The Tic Tac 500bhp build thread

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

GTS GAV

Re: The Tic Tac 500bhp build thread

Post by GTS GAV »

My sheet of stainless turned up and i set about making a carboard template then using that to mark and cut my sheet of stainless, and marked from underneath were the hole neaded to be cut, then stuck it down inplace

Last edited by GTS GAV on Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.
stock isnt that soup or something.....?

tic tac 500bhp build thread
http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic. ... 57#1182357
GTS GAV

Post by GTS GAV »

then i cleaned up the ecu wirring, fitted the edge trim to the holes and stainless sheet on the floor

Last edited by GTS GAV on Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.

GTS GAV

Post by GTS GAV »

I then fitted the fans back on the intercooler and bolted it all down in place, and clamped the 90deg bends on the core and additional hoses etc

Last edited by GTS GAV on Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.

GTS GAV

Post by GTS GAV »

with all the work done in the boot was time to finish off the pipework in the engine bay and decided were the best place would be for the hks bov, so i mocked up were i wanted it and welded a stub of pipe on the 180bend nearest the throrrle body

i also had the bung welded in the exhaust for the wideband sensor as near to the back box as possible to giv the most accurate reading

Last edited by GTS GAV on Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.

GTS GAV

Post by GTS GAV »

I then i fixed and clamped all the pipework in the engine bay and mounted the box and connected up all relative hoses/ connectors etc

I also grabbed a bargain and got my self a bit more bling a nice authentic hks oil catch can. to get the pipes to the can from the head was a b1tch as there is next to no room in the engine bay now the hose i had keft kincking from the tight angles, so i orderd my self a 1m of 22m samco hose this has wire coiled between the layers so it unable to kink, just about got the pipework past the charge pipe lol

you can see the can located next to the green induction filter and how narrow it was

Last edited by GTS GAV on Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.

GTS GAV

Post by GTS GAV »

BEFORE

AFTER

Last edited by GTS GAV on Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.

GTS GAV

Post by GTS GAV »

then i set about running and exstending all the wirring for the guages, knock link, tacko, hand commander and fixing the pod and mounting the knock link and honda s2000 push button start were the cig lighter used to be (the red button on to the left of the steering wheel) im pritty happy with how it looks

1. apexi power fc hand commander, to adjust a bast range of setting, including mapp, sensor check etc
2. link knock sensor display module, shows real time knock/detination though led's
3. New HKS evc6 boost controller, limeted eddition copper screen only sold in japan and only 50 ever made
4. stepper smoked oil temp gauge with peak hold
5. stepper smoked oil pressure gauge with peak hold
6. Digital plx wideband gauge, can also display upto 32 other inputs, custom wallpaper and alot more
7. Bride tachometer
8. Greddy turbo timer
9. TRD fuel pressure gauge
10. TRD water temp gauge
Last edited by GTS GAV on Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.

GTS GAV

Post by GTS GAV »

BEFORE

AFTER

Last edited by GTS GAV on Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.

GTS GAV

Post by GTS GAV »

some pics from above to giv you and idea of how the pipework runs to the intercooler etc

Last edited by GTS GAV on Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.

GTS GAV

Post by GTS GAV »

Just a few more finishing touches to be made and some minor wiring and maybe few more goodys :mrgreen: then irl run it over to abbey motorsports for a base map, then down the road for an mot. then fit meth injection kit after run in complete.

Just wanted to say a big thank you as my life has been so much easyr by alot of help from peaple across the country, cant beleive how many mates i have made along the way and will be repaying each and everyone of them for there time to help me out, i no im along way off yet and dont want to temp fate but just wanted to say a big big thanks to Andy at serious performance, T i M a t B d E v, my farther, andyf for helping me out with some well neaded parts, chris, bob hatton,dave roe, ryan at 2bar tuning, and everyone on the imoc forum that have helped out along the way as you hav given me an untold amount of infomation surgestions help and advice, and to my mate ross from from serious performance for helping me with the late nights after work to get the car finaly finished :thumleft:
Last edited by GTS GAV on Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

reddev1ll09

Post by reddev1ll09 »

:clap: Wow Gav, the before & after pictures are night n day.
awesome m8 looking f*cking goooood.

there was a TRD push start button on eBay last night m8 :thumleft:
GTS GAV

Post by GTS GAV »

thanks buddy im just glad its nearly finished as im exhausted.
rearly im on the case thanks for the heads up :thumleft:

reddev1ll09

Post by reddev1ll09 »

Your welcome m8, i'm so glad you did not have tae sell it/her it would have been a tragedy :-s
big :mrgreen: all round, it looks the dog bangles =P~
deseroner

Post by deseroner »

what a :thumleft: f****R good job, clean work
Vampire

Post by Vampire »

amzing work! :thumleft:
GTS GAV

Post by GTS GAV »

thank you both :D im just waiting to get it in for mot then i will get it out and take some propper pictures of the finished artical, there alot to do on the fueling side yet but im hopping to get this out the way quickly after its been run in :mrgreen:

RyanRs

Post by RyanRs »

Lookin nice gav! when are you going to get it mapped? might pop up to surrey with you when you go have it done..

looks real similar to my old setup!!

ImageImage
GTS GAV

Post by GTS GAV »

:clap: :clap: that does looks spot on buddy, i wished you would have shown me this picture sooner would have done it the way lol, this was your old setup you say what bhp did you manage with that and what core was that you were using? have you any pics of your new setup have you gone chargecooler or stayed bootmount?

im hopping to get it get it mapped in the next month or so works hectic at the moment and simply dont have the time i would just drop it off but i want to be there to talk to dave about things i like to learn as much as poss, its going to be mapped at sumo power in rye its just up the road from me and there new facilatys are top notch :thumleft: pm you num irl drop you a call when its going to go down if you like dude

GTS GAV

Post by GTS GAV »

Hey all i thort i would update this as it has been a while since i last posted.
I have had to change my attention back to the mises glanza and finding a flat with a garage wich isnt easy.
The glanza has had running issues and had been running weird at high revs for a while now since the new hybrid turbo and other bits had been put on.
I had tried everything to find the fault but no joy it was driving me crazy, so me and a freind put it down to a faulty turbo causing turbulance from an unbalanced shaft/impeller wheel, so i got intouch with the manifacturer to get a replacement, they sent one down asap i opend the box to find not a ct9 hybrid but a big c12 hybrid found on the toyota supra's!!
It was rather large i was a bit skeptical on its size ow i wanted to fit to anyway :), i also got my self a tubular manifold and a few other goodys, so with a day off work i set about taking the old kit off the engine and splitting it down and transfering everything onto the new setup.
I later found that it wasnt one fault, it was down to a few in conjuntion with each other that caused the problems, anyway after fixing the faults and bit of fidling and setting up the apexi boost controller again, she went like the clappers i rearly didnt think it was goin to be that quick there a bit more of lag with the much larger turbo but on by about 750rpm but when it kick's in rearly kicks in agreasivly and pulls hard all the way to redline boost is only set to 0.85 bar but that imo is more than enough, im just glad she has a trd lsd to stop her spinning it up all the time lol its like a new car, georgie had a lil comparisant test against an RX8 lets just say he got left :), anyway with the glanza running spot on, i can now focus my attention back to the poor mr2 wich has been sitting in a lock up for over 2weeks :(

some pics of the glanza project

pics of engine when first bought

old setup

small ct9 exhaust housing on the turbo compaired to the larger supra housing

new mani and turbo wioth hks actuator set to 1bar

it just just fitted another few mm and i would of hit the oil filter housing

all fitted

and then i gave the inlet manifold a lick of paint georgies got some custom ideas for the cam cover

i fitted these seats and trd harnesses i bought her arnt i nice

I have been on the spend for all bits i can get my grubby little mits on, with the engine finished i can focus on the body work and finishing touches, theres alot of carbon fibre bits coming, and some race tow hooks to put on, bucket seats to fit, a new exhaust hks to fit aswell, along with bucket seats harnesses, front splitter and rollcage and strip the interior out and dead matt it all, and i still nead to get an MOT and tax lol, i would now rather get the car exsactly how i want it before anyone see's it im in no rush now the summer is passing buy the time i get it run in and got the fueling side done and final map it would be to late for events, so im looking foward to 2011 season were i can run every single event in a brand newly built car no one had seen before watch this space :cool:
Last edited by GTS GAV on Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

GTS GAV

Post by GTS GAV »

I love my HKS parts and most of the parts on the car are hks so thort i would better keep with the jdm theme, so out with the old and in with the new as they say, the apexi exhaust got taken off and replaced with one of my favourite exhaust there ever has been, and also a favourite of the supra owners, the hks super dragger single exit exhaust, its an utter beast and will look nice when fitted with a nice deep grumble, added advantage for me is that the back box wont be sitting directly under the intercooler as the apexi did, it has been modified to sweep around it, i have it sitting at a slight angle pointed slightly upwouds as seen on the supras, big thanks to reddev1ll09 for that one i have will have something very shiney coming your way very soon dude :thumleft:

its half the size of my door, look at you your door to get an idea on actualy how big it is :devil:

these arrived today they fix on the on the side vents there not for looks there more for funtion, as they sit slightly outwouds this will help catch the air to pull into the boot for the intercooler cooling,thanks to gareth2GT for them top bloke, alot more carbon fibre to come.

Last edited by GTS GAV on Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Project Cars”