Natal fails to impress

Is the PS3 better than a C64, all in here

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

mikee66

Natal fails to impress

Post by mikee66 »

read this earlier

Fans and media alike were present earlier tonight as Microsoft decided to go ahead and present their upcoming motion sensor, essentially EyeToy clone, Kinect. Well, it appears that things got very strange very fast and may have just cemented the PlayStation Move’s victory.

According to reports, the Kinect presentation began with all attendees having to put on white robes followed by an odd Circe de Soleil-type presentation and then finally gameplay. Many of the titles bore an awfully close resemblance to the titles included with Nintendo’s Wii Sports title, accompanied by supposed lag issues and an overall lackluster experience. One new Star Wars title did make it’s debut, although many have stated that the preview was almost definitely pre-rendered.

What does this mean for Sony? It means that Sony has a breakaway with an empty net wide open, all they have to do is tap it home, and by “it” we mean the PlayStation Move. If Sony can manage a solid presentation while making the key component of their presentation quality games, they will most definitely have earned big points in the motion controller (or lack thereof) battle.

I did think natal was never gonna be as good as Microsoft promised but i still thought it would be revolutionary, I watched a clip a while back of Peter molyneux showing off a tech demo that later was found to be faked even though he said at the time it was real which was pretty bad :(

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-09 ... milo/50015
DannyN

Re: Natal fails to impress

Post by DannyN »

Its all pants, who want to move around playing games.
The main point of a video game is that us couch potatoes dont have to move :lol:
SamUK

Post by SamUK »

That article is based on a pre event style preview where MS showed off there own games.

You really think they would show off everything before their main press conference?

Every major developer is said to be developing for Natal so im not making my mind up untill E3 is over.

Dont really get how this means Sony win either. Sony have shown everything they have to offer and its no better than what we know of Natal so far.

If anything, so far, they both fail!
Rev 3 GTS
mikee66

Post by mikee66 »

SamUK wrote:That article is based on a pre event style preview where MS showed off there own games.

You really think they would show off everything before their main press conference?

Every major developer is said to be developing for Natal so im not making my mind up untill E3 is over.

Dont really get how this means Sony win either. Sony have shown everything they have to offer and its no better than what we know of Natal so far.

If anything, so far, they both fail!

no one said sony wins???

The article says sony need a solid showing to win.

I guess we'll find out tonight eh?
mikee66

Post by mikee66 »

double post
:oops:
mikee66

Post by mikee66 »

I gotta be honest Sam if i watch the unveiling tonight and it's crap i will laugh at you ;)

If it's quality i will buy it!
DannyN

Post by DannyN »

How will you watch the unveiling ?
SamUK

Post by SamUK »

From your article mikee,

may have just cemented the PlayStation Move’s victory.

Ill laugh too to be honest. I really think (hope) theyve got this one though.

I want the rumoured slim i saw a preview of this morning to be confirmed too!

They claim to have something bigger than Natal to announce though so keen for that too.

Live coverage begins in 5 mins :thumleft:
Rev 3 GTS
DannyN

Post by DannyN »

SamUK wrote:Live coverage begins in 5 mins :thumleft:

where ?
SamUK

Post by SamUK »

Xbox.com is where im watching.

Most games sites have coverage in one for or another.

Biggest event of the year and all.
Rev 3 GTS
DannyN

Post by DannyN »

ah ok, its being broadcast on spike tv but thats only on the net too.
I've got to go out so was going to record it.

I'll just wait til I get home and read yours and Mike's review :thumleft:
SamUK

Post by SamUK »

New Call of Duty looks lush!

Flying helicopters.

Timed exclusive for all COD content for the next 3 years.
Rev 3 GTS
mikee66

Post by mikee66 »

kinectimals?

WTF :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
SamUK

Post by SamUK »

Lol had to stop watching, girlfriend wasnt happy.

Read about that this morning tho. ALong with a track and field game and the canoe one weve seen.

Its the first party dev games im interested in.

If the price is right ill buy one just to use with the dashboard and watching movies to be honest.

15 title at launch isnt too shabby (just snuck a few seconds out of it lol) and one of them was a sonic game. Could be interesting.

The Star Wars one sounds cool too.
Rev 3 GTS
mikee66

Post by mikee66 »

Sam the whole thing looked crap. There was loads of delay and tbh it was just a wii with better graphics!

The new 360slim looked good though 250gb hdd and wifi built in is much needed
SamUK

Post by SamUK »

:(

I read you can use it along with voice control to move around the dash? As i say if the price is right ill buy it just for that.

Did they say a price for the slim? I know its out this week but i dont know if i should wait till the price on normal models bottoms out or to take the plunge with the new model.

Still interested in Natal to be honest. Wii gets boring as it senses you have moved but not how you moved. If natal improves on that then it will be alot more fun.

Ill admit it tho, doesnt look massively promising.
Rev 3 GTS
mikee66

Post by mikee66 »

SamUK wrote::(

I read you can use it along with voice control to move around the dash? As i say if the price is right ill buy it just for that.

Did they say a price for the slim? I know its out this week but i dont know if i should wait till the price on normal models bottoms out or to take the plunge with the new model.

Still interested in Natal to be honest. Wii gets boring as it senses you have moved but not how you moved. If natal improves on that then it will be alot more fun.

It looks nothing like they showed last year or anything like you've said it's gonna be for the whole of the last year ;)

The pricings are the same as the current elites and they ship july 16th iirc

http://www.play.com/Games/Xbox360/4-/15 ... hotukdeals
SamUK

Post by SamUK »

mikee66 wrote:

It looks nothing like they showed last year or anything like you've said it's gonna be for the whole of the last year ;)

What have i said its going to be like? The potential is there for bigger devs to use and we havent seen there press conference yet.

E3 is all week! :thumleft:
Rev 3 GTS
mikee66

Post by mikee66 »

SamUK wrote:
mikee66 wrote:

What have i said its going to be like? The potential is there for bigger devs to use and we havent seen there press conference yet.

E3 is all week! :thumleft:

SamUK wrote: Well it looks like Natal will destroy the "Move" if MS get the software right.

they didn't

SamUK wrote:Natal is gonna be the next big thing though and alot of people seem to think that MS will tout that as a new console rather than just an accesory (sp?).

it's not

SamUK wrote:

Natal is the thing im looking forward to most though! A guy on some gaming forums i go on got a hands on with it and he says its amazing.

he lied

SamUK wrote:
Natal is the main focus at the moment and that alone could mean that DVD9 is fine for capacity if that brings enough new content and experiences as its meant to.

It won't

SamUK wrote:Matt, wait untill Natal comes out.

Then the dashboard will be awesome. Minority Report style functionality will be kewl.

it's not

Also the thing is with keynote addresses is to SHOWCASE the best you have and if thats they best they have then it's gonna be a quiet year for xbox owners
DannyN

Post by DannyN »

Hey you too, in the words of the scousers - calm down, calm down

Return to “Games Consoles”