(PS3) Yet another useless update

Is the PS3 better than a C64, all in here

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Andy Jones

(PS3) Yet another useless update

Post by Andy Jones »

3.30 bring's trophy sorting ..... amazing

and is readying the PS2.5's hardware for 3D gaming when the 3D bravia TV's arrive in the summer although with this addition I do suspect that if you don't actually go out and buy a brand new 3D bravia on the day of release the PS2.31b will throw up an incompatible TV error code.
Engine rebuilt by: Steve Horrocks & Andy Jones
Engine mapped by: Ryan@2bartuning (330 bhp & 325 lbft @ 1.4 bar)
Current Status: F****D :(
CarBen Fibre Creations

Re: (PS3) Yet another useless update

Post by CarBen Fibre Creations »

Im gonna wait till the end of the year before I buy 3d, wanna see what the 1st line of 3d tv's are like before I hand over my hard earned cash
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

CarBen Fibre Creations wrote:Im gonna wait till the end of the year before I buy 3d, wanna see what the 1st line of 3d tv's are like before I hand over my hard earned cash

my brother works in currys they have a 40" samsung 3d tv in at the min £1800 which i think is pretty damn cheap. said its amazing watching films on it and apparently it turns any bluray film into 3d which is pretty good
JohnnyC

Post by JohnnyC »

H3RB wrote:apparently it turns any bluray film into 3d which is pretty good

How does that work then? :mrgreen:
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

JohnnyC wrote:
H3RB wrote:apparently it turns any bluray film into 3d which is pretty good

How does that work then? :mrgreen:

no idea but he told me they tried a few films that came out years before this 3D craze lol
JohnnyC

Post by JohnnyC »

I think he's either pulling your leg, or he's like most Currys/Dixons/PCWorld staff... :whistle:
JohnnyC

Post by JohnnyC »

CarBen Fibre Creations wrote:Im gonna wait till the end of the year before I buy 3d, wanna see what the 1st line of 3d tv's are like before I hand over my hard earned cash

I've not really looked into it much, but I think with the likes of the PS3s firmware upgrade in the future, you won't need a 3D TV, just a relatively new/current one. As long as it can display at 120Hz.
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

JohnnyC wrote:I think he's either pulling your leg, or he's like most Currys/Dixons/PCWorld staff... :whistle:

he really wasnt lying..
JohnnyC

Post by JohnnyC »

I wasn't implying he was lying, just their staff are usually clueless :wink: :eye:
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

JohnnyC wrote:I wasn't implying he was lying, just their staff are usually clueless :wink: :eye:

yeah most of them are a bunch of retards. my brother is like me tho knows a fair bit about everything electronic so is all good
SamUK

Post by SamUK »

What you havent factored in is the £800 glasses needed to make it all work.

Or so im told.
Rev 3 GTS
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

SamUK wrote:What you havent factored in is the £800 glasses needed to make it all work.

Or so im told.
they come with the tv as far as my brother was telling me although its only one pair i think. but you can watch 2 channels at once with 2 pairs of glasses because of the different flicker rates so i could be playing the ps3 and my gf could be watching tv lol would be great. but you need 2 seperate sound sources like earphones etc
DannyN

Post by DannyN »

SamUK wrote:What you havent factored in is the £800 glasses needed to make it all work.

Or so im told.

The Shutter Glasses are reported to be around £100 a pair which is still steep when you think that everyone that wants to watch in 3D has to have a pair. The plus point is that anyone not wearing the shutter glasses still get a full HD picture without it being blurred like the current 3D tv they are showing the footy on
JohnnyC

Post by JohnnyC »

DannyN wrote:The Shutter Glasses are reported to be around £100 a pair which is still steep when you think that everyone that wants to watch in 3D has to have a pair. The plus point is that anyone not wearing the shutter glasses still get a full HD picture without it being blurred like the current 3D tv they are showing the footy on

Blurred like the current 3D tv? I thought the new TVs used shutter glasses too? It's the cinemas that use polarised glasses - they produce a blurred image on screen without the glasses.

Anyway, I'd expect to see a flickering blurred mess when not viewing with shutter glasses?

Not watched one, so I'm just guessing :)
DannyN

Post by DannyN »

no the 3D tv they are showing in the pubs currently for the footy are the polarized ones like the cinema.
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

there is 3d tech about that doesnt require glasses, instead the tv has 2 layers each with a different image to give the 3d effect. downfall of this is that you have be dead on with the tv so the screens line up to give the 3d image which is why they dont use it on tvs at the min.

also i was thinking. i dont no exactly how the polorized 3d works but isnt it just one image on top of another? if so why cant they do that on dvds? make a dvd that has 2 images so that we could watch 3d with the polorized glasses from the cinema? if that makes sense? lol
JohnnyC

Post by JohnnyC »

I do hope these new 3D technologies don't become the new VHS vs Betamax #-o

Actually, I hope all 3D TVs that require glasses fail miserably.
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

JohnnyC wrote:I do hope these new 3D technologies don't become the new VHS vs Betamax #-o

it will probably be a gimmick for a few years/months.
nintendo are releasing the nintendo 3DS soon which is basically a nintendo DS with a 3d screen. as far as i know they arent using glasses but wont find out until e3 this year.
SamUK

Post by SamUK »

H3RB wrote:
JohnnyC wrote:I do hope these new 3D technologies don't become the new VHS vs Betamax #-o

it will probably be a gimmick for a few years/months.
nintendo are releasing the nintendo 3DS soon which is basically a nintendo DS with a 3d screen. as far as i know they arent using glasses but wont find out until e3 this year.

Yea im interested in this too to see how they are going to do it.

THey have definately said you dont need glasses so it sounds like the best option.

And h3rb, the TV you mention that shows 2 pics. Cant they also be used to display 2 pics at the same time. Eg the person on the right can watch TV whilst the person on the left can watch a DVD.
Rev 3 GTS
platmatt8

Post by platmatt8 »

Isn`t 3D shot with 2 different cameras side by side then on play back it shows each image i.e left and right view so may times a second. a normal flim is shot with 1 camera so im struggling to see how a dvd/tv could compensate for this?

Return to “Games Consoles”