MR2 GTS Turbo (Rev 3 - 1994) £5,000 ono

MR2s for sale - all versions & variants

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Namatjira

MR2 GTS Turbo (Rev 3 - 1994) £5,000 ono

Post by Namatjira »

I am selling my MR2 GTS Turbo with the following specification (including mods)

1994 with approx 95 K (part km and part miles)
Dark Green metallic (see photos)
Veilside Body Kit
Rip Speed DVD player / stereo
HKS-SQV blow off valve
KW Variant 3 Suspension
K-Sport 356 mm big brake kit with 8-pot calipers
Ultralite GT II wheels in gold with 215/40/18 Falken 452 on front and 245/35/18 Falken 452 on rear
Manual Boost controller
Boost gauge on A-Pillar
A/C recently re-gassed
Magnacore HT leads
Recently serviced
New plugs
Tax till end July 2010
MOT till 24/07/2010
Dynoed at 260 bhp and 261 lb/ft at Area52 Autosport

Further engine mods were planned including a forged rebuild and a wide body kit, etc., but a new baby (arrived in January) forces a rethink. While I thought getting by with the 2 seater was possible it is not as practical as I had hoped.

While the car owes me about £6,500 overall I know that getting back money spent on mods is rare so the asking price of £5,000 ono is I think reasonable.

Please do not ask about px as I will not be interested. Cash however is always welcome and I will consider sensible offers.

PM me for further details or to view. The car may be viewed either in the Hendon area or the Portsmouth area. Other locations may be possible - just ask.

Photos can be emailed in response to enquiries or viewed on the British Mods for sale forum topic.

*** EDITED by seller ***

Forgot to include - custom large exhaust (see pics below thanks Steve)
Also Blitz Turbo Timer currently set to your choice of 1 min or 3 min with manual override.

For those who doubt the value just add up the following:
Veilside Body Kit
K-Sport 356 mm 8 pot big brake kit
KW Variant 3 suspension
Staggered 7.5J / 8.5J Ultralite GT II 18" rims in gold and matching Falken 452 tyres (new rears fitted last weekend)
assorted other smaller parts such as turbo timer, new factory fit telescopic aerial (to replace one kindly bent in a car park), etc. etc.

If you are interested but think the price is too much for you - then make an offer, but please don't be silly about it.

Cheers
Last edited by Namatjira on Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
DV54

Re: MR2 GTS Turbo (Rev 3 - 1994) £5,000 ono

Post by DV54 »

5 grand :o wow! good luck with the sale
Chris

Post by Chris »

Removed.
Last edited by Chris on Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cliff

Post by Cliff »

He didn't ask for a valuation did he? :?
Chris

Post by Chris »

No so took it off. Good luck with sale. :mrgreen:
Last edited by Chris on Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
sjm1984

Post by sjm1984 »

I guess he's testing the water with the price

Cant blame him as lower specs have been sold to close to what he's asking for
Olly P

Post by Olly P »

I really wish people wouldn't pee on other people's ads.

You guys are the reason why prices are being driven down.

Now anyone looking at this car will think it's overpriced so automatically his asking price will never happen. Not because it's not worth it, but because of your comments.

](*,)
3S Service Centre

Post by 3S Service Centre »

So long as the condition reflects the price you can ask whatever you want, putting a downer on the sale of a quality car is plain selfish.

Good luck with the sale, please put some pics up, so we can redirect enquiries this way.

James
call James on 01256 883386 or 07786073755
sjm1984

Post by sjm1984 »

Found some pics on Piston heads

matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

Those brakes sound quite interesting. 8 pot? :shock:
Usually only see brakes like that on mental Mercs. Bet they cost a pretty penny?

I'm assuming due to the size of the disks you couldn't have any thing smaller than an 18" wheel on it?
sjm1984

Post by sjm1984 »

Yeah, thats right nothing less than an 18

i was in the garage at the time of the install. i took a pic of 1 of the 8 pots against the stock rev 3 caliper :lol: i'll post a pic tonight.

I've driven this car a few weeks ago and its a very good ride and with the 18's and the KW Variant 3 coilovers it handle very well and great drivability.
Namatjira

Post by Namatjira »

matt_mr2t wrote:Those brakes sound quite interesting. 8 pot? :shock:
Usually only see brakes like that on mental Mercs. Bet they cost a pretty penny?

I'm assuming due to the size of the disks you couldn't have any thing smaller than an 18" wheel on it?

Yes, 18" wheels are mandatory, however even with 18"s you need to be careful about the profile at the back of the wheel - or use spacers.
Ian Geary

Post by Ian Geary »

first off, good luck with the sale

I'm all in favour of mr2 prices staying strong - you're asking £1k more than I paid for my car in 2005, and anything you can do to keep prices high is much appreciated!

But as those brakes are quite rare - have you tried getting a valaution on them seperately? the same for the wheels.. you may find you could recoupe more cash that way (less the cost of standard replacements from ebay etc)

Ian
Namatjira

Post by Namatjira »

Ian Geary wrote:first off, good luck with the sale

I'm all in favour of mr2 prices staying strong - you're asking £1k more than I paid for my car in 2005, and anything you can do to keep prices high is much appreciated!

But as those brakes are quite rare - have you tried getting a valaution on them seperately? the same for the wheels.. you may find you could recoupe more cash that way (less the cost of standard replacements from ebay etc)

Ian

While I could probably get more by removing some of the custom bits (brakes etc) I really don't want to take the time. At present I'm working 2 hours from home and so most of my day during the week is travel to work, work, then travel home, with not a lot of time to do other stuff. Then there's the added time doing the usual dad stuff with the baby. Much better to just sell the car with all bits on it as now.

Also, forgot to add into the spec, a Momo steering wheel also.

Am quite pragmatic about actual selling price but if I can't get something reasonable for it I'll just store it till I can afford to convert it to a track car. Not going to sell at a give-away price no matter what. After all I could probably get my £5K by selling the brakes, wheels, and suspension separately and then using the car for scrappage, but that's not how I want to go.

Cheers
Bobby (aka Shaggar)

Post by Bobby (aka Shaggar) »

Namatjira wrote:

Ian

While I could probably get more by removing some of the custom bits (brakes etc) I really don't want to take the time. At present I'm working 2 hours from home and so most of my day during the week is travel to work, work, then travel home, with not a lot of time to do other stuff. Then there's the added time doing the usual dad stuff with the baby. Much better to just sell the car with all bits on it as now.

Am quite pragmatic about actual selling price but if I can't get something reasonable for it I'll just store it till I can afford to convert it to a track car. Not going to sell at a give-away price no matter what. After all I could probably get my £5K by selling the brakes, wheels, and suspension separately and then using the car for scrappage, but that's not how I want to go.

Cheers
Good for you mate! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Mike 'MR2' McHugh

Post by Mike 'MR2' McHugh »

Look at the size of those brakes !!!!!! =P~ =P~

Good luck with the sale, looks a good one :thumleft:
It goes..Uhn tiss Uhn tiss Uhn tiss
Namatjira

Post by Namatjira »

Bobby (aka Shaggar) wrote:
Namatjira wrote:

Ian

Cheers
Good for you mate! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Will also probably test the water on eBay as well. If it doesn't reach the reserve then it only cost the equivalent of a couple of rounds down the local, if it does reach the reserve then everybody is happy.

Cheers
sjm1984

Post by sjm1984 »

On behalf of the seller

Still for sale price drop £3300

Return to “MR2s for Sale”