Yellow Rev3 Spa Francorchamps

Seen another MR2 when you were out and about? Find out if it was another IMOCer here.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

mr2-wouter

Yellow Rev3 Spa Francorchamps

Post by mr2-wouter »

The only MR2, besides my own, during the MLR Trackday at Spa Francorchamps May 31st 2010.

You on the IMOC ?

Regards,

The guy in the blue Border Rev3
Ayrton

Re: Yellow Rev3 Spa Francorchamps

Post by Ayrton »

mr2-wouter wrote:The only MR2, besides my own, during the MLR Trackday at Spa Francorchamps May 31st 2010.

You on the IMOC ?

Regards,

The guy in the blue Border Rev3

Yes that was me.
Nice looking 2 you have.
Great day, wet then dry.
Sorry didn't get a chance to chat had to get the chunnel at 7:30 :shock:

Mark
brechen

Post by brechen »

were you by any chance at the nordschleife the day before that? i saw a yellow rev3 gts blasting past me in the first downhill after the barriers :mrgreen: i was in the white rev5
Ayrton

Post by Ayrton »

brechen wrote:were you by any chance at the nordschleife the day before that? i saw a yellow rev3 gts blasting past me in the first downhill after the barriers :mrgreen: i was in the white rev5
#

guilty again lol

I remember passing you - was a very good day as well :twisted: - cleared up for a couple of proper dry laps.

Cheers
Mark
brechen

Post by brechen »

epic backfire from your exhausts! how much BHP are you running? mine's just a standard beams, it was like i wasn't moving :mrgreen:
Ayrton

Post by Ayrton »

brechen wrote:epic backfire from your exhausts! how much BHP are you running? mine's just a standard beams, it was like i wasn't moving :mrgreen:

Only about 370 !
Running a tad rich though at the moment - flaming and backfiring on full chat like nobodies business :shock: - another mapping session is in order.
First time I've really been able to let rip on full boost due to clutch issues and it was certainly quite quick
Only the really quick GT3s were coming past (& the taxi :mrgreen: ).

Managed to get a ride in Sabine's taxi 1st thing in the wet - JEEZ - scary for the first few corners. She didnt lift until the 1st tight one at the top of the hill doing about 140 in the wet !! she defies physics on alledgedly :wink: standard tyres.
brechen

Post by brechen »

that's still almost double of what i've got :mrgreen: any idea what your BTG times are? i drove really carefullly in the wet, with those toyo R888 tires it's quite tricky when it's wet!
Ayrton

Post by Ayrton »

I was going round with a mate following in his M3 CS.
In the wet we were taking it easy - 11s to 13s depending how wet.
Did actually have a little spin at one of the slow ones :pale: but there's bu88er all grip in the wet ! Luckily it was V slow just too much power & nobody noticed!!
It dried out for a couple of fairly clear laps later on though and we did 8:50 then 8:40 on the last one.
The loose target was to get sub 9 so was pretty chuffed.
Done about 30 laps now over the last 3 visits and it's the best bit of tarmac in the world.
:thumleft:

What sort of time do you get in the beams.
The last MR2 I had was a more std turbo & I could only just manage a 9 minuter.
brechen

Post by brechen »

i've only had the car for about 5K miles now or something, so i'm just getting to know it. first time i was there i did a 10:05, and now the second time a 9:31
the "problem" with the beams is the short gears, some corners i'm at 6000 rpm in 2nd gear, because in 3rd gear there just isn't any torque to accelerate out of the corner.
i wish my 2nd and 3rd gear were abit longer :mad:.
i'm fairly pleased with 9:31, as it's my first rear wheel drive car, and the ring is a very tricky track... but i do love it!
i'm just getting to know the corners and how to take them, where to brake etc., and 9 minutes would be my target too.
I just need the bravery to take some corners alot faster :mrgreen: like schwedenkreuz, i'm terrified of that corner due to that famous movie of an mr2 spinning out there.
oh and the corner i hate the most is kallenhard, near the end, i always feel the back getting lighter, and I just don't have the guts to go on the throttle early enough.
mr2-wouter

Post by mr2-wouter »

Here you go mate:

:)
Ayrton

Post by Ayrton »

Cool, thanks.
Was wondering why my bumper was melting ! :mrgreen:

Return to “Spotted”