for a gander. Ad, the other wheels are the Hoshinos in the for sale section here. I didn't know Dave was selling the white ones.... he's had them on less than 10 mins hasn't he? Anyway not right for my car I think. Still not sure on the spoiler... any more opinions? Toying with the idea of putting it on my old rev1 bootlid so I can switch between it and the spoilerless option easily.
OwenK

Post by OwenK »

Also to add to your pondering - yes it can be cut and smoothed in, not sure on the looks though.

edit: Regrettably can't drop round with the rev1 - it's a long term project so keeping it off the road. Besides it's got a blown head gasket and terrifying brakes anyway (terrifying and that was just repositioning it in the car park!)
HighwayStar

Post by HighwayStar »

Hmm, interesting look but perhaps not for me. Not sure the extra expense of blending looks better. Can anyone stick those 5 piccies of my car in this thread for me please for others to pass a view on. Thx.
doeboy

Post by doeboy »

rob i love it mate, get the toms c7rs that are for sale on here on there and it will look real aggresive!!
HighwayStar

Post by HighwayStar »

Cheers Steve though I'm still thinking about it. I reckon I'll put it on the old bootlid so as to have the two options. Not sure about c7s either... what do you think about the Hoshino racing split rims in the for sale section, with white or orange centers?

PS. Just added a white version of the Hoshinos to my garage, last image... what do you guys think?
adam3442

Post by adam3442 »

Rob buy them, buy them now!!!

They're pretty similar to BBS RS's but much better value, they will completely transform your car and I loved it before but with those wheels and that lil spoiler it will look the b0ll0cks!!!!!

If you don't believe me, Stevie Ray Vaughan spoke to me in a dream and he said you should do it to :mrgreen:

Also - you up for this?

http://www.mr2oc.co.uk/forums/topic.htm ... 8#p1409398
mr2nut123

Post by mr2nut123 »

Do-Luck all the way! 8)
oddshoes

Post by oddshoes »

Rob dude I must say hell yeah dude works well imo too and with a aftermarket rims will be sweeet mate :D

Return to “Modifications”