its painted :) :) :) :) :) pics inside :)

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

alan7

its painted :) :) :) :) :) pics inside :)

Post by alan7 »

hi everyone im alan im new to 2 ownership and was in to the ford scene but since buying my first 2 less than a month ago im hooked i absoloutly love it

its a k reg rev2 n/a uk model with sunroof i did want a t-bar but failed to find 1 in black lol so settled for this

it came with 1 years mot from the day before i bought it 6 months tax and full history with a huge amount of paper work from rogue motorsport inc a new mongoose a recent cambelt water pump change new callipers all round and no4 service all within 5 months of purchase

and i got all of this for the grand sum of £950 lol bargain and it has been lovely to drive and starts runs perfectly =)

anyway here is some pics and the progress ive done so far enjoy and any comments welcome :)

this is her when i picked her up

went straight from buying to the local modifying shop for some new wheels which at the time didnt know anything about staggered fitment lol but spacers and new rear tyres will sort this very soon

these were my first choice but after weighing them up changed my mind

so decided on these

then got a few pics when i got home finally after a long day also got a sunstrip fitted lol

then wanted to give it a wash lol even though it was dark :S

anyway next day got straight on ebay and started to spend some money lol

and this is some of what i bought

bought the full kit border front, border spats, veilside skirts only because im not keen on border skirts.

lol big list i know but i was keen to get it to how i wanted it quickly (im quite impatient lol)

there was a few little problems i.e passenger door card was damaged both inner door cups damaged caps on hooks on the rear shelf cover missing 1 of the outer window top covers missing so managed to find a g-limited in a local scrapyard and got all the caps new mint door card and a rear cross brace for £10 lol bargain again =)

so i cut up my old door card and sourced some red leather and am in the middle of making up my own re-trimmed panels for the doors =)

next on the list was the dash and glove box as they had bad wear and tear on them so i got to work on them flatting and painting them to match the outside of the car

all re-fitted full of finger prints though lol

also wanted to change the look of the rear lights as i had seen a pic of how i wanted them so that was the next lol

removed cleaned up and masked up ready

and all done

and back on the car lookin a whole lot better imo

also fitted my new steering wheel with no problems and new gear knob which im not keen on so is currently on ebay and have bought a new short shift knob with the red stitching to match the new gaitors =)
got the snorkel/air feed fitted too

next job was the exhaust as i had a new mongoose on i didnt want to replace it as it sounded very nice so i bent up the grill so it could be seen better then went to a local place that make custom exhausts and go a custom pair of 4.5" tail pipes fitted

on the morning before

after

also re-furbed the wiper arms and fitted the new blades as they were lookin a little scruffy and flaked rusted

then it was off to the body shop were the car currently is awaiting the kit fitted and full re-spray lol all within a month not bad going hey lol

the rear spats are to be moulded to rear bumper and the wheel centres going gloss black with the polished lip callipers and tow rings and rear x-brace going red rocker going gloss black and inlet going red induction pipe to be painted gloss black and red samco hose joints to go with the theme lol

door cards will be re-trimmed red and seats are to be trimmed black leather outers with red stitching and red leather centres =)

currently awaiting new h/lights 30mm lowering springs 18mm rear spacers and 225/40/17 tyres for the rear , carbon fibre stereo surround with 2 52mm gauge holders for my new oil pressure temp carbon gauges, carbon heater panel surround and carbon dial surround and then its pretty much finished ready for summer

sorry if this is in the wrong section if so please move to correct lol

look forward to your comments good and bad =)

will update with pics when i get them :D :D
Last edited by alan7 on Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
fearless

Re: its painted :) :) :) :) :) pics inside :)

Post by fearless »

very nice i like what you done with the exhaust i fancy doing that with my blueflame, its taken me 3 years to get my 2 how it is now the thing with getting it done quickly for me is i would get bored to quickly and got rid of by now, but looking forward to the updated pics who did you get the front bumper from on ebay looks quite a good fit. :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:
she's all comming together nicely now after a fair bit of cash spent, not bad for just an n/a now for some body kit i think.
alan7

Post by alan7 »

thanks mate the bumper was from this place

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Toyota-MR2-SW20-9 ... 2559371fb3

i paid £75 posted and the finish and fit were spot on minimal playing with it and it fits like a glove

there is still plenty i want to do but i do get bored really quickly normally lol but i do plan on keeping this 1 =)

looking at a tubby lid at the mo and windows are going to get tinted too only the quarters and rear and eventualy i will trim the tunnel cover inside to match the interior and thinking on flocking the dash plactics what ive had painted as i like the finish.

as for the exhaust mate cost me £50 all in to get the new tips fitted and the welds and fitting is very tidy and looks spot on they look a lot better with the spats in place like

also getting the apex 30mm springs for now but eventually want a decent set of coilovers and am desperaty looking for a autopista spoiler too will pay good money for 1 if i can find 1 so everyone if you wouldnt mind keep your eyes and ears open for me please will even consider paying a finders fee =)

also going to look in to a border carbon bonnet and a few more carbon touches for the outside lol the list is never ending :mrgreen:
fearless

