[All] [NA] alloy wheels refurb nearly done

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

steveaddy

[All] [NA] alloy wheels refurb nearly done

Post by steveaddy »

hi anybody just give me some quick advice, i ve rubbed my alloys down primed and sprayed in a dark grey and have laquered them they look fine ,but ive read some places that i need to rub the laquer down and then polish them?should i do this?i just dont want to ruin them now when they look finished.some write ups say laquer and thats it,some say t-cut them and some say rub down with sand paper and buff polish them up. which should i do? :?
steve
steveaddy

alloys

Post by steveaddy »

nobody know anything about this? :|
Steve-O 2007

Re: [All] [NA] alloy wheels refurb nearly done

Post by Steve-O 2007 »

if they look fine then leave them :thumleft: You only need to flat them down if you have a crap finish but flat too much and you will break through and have to paint / laquer again :thumleft:
steveaddy

alloys

Post by steveaddy »

ok thanks :thumleft: looked at them today after lacquer dried look ok could just do with being a bit more shiny, think i might dry the t-cut and polish them
alan7

Re: [All] [NA] alloy wheels refurb nearly done

Post by alan7 »

personally i would laquer them then put them in a warm room to dry if you can as the heat will bake the paint and leave a shiny finish if they have been left in the cold to dry they will appear dull and flat

use g3 rubbing compound and a fair bit of water and a micro fibre cloth to polishe them up then some auto glym super resin polish after you have gently rubbed over them and washed the excess g3 off :)

thats what i do normally :thumleft: :thumleft:

Return to “Modifications”