[FINALIZED] Another whats it worth UPDATED AGAIN, back on sale £4,000

MR2s for sale - all versions & variants

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

jim

Another whats it worth UPDATED AGAIN, back on sale £4,000

Post by jim »

A new baby and a change in job means I am thinking about selling my MR2 and buying something I can fit a buggy and a kiddy seat into...

I've been looking at what car to get, but without knowing what my MR2 is worth, its difficult to know what I can afford, so I'm after any ideas you may have.

The car is a REV3 GTS Turbo in astral black with T-Bar top. Manufactured in August 94 and now on a UK "L" registration. Great condition, with just the few stone chips and scratches you'd expect from a 2nd hand car.
Installed options are:
LSD, ABS, Climate Control, Half leather/Alcantara interior, with a UK alarm immobiliser installed.

Mileage is currently 65,800 with service records to prove it. 1 UK owner (me) since I bought it from Newera imports back in 2001 as a category 4 car.

Just a few cosmetic mods:
Sidelights are white lenses(changed at import);
UK style side repeaters installed;
Revision 5 alloys;
Momo gear knob, pedals and steering wheel;
The engine is totally unmodified.

It's had the brakes calipers reconditioned;
Shocks replaced (yellow bilsteins);
T-Bar weatherstrips replaced;
Prothane bushes.

Basically, I've kept the car standard as much as possible, just replaced parts with newer / better as needed. I'm struggling to compare it to other cars for sale because of the mileage and the standard engine. Most turbos I've seen are tin tops with either high miles or major mods.

So, any ideas on value? Is an unmodified car worth more than a modded one as there are few about?

Thanks for looking!

bird etching on the nearside rear pillar. This is probably the worst mark on the car.

mark above fog light and sticker

shiny exhaust. I believe this is a standard part, but its survived surprisingly well.

Wheels are in reasonable condition, but there are a few paint chips etc.
nearside rear wheel

nearside front wheel

offside front wheel

offside rear wheel

Engine:

All standard bits in here

yes, thats a leaf!

View from above:

UPDATE: Exterior photos added!

The car is due a service and MOT this month, and is booked in for both. As you can see the paintwork cleans up beautifully. It's usually the shiniest car in the car park (including the brand new lease cars).

I was going to take some interior pics too, but its a bit dusty inside. I will give it a quick clean later and upload more pics.

After a bit more looking around, I'm thinking I ought to start around £4000. Any comments?
Last edited by jim on Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:37 am, edited 4 times in total.
benni

Re: [FINALIZED] Another whats it worth UPDATED AGAIN, back on sale £4,000

Post by benni »

Hello
Do you have pictures of the engine?
jim

Post by jim »

Hi Benni,

I've not got any recent pictures of the engine bay, but I'll try and take a few pictures later in the week and add them to the post.

Cheers,
Jim
ancient mariner

Post by ancient mariner »

:ttiwwp:
benni

Post by benni »

pics???
jim

Post by jim »

Hi guys,
apologies, I was hoping to be posting a load of photos of the car today, but I've been holding off taking the photos until I can give the car a wash.

The weather (and baby watching duties) has scuppered that for the weekend again, so I'll try and get some interior shots done during the week, and so exterior after the weekend again.

I never realised how much free time I had (and I've now lost) to wash cars etc until my son was born!
jim

Post by jim »

First post is now updated with exterior pics.

I test drove a new Civic diesel yesterday, and I quite liked it, so I'll probably be putting this baby up for sale once the MOT, and service have been done this month :cry:

I'm guessing this forum and possibly Pistonheads are the best place to advertise it. Any other suggestions?
foxy-stoat

Post by foxy-stoat »

Very nice matey and probably well worth 4 large ones to the right person, but if it was a choice between your car and that green rev3 for less with the cool wheels, I would be handing my hard earn' tax'd pounds over to his one, just my opinion.

Although yours is pretty stock and the right colour :thumleft: I would pitch it just under the £4,000 mark and dont take any low silly offers, as MR2's in this state dont come up often.

