Super Slow Drivers - The Worst Drivers?

Tales of driving experiences you have had.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

This post is:

Great
No votes
Stupid
No votes

Total votes: 0

GBTurbo

Re: Super Slow Drivers - The Worst Drivers?

Post by GBTurbo »

RyanRs wrote:i filmed a woman doing from my cab window doing 35 on a 60 road with her MIRRORS FOLDED IN! i might put it on youtube.

i tell ye, when you have 450miles to drive every night, it sure gets tempting to ram these people off the road! :evil:

Ha I want to see this
JohnnyC

Post by JohnnyC »

RyanRs wrote:i filmed a woman doing from my cab window doing 35 on a 60 road with her MIRRORS FOLDED IN! i might put it on youtube.

i tell ye, when you have 450miles to drive every night, it sure gets tempting to ram these people off the road! :evil:

I too want to see you filming people while driving your massive truck instead of looking where you're going :eye:
RyanRs

Post by RyanRs »

JohnnyC wrote:

I too want to see you filming people while driving your massive truck instead of looking where you're going :eye:

thats a funny statement that. See i believe that if you cannot multi task while in a particular job then you shouldn't be doing that job. Think of it like this, An airline pilot has to continually check weather, radar, GPS screens while listening to ATC, communicating with staff and all while flying an aeroplane @ 500 mph +. That takes a hell of a lot more concentration than driving a truck on an empty road stuck behind some moron doing 35mph while holding a camera on the top of a steering wheel. Also, who said i wasn't looking where i was going!?
JohnnyC

Post by JohnnyC »

RyanRs wrote:
JohnnyC wrote:

thats a funny statement that. See i believe that if you cannot multi task while in a particular job then you shouldn't be doing that job. Think of it like this, An airline pilot has to continually check weather, radar, GPS screens while listening to ATC, communicating with staff and all while flying an aeroplane @ 500 mph +. That takes a hell of a lot more concentration than driving a truck on an empty road stuck behind some moron doing 35mph while holding a camera on the top of a steering wheel. Also, who said i wasn't looking where i was going!?

Couple of things I'll add then.
Firstly, said airline pilot won't have people braking in front of him or cutting him up etc :)
Secondly, you never said the car was in front of you nor on an empty road :)
RyanRs

Post by RyanRs »

but surely she would have had to be infront of me otherwise i would never have had time to get the camera out and start filming!! Also i work nights and there is never many people on the road. The thing is tho, i can easily hold the camera on top of me steering wheel while driving, i dont have to look at the phone to hold it. In a lorry you seating position is like being sat at a table, its nothing like being in a car. Also i can quite easily mount the camera on top of my rigging gloves so i dont even have to hold it :wink:
Si_Crewe

Post by Si_Crewe »

I once saw a lorry driver holding a paperback book with the hand he had on the steering wheel while, at the same time, pouring tea out of a flask into a cup he had on the dashboard.

I saw it pretty close up too cos, at the time I was in front of a row of 3 cars he was forcing onto the hard shoulder as he pulled back into the left-hand lane while apparently oblivious to the cars he was forcing off the motorway.

Gotta love that multitasking. :roll:
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

Airoplanes fly themselves, the pilots are just there in case the autopilot packs up :lol:
Si_Crewe

Post by Si_Crewe »

matt_mr2t wrote:Airoplanes fly themselves, the pilots are just there in case the autopilot packs up :lol:

Trucks are the same.
I saw it on the Simpsons once.

Return to “Driving Experiences”