Post by fearless »

i have a genuine autopista spoiler i wanted one bad, got mine off larry on here for £120 and that was cheap was a red one in for sale section i think it was a copy though,
put up a post in wanted section for spoiler, i made my border bonnet with a scoop i bought from ebay didnt come out bad considering i done it myself just needs a better paint job i think i couldnt afford £600 for a carbon one, im also looking at coilovers when i can afford it got to get a new family car first and i fancy a border kit on mine. :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:
she's all comming together nicely now after a fair bit of cash spent, not bad for just an n/a now for some body kit i think.
alan7

Post by alan7 »

really cool is the replica still for sale on here mate

what are you doing with yours fancy selling????

would like to see pics of your bonnet too if poss mate =)
baron-lew

Post by baron-lew »

How do Alan you may recognise me as lew893 from MR2OC, just won a MOMO steering wheel on e-bay so looks like the steering wheel swap will go ahead! Nice seeing you on here anyway mate! Its from here I have bought the turbo lid!
Got a different username on here as I screwed up my registration! :oops:
Hope your car is coming along well!! :clap:
Pop up hedlamps rule!!
alan7

Post by alan7 »

hello mate i thought it was you as soon as i seen lew lol

i will do your wheel mate in return for my spacer fitment lol my spacers bolt straight to the hub and then the wheels go on there so should be pretty straight forward

ive been looking through the for sale section cant find this autopista though :(
baron-lew

Post by baron-lew »

Cheers mate I'll do your spacers should only take 20 minutes! North eastern tyres and exhausts have sheered off my locking wheel nuts using a windy gun on them not happy! They are removing what's left on Friday back down south tonight! Thought you had ordered a similar spoiler to mine from America? I just need a boss now! Got the wheel and a handbrake sleeve! Well over spent this month!
Pop up hedlamps rule!!
fearless

Post by fearless »

here's start to finish of my bonnet matey and as for selling mine no way took me enough time getting one for myself didnt fancy the £200 copy from rogue i try not to pay full price for anything as my car is on a budget havent done bad to be honest. :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:
http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=114583
alan7

Post by alan7 »

baron-lew wrote:Cheers mate I'll do your spacers should only take 20 minutes! North eastern tyres and exhausts have sheered off my locking wheel nuts using a windy gun on them not happy! They are removing what's left on Friday back down south tonight! Thought you had ordered a similar spoiler to mine from America? I just need a boss now! Got the wheel and a handbrake sleeve! Well over spent this month!

i have ordered the rev5 replica mate but gonna sell it on as dont want it anymore lol i may of found a genuine autopista and at a steal if all goes well lol well done on the gaitor and such mate us n/a boys will reign victorious pmsl when you back and xxxx news on the lockers stupid garage ](*,)
fearless

Post by fearless »

only spoiler i wanted for mine fell in love when i first see one on a two. :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:

you can just see my tubby engine lid i won off ebay aswell. :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:
alan7

Post by alan7 »

very nice mate it is a beautiful spoiler my exact thoughts too when i first seen 1 lol ive contemplated a veilside as i like the look of that too and love the rev5 but i think id only settle for a genuine and i could get a autopista for less lol and they look better =)
baron-lew

Post by baron-lew »

THink I may an introduction to one of your mates think the gearbox may hold out, and dont want the rust to get too bad! Want the rear arches rolling too so the wheels will sit nice! Good luck with the spoiler mate! It looks good but like the one on mine enough to not want another! May get a carbon blade for it at some point. Can't wait to see your car when it comes from the body shop! :clap:
Pop up hedlamps rule!!
Mike 'MR2' McHugh

Post by Mike 'MR2' McHugh »

Nice one Alan, you have been busy in the past month by the looks of it ? Is there any part of the car your not going to improve ? :lol:

Look forward to seeing it with the body kit :thumleft:

Mike
It goes..Uhn tiss Uhn tiss Uhn tiss
alan7

Post by alan7 »

cheers everyone since tonight ive managed to get hold of a genuine autopista spoiler so that will be on before the paint job is done lol

lew my mate said any work that needs doing no matter what go see him he is happy of the buisness and very competative rates too and also found out he rebuilds turbos too and gives a guarentee =)

should have her back end of this week door cards are getting done tomorrow will just need the seats doing and its almost there lol :thumleft:

all thats left then is to drive her i was so close to buying a veilside spoiler for myself today and then a guy with an autopista said if i get the veilside he will do a straight swap so im well over the moon now i get the 1 i want and he is happy too best way :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:
baron-lew

Post by baron-lew »

I'll have to have a drive up sometime mate! saw a nice TRD hornpush on ebay thought you might like it to go with your sticker near the gear stick.
Pop up hedlamps rule!!
alan7

Post by alan7 »

lol no bother mate ive already ordered 1 ages ago lol but it aint turned up yet as its from hong kong =)
Craigo

Post by Craigo »

nice car...cant believe you bought a border bumper that fits!!!!! might have to give them a go too..

you sure it was a good fit!?
alan7

Post by alan7 »

lol 110% mate it was a good fit only thing when he tried to fit the lights he had to trim 5mm off the inside to get thwem in other than that went straight on lol
fearless

Post by fearless »

blimey this sounds promising i want a bumper when funds allow me. :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”