[Mk2] [Turbo] Garret TO4E

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

razmrtwo

[Mk2] [Turbo] Garret TO4E

Post by razmrtwo »

Hi guys, I got an offer from a fren of mine. He is selling his Garret TO4E turbo (M12 AR50). I don't know if this turbo is suitable to a rev2 3SGTE, please help. Can I run a stock internals with this turbo and what are the pros and cons of this turbo?
Johnny G

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Garret TO4E

Post by Johnny G »

If you can get it to fit, you'll get more than a little lag! It's good for 600bhp, ish, but not on a stock engine.

If it works, you'll need an ECU and fuel upgrades to even touch what this turbo could do...

Bit big for the stock Rev 2 IMO. Get yourself a nice GT28RS
3.4ltr V6 Turbo. Built by Woodsport. Controlled by Syvecs, mapped by Ryan. 420bhp @ 0.7bar from 2400rpm
razmrtwo

Post by razmrtwo »

Johnny G wrote:If you can get it to fit, you'll get more than a little lag! It's good for 600bhp, ish, but not on a stock engine.

If it works, you'll need an ECU and fuel upgrades to even touch what this turbo could do...

Bit big for the stock Rev 2 IMO. Get yourself a nice GT28RS

I thought it was only a lil bigger than CT26 #-o

So, GT28RS is a good turbo upgrade if I decided to run with stock internals? What about a TD05-20G turbo?
Johnny G

Post by Johnny G »

That would be a good one too, but not much more than 300bhp really. The GT28RS for me, is the perfect turbo for a standard-internals 3SGTE
3.4ltr V6 Turbo. Built by Woodsport. Controlled by Syvecs, mapped by Ryan. 420bhp @ 0.7bar from 2400rpm
Bobby (aka Shaggar)

Post by Bobby (aka Shaggar) »

Only he has a rev2 so will ru out of fuelling before he can stretch that turbo too.

B

Return to “Modifications”