Boot Mount

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

THE DUKE

Boot Mount

Post by THE DUKE »

Looking to put my cooler in the boot...

Just wanted to see if any one has done this and what size/core they had on the cooler..? Pics would help!!!

Cheers
CosmosblueMR2

Re: Boot Mount

Post by CosmosblueMR2 »

give Xxxx Rashid a PM.. this is his :

Car now Sold :cry: damn 5th Lumber Disc !
cantfindausername

Post by cantfindausername »

Search the US boards, It popular over there. Something like a supra core would be good.
MegatronUK

Post by MegatronUK »

The Supra core is indeed very good :D .... it costs peanuts and if it will cope with 360+bhp of bpu-ed 2JZ's, it'll be more than good enough for the 3SGTE

Boxed in Supra TT core... vented through boot floor..

Hi power commercial fan and aluminium housing..

Under floor air scoop..

Boot mounted air intake/exit (depending on speed and whether fan is running or not)..
BLOODUK

Post by BLOODUK »

Does that not affect lag? as its alot longer for the air to travel from the turbo
MegatronUK

Post by MegatronUK »

Trust me... its alot shorter than the pipework on the Supe.

Put it this way, looking at the front of the car.... the IC in the Supra is down at the bottom left hand side in the front of the bumper (the left hand air intake, below the indicator). The inlet manifold is on the right hand side of the engine bay... and the pipework runs along the back of the bumper. Now think, how wide a Supra is, and how big the bumper is?

I wouldn't be suprised if the pipework was only half as much as is used on my Supra.
cantfindausername

Post by cantfindausername »

For a high power 3S I'd go for uprated FM Supra IC

I was thinking about the lag etc the other day and decided that all these cars with FMIC have very long intake tracks in comparison to MR2s. Even a boot mount would be shorter than your average FMIC I reckon.
THE DUKE

Post by THE DUKE »

Thanks for your replys!!

Not too worried about lag as the turbo i have coming is something special... I need to run a boot mount cos if "certain" other tricks.

Anyone ever used a cryo system.. thinking about freezing the intercooler in some way??

Just purchased a cooler from a custom build place and i quote " should hold upto about 700bhp ". Lets see if i can beat the intercooler :)
ENSMR2

Post by ENSMR2 »

It will increase lag over any other side mount IC for the 2 and also over CC's obviously.

You can't compare it to lag on Supra's.
superchargedsam

Post by superchargedsam »

isnt that one of the reasons the sup runs sequential tubbies to help reduce the lag on accelration by using the small one first then the large one for big power and smiles ?

Return to “Modifications”