Stay off ebay tho, if you wanna buy a shed then ebay or B&Q are the right places. Maybe a cheeky ad in autotrader would be a good plan, although you get the odd scam emails.

Good luck with it !!
We ALL make mistakes !!! :)
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

It's nice to see a sort of standard loved example. Good luck with the sale, hold out as much as possible buddy :thumleft:
rossdymond3352

Post by rossdymond3352 »

CLLLLEAAAANNNN!!!
skittles

Post by skittles »

stunning mate, Im looking for a red one in similar condition and wouldnt look at any other colour...... but this did make me wobble and think ???? good luck with the sale , its good to see a standard car in such clean condition, hats off to you ! :clap:
stuartswan

Post by stuartswan »

skittles wrote:stunning mate, Im looking for a red one in similar condition and wouldnt look at any other colour...... but this did make me wobble and think ???? good luck with the sale , its good to see a standard car in such clean condition, hats off to you ! :clap:

not even a white one tempt you if it was in walking distance from you?
jim

Post by jim »

Thanks everyone for your interest on this car. I've decided that it is going up for sale, asking price will be £4000 ono. I haven't found a replacement yet, and I can't be without transport, so I'm not advertising it anywhere else for another week or two.

Other useful details:
Its in for MOT and service this week, and is taxed till end of December. Air conditioning was re-gassed yesterday (thankfully it uses the current R134a!). It is kept garaged at home as you can probably guess. The alarm/immobiliser includes a "microwave sensor" I believe, which allows you to keep it secure with the roof out.

I'd like to point out that this is as much as I've been able, "an original car". It's not been resprayed, so there are some minor scratches and stonechips in the paintwork. These probably don't show in the photos, so I wouldn't want anyone interested to complain if they view the car.

More pictures, this time all interior shots:

passenger door

behind passenger seat. One of the very few interior problems: The rear corner of the center console.

passenger seat

carpet

drivers door

behind drivers seat

drivers seat. Note there is a little wear on the edge, but no rips or tears.

drivers side carpet: There is a some wear by the foot rest :(

pedals have been changed from standard. Sorry!

Steering wheel is aftermarket at the moment

current mileage

Sony stereo installed (CD, MP3, AUX input, remote). Front speakers are infinity 605 reference with crossovers and tweeters installed in the original position, so it sounds pretty good.

momo gear knob. The switch in front is for the rear fog light.

t-bar blinds

with original bags

original mats

Whatever "dandism" means!

If you don't want the aftermarket wheel, the original is in great condition too. I found it to be too big, hence the change.

I just realised I didn't take a picture of the boot. Almost needless to say it is spotless, I'll try and take a shot today.

Personally, I think the interior condtion is even better than the exterior. I use a matt finish cleaner on the dashboard as I find I get blinded driving into the sun otherwise!

Thanks for looking!
jim

Post by jim »

skittles wrote:stunning mate, Im looking for a red one in similar condition and wouldnt look at any other colour...... but this did make me wobble and think ???? good luck with the sale , its good to see a standard car in such clean condition, hats off to you ! :clap:

Good luck finding an original red one that hasn't faded! :wink:
Seriously, I hope you find what you are after, but black is best!
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

There's 2 things I'd like to say. 1 I'm bloody bloody bloody glad you live in Devon. This means I wont be tempted to come and have a look and blow my savings. 2 I dont usually like black at all, but for something in this condition and low mileage, I'd look past that.
jim

Post by jim »

Provisionally SOLD to Rustyracing.
Rustyracing

Post by Rustyracing »

Awesome! :lol:
skittles

Post by skittles »

Good job on the sale Jim. good to see its going to a good home.

Sorry stuartswan, got a white ST just now and its tough enough keeping that shiny !
jim

Post by jim »

Due to unforeseen circumstances, Rustyracing is no longer able to purchase the car at this time. :(

So, now its back up for sale at £4,000 as before. Probably one of the best original spec black turbo T-bars in the the country.

Please feel free to ask any questions etc.
Rustyracing

Post by Rustyracing »

Utterly gutted :cry:

Return to “MR2s for Sale”