Possible big brake group buy

Forum For IMOC Group Buys

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

gazrev1tubby

Possible big brake group buy

Post by gazrev1tubby »

Hi all, been in contact with a guy over in the states about this big brake kit :

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... OTORS:1123

I've asked him if he would do a discount on multiple purchases and he has responded with a cost of circa £500 delivered per kit for 5 orders or more - possibly a further discount on a higher number ?

I for one think that this price is excellent for what appears to be a massive upgrade over the stock brakes, and I believe the kit will fit all years and revisions of the mk2

Thought i'd post up here to gain interest and dependant upon how many people are interested, I could get a final price :th:
monkeyra
Premium Member

Re: Possible big brake group buy

Post by monkeyra »

Me, potentially. I'd want to do some more research on them first, but I am in the market for uprated front brakes at some point.
SW20 Rev1 Supercharged 2GR-FE Powered Trackday Car.
raptor95GTS

Post by raptor95GTS »

http://www.wolfkatz.com/products.php?cat=25 plenty of research done for this kit and these guys are on the mr2oc.com board all the time so you can see the feedback
Chris

Post by Chris »

Just got a set of these. I'll get them fitted this week and let you know :thumleft:
gazrev1tubby

Post by gazrev1tubby »

If you could give us some of your feedback on them bud that would be awesome ! :thumleft:
Keri-WMS

Post by Keri-WMS »

Don't forget 17.5% VAT plus import duty (4-5%?) as levied by customs.

If it's any help we are getting the SW20 300mm WMS 4 pot kit brackets made in the next CNC run....16" friendly! :thumleft:
monkeyra
Premium Member

Post by monