[FINALIZED] TOYOTA MR2 - AW11, Mark 1A - 1985 - In Good Condition

MR2s for sale - all versions & variants

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

jonlinford

TOYOTA MR2 - AW11, Mark 1A - 1985 - In Good Condition

Post by jonlinford »

Hi,

After owning this one for around 22 of her 25 years I'm reluctantly selling her.

Looking at other threads over the last few week's this is probably a fairly rare example of an MR2 Mk1A to still be getting through the MOT. I've managed to work out with help of others that she was born in March 1985 and I know she was registered on 17th June 1985 on a B plate.

I say probably as you guys are the experts and you can put me right if I'm wrong :wink:

Anyway I've not got an idea of what she's worth so she's on eBay to see what sort of interest she generates.

Check her out and let me know. Item number (290443379900) I'd put a link but having been chastised on other sites for doing that I don't want my wrist slapping again. Obviously there are some pictures there too :thumleft:
Superfly

Re: [FINALIZED] TOYOTA MR2 - AW11, Mark 1A - 1985 - In Good Condition

Post by Superfly »

Oooh, go on, be a devil and post a link!
Superfly

Post by Superfly »

jonlinford

Post by jonlinford »

Nice one, thx
jonlinford

Post by jonlinford »

Well that was a bit of a let down :(

But I suppose it gave an indication of what people really think a 25 year old MR2 is worth :wink:

So many people offering higher prices for me to deal now and end the auction early (despite me adding a footnote saying don't bother) :wink: but then none of them actually put a bid in.

Hmmmm, :-k lower the reserve and chuck it back in maybe. Any (nice) suggestions anyone ?

I'll then have to post a new link, unless Superfly gets there first. :wink: HOLD ON! it's not re-listed yet. I'm just receiving more offers :D
tommundy
Premium Member

Post by tommundy »

I must admit I was surprised it didn't go higher than that. eBay is a fickle place indeed! It's worth £1200 of anyone's money easily with it being a tidy 1a with provable history. To be honest I don't think you did much wrong in the description either... weird indeed!

Keep us updated on what you plan on doing.

Cheers,
Tom
cartledge_uk

Post by cartledge_uk »

Put it as a classified add and wait.

Dont take anything less than £1k for it.

The problme is the colour, if it was red you would have £1.5k in your pocket already. The gold colour is rare, but only because noone bought it, its one of the least desireable colours (I personally like it)
jonlinford

Post by jonlinford »

but you don't like it enough to want to buy it :wink:

thx both of you for the advice and support, I'll try and make my mind up now whether to go for a re-auction or stick it in the classifieds.

I could always try describing the colour as Champagne and offer to throw in a free bottle to match the colour of the car for the lucky bidder 8-[
cartledge_uk

Post by cartledge_uk »

jonlinford wrote:but you don't like it enough to want to buy it :wink:

thx both of you for the advice and support, I'll try and make my mind up now whether to go for a re-auction or stick it in the classifieds.

I could always try describing the colour as Champagne and offer to throw in a free bottle to match the colour of the car for the lucky bidder 8-[

Use the free classified adds, pistonheads, car and classic etc, and list an ebay classified for a little more than you want, so you can haggle down the price and make it look like your doing them a favour. it may take a little bit longer but i'm confident you can get a better (and more realistic) price than £600

And trust me, if it wasnt for the fact that i've agreed to buy another mk1, I would have taken yours. :thumleft:
jonlinford

Post by jonlinford »

Ok it's done. Started posting on classifieds for £1200.

Let see what happens now. 8-[

Just posted it on another MR2 owners forum board and there's a C Plate for £2500 :shock:

Same B****y colour too. Although they are referring to it as Gold and not the log book colour of Beige. Trade description act........ :wink: Does look mint though. Shame it's not got the original wheels bar the spare?
jonlinford

Post by jonlinford »

Here's the new eBay link, beating Superfly to it this time: :wink:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 267wt_1137
jonlinford

Post by jonlinford »

All done and dusted. :D

After the new owner spent around 3 hours looking at it and finding a panel in the bonnet he could put his finger through :shock: it eventually sold

Glad it's gone to someone enthusiastic about MR2s
Feedback Bot

Post by Feedback Bot »

This Sale has been completed. The Buyer was Non-Member

Return to “MR2s for Sale”