cool!!!!!

Discussion and technical advice for 84-89 AW10 & AW11 MR2. 3A-LU, 4A-GE, 4A-GZE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

mulaz

cool!!!!!

Post by mulaz »

found this cool mk1 on the net can anyone tell what mods have been done?
wheels and sizes ?

Ben

Re: cool!!!!!

Post by Ben »

Couldn't tell you the size of the wheels, but they look like 18's to me. Either way they're dished to go with the wide arch kit fitted. It's also had the central turret removed from the spoiler :thumleft:
2001 BMW M5 (Bahnstormer) | 2004 RX8 231 (the Racecat) | 2001 Volvo V70 (Swedish eBay barge)

Previous:
1989 MR2 Mk1b T-bar | 1988 MR2 SC Super Edition
cabbydave1

Post by cabbydave1 »

Hey you can get those arches from up the road from you at woodsport.I've been trying to get some of those lights from ebay.com if I can find someone that will ship to the uk
cabbydave1

Post by cabbydave1 »

benedwards64 wrote:Couldn't tell you the size of the wheels, but they look like 18's to me. Either way they're dished to go with the wide arch kit fitted. It's also had the central turret removed from the spoiler :thumleft:

If you look at the spoiler its been modified paypal mod or some name simular there is a thread on one of the web sites on how to do it im in the middle of doing it myself if you look it mounts differently on onle two bolts and the others are wilded up the centre brace is chopped off you reposition the spoiler one hole back and chop the edge of the spoiler off fill the spoiler with foam and fibre glass /filler it into shape then paint
sketch

Post by sketch »

cabbydave1 wrote:
If you look at the spoiler its been modified paypal mod or some name simular

The 'papaL' mod is to do with the bonnet being cut, not the rear spoiler. My mk1 has the centre strut taken out too.

The mod cabby dave is describing is called the 'plumly' mod where the rear spoiler is cut and mounted further back on the bootlid. :thumleft:

Oh and the lights are standard issue supercharger jobbies. :D
Peter Gidden
IMOC Affiliated Trackday Organiser

Post by Peter Gidden »

cabbydave1 wrote:If you look at the spoiler its been modified paypal mod or some name simular there is a thread on one of the web sites on how to do it im in the middle of doing it myself if you look it mounts differently on onle two bolts and the others are wilded up the centre brace is chopped off you reposition the spoiler one hole back and chop the edge of the spoiler off fill the spoiler with foam and fibre glass /filler it into shape then paint

:?

jimi

Post by jimi »

I'm pretty sure that's Deno Plumley's 1.5 Mk1

More pics here CLICKY
MrNice

cabbydave

Post by MrNice »

ive sent you a PM this afternoon regarding the payment i made to you for the number plate surround i havent yet recieved. this wednesday it will be 4 weeks to the day since you said you would post it. Money back time i think please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
sloopeh

Post by sloopeh »

nice looking car but strange bicycle reflector stuck to the rear quarter over the top of the stripes..?

http://www.carpron.com/multisite/v/toyo ... =x03a06cf8
MartG

Post by MartG »

sloopeh wrote:nice looking car but strange bicycle reflector stuck to the rear quarter over the top of the stripes..?

Rear quarter running lights - standard for the US market
PW@Woodsport

Post by PW@Woodsport »

Yep that's Deno Plumleys car, the first 3sgte engined Mk1 in the world, and the "Plumley" rear spoiler mod :thumleft:
PW@Woodsport

Post by PW@Woodsport »

Some very early footage of this car i found in my docs before the arches and wheels were done...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UuYvsUOj1E
Charged
IMOC Committee

Post by Charged »

mulaz wrote:found this cool mk1 on the net can anyone tell what mods have been done?
wheels and sizes ?

16X8 I'd guess at!
If you can't see the angle, you're in trouble.

Return to “MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC”