Blow off valve / dump valve how do i fit it?

The last incarnation of our beloved mr2..Discussion and technical advice for the ZZW30 MR2 Roadster (MR-S), & MR2 Spyder. 1ZZ-FE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

kashmoney

Blow off valve / dump valve how do i fit it?

Post by kashmoney »

i got a mr2 mk3 it says mrs on the badge i jus brought a bov/dump valve where about do i fit it? can some1 help with liek pics or something :?:
Ekona

Re: Blow off valve / dump valve how do i fit it?

Post by Ekona »

Lol troll post
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

Waaahaha, yeah, has to be a troll:):) funny though:)
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

About as funny as rectal cancer tbh
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

Didn't realise you suffered from it :shock:
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

I blame the missus, she's a right pain in the ar$e ;)
kashmoney

Post by kashmoney »

1st tym using u nobs
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

Tape it to the end of your exhaust mate, that's the only way it's gonna make any noise on a naturally aspirated engine:) or you could attach it to a hairdryer and turn it on every time you change gear:)
Steve-O 2007

Post by Steve-O 2007 »

You will have to put it here unless you have a turbo conversion -

Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

Ha ha ha, I can only assume you've taken that pic yourself! Genius!! Put it backwards on your air filter! You'll get constant dumpage!!
Steve-O 2007

Post by Steve-O 2007 »

Yup :thumleft:
excalibur1814

Word

Post by excalibur1814 »

:lol:

kashmoney wrote:1st tym using u nobs

Hello Kashmoney.

Try not to call us nobs please. In answer to your question, this is the Mk3 part of the forum and you probably own a Mk2 Turbo 'rev 3'.

Maybe a kind mod can move your post into the correct place and you'll get the appropriate answer.

Thanks kash,
Damian

P.s. http://www.xspeed.com.au/manuals/FG-ADM-MR2.pdf
might help. Obviously each bov's probably different so the above instructions might not be 100% for your part
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

Ooh, I didn't see that he'd posted back! :D It's definitely a mk3 he owns if it says MR-S on the back, not a mk2.

In polite response to such an informed post by Mr Kashmoney, I believe the correct reply is something along of the lines of sod off you rude, incomprehensible twunt. If you're stupid enough to buy a BOV without having any kind of knowledge as to what it does and why it's no good for a mk3 MR2, then I do believe I could well be wasting my time trying to help you out. Now, if you'd have asked politely before buying said BOV, I might have been a tad more inclined to assist, but as it stands I do believe this shall be my last post on the subject.

Thanks for playing though! :D
Yas

Post by Yas »

Guys for someone to ask a question like the OP clearly shows they are not engine boffs, simple answer would have been.. you need a turbo to run a bov!

Said member is actually my cousin, he's a young'un go easy on him 8-[

I told him to sign up on here for friendly advice, so far I don't think he's impressed :eye: A proper introduction would have been a good start agreed and name calling should have been left out but he will get the hang of online forums in time!

He's out in Africa so limited to tech info, he's been mis-informed about bov's + mk3 engines. It's his first car and we have all been there at one point, excuse his comment and lets all have a group hug :mrgreen:

Mo as said on fb you can't fit a bov in a non-turbo. Oh and bro play nice members won't appreciate being called nobs :lol:
Low Spec!
RIP TweenieRob
http://www.eshishaonline.com
Yas

Post by Yas »

ekona wrote: If you're stupid enough to buy a BOV without having any kind of knowledge as to what it does and why it's no good for a mk3 MR2, then I do believe I could well be wasting my time trying to help you out.

Pointless reply, I think you wasted your time typing that out mate [-X
Low Spec!
RIP TweenieRob
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

I tend to agree people have been a bit harsh on the boy, most people start somewhere and ask the odd daft Q. :oldtongue:
excalibur1814

Yay

Post by excalibur1814 »

:thumleft:

Ohh eck, sorry all

:lol:
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

Yas wrote:Said member is actually my cousin, he's a young'un go easy on him 8-[

So when did being young become an excuse to insult people and generally not bother trying to do any research of your own? I can't stand this "spoon feed me NOW" society that is becoming ever-prevalent on car forums: If you can't be bothered to do any research of your own before asking a question, then why the hell should I waste my time trying to help?

How hard is it to Google 'how does a BOV work?' and click the first link (which, incidentally, I've just done to make sure I'm not talking tosh, and it's a pretty decent link), and then to realise just why a BOV isn't any good for a standard 1ZZ? Hell, I wouldn't even run one on a turbo'd 1ZZ again given the choice, having driven cars both with and without one on a similar turbo setup. Perhaps more detail there than the OP was looking for, but 10 mins in Google will give you all the answers you need to know that BOV + mk3 = no-no. If you've got the tech in Africa to be able to access IMOC, you've got the tech to use Google so I'm afraid that excuse won't wash with me.

Yas wrote:Pointless reply, I think you wasted your time typing that out mate

Not at all, it made me feel a billion times better. As it happens, so has writing out this entire reply, although I think I've probably said enough on the matter to get my point across so shall leave you all in peace now. :thumleft:
Yas

Post by Yas »

ekona I agree with you re using the imoc's search facility, you are right in saying results are out there on the internet via search engines and yes there is no excuse for being rude.

The reason I picked up on the 'wasting my time' bit is because you had a choice to ignore the post but you chose to 'waste' your own time replying then have a moan 'I do believe I could well be wasting my time trying to help you out.' :eye:

I get the humour but being new to the forum he obv didn't, you took the p**s out of him and he called you a k**b all square me thinks :lol:

Anyway no harm done :thumleft:
Low Spec!
RIP TweenieRob

Return to “MR2 MK3 2000-2007”