ABS fault

The last incarnation of our beloved mr2..Discussion and technical advice for the ZZW30 MR2 Roadster (MR-S), & MR2 Spyder. 1ZZ-FE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

askhutch

ABS fault

Post by askhutch »

Hi
The ABS light stays on. I have had this diagnosed and the fault code shows that the G-Force sensor is faulty. The garage that diagnosed this do not know where this would be fitted. I have checked myself and can only find a GForce sensor listed for a Celica Turbo. Where is it fitted on an MR2 Turbo? Do they even have a G-Force sensor?
toxo
IMOC Committee

Re: ABS fault

Post by toxo »

You mention a turbo yet this post is in the MK3 forum... do you actually mean MK2?

If you do mean MK2 then yes, they do have a deceleration sensor in the frunk, and you really don't want to know how much it is new from Toyota...
IMOC-UK - the only club to win 'Best Club Stand' at JAE more than once, and twice in a row!
Rogue

Post by Rogue »

The part you're looking for is a decelerometer. Assuming that we're talking about a revision 4 or 5 MR2 turbo (they weren't fitted prior to this) and not a mk3 then the decelerometer is located on top of the fuel tank tunnel below the stereo. It has a bright yellow sticker on it which leads most people to assume that it's part of the airbag system.
Si_Crewe

Post by Si_Crewe »

Vaguely related but is there a link to where I might look at the list of ABS fault codes that includes this one?

I've just had some ABS issues myself and the internet page I refered to doesn't list that fault.

http://stephenmason.com/cars/mr2abscode.html

Incidentally, it might be worth resetting the ABS fault report and then seeing if the issue comes back again.
You never know, it might have been a hiccup in the system.
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

Si_Crewe wrote:Vaguely related but is there a link to where I might look at the list of ABS fault codes that includes this one?

I've just had some ABS issues myself and the internet page I refered to doesn't list that fault.

http://stephenmason.com/cars/mr2abscode.html

Well, Patrick has said that part is only present on later cars, and American MR2 resources frequently only cover the systems on earlier cars as they only got rev1&2 cars. That means the guide should vaguelly match your car, though.
IMOC-UK - the only club to win 'Best Club Stand' at JAE more than once, and twice in a row!
Si_Crewe

Post by Si_Crewe »

Yeah,

I had a fault #34 (left rear sensor) so that guide has me covered.
I just noticed that guide doesn't mention a code for "decelerometamabob failure" so I was just wondering if there is a more complete list of codes available somewhere, for future reference.

Return to “MR2 MK3 2000-2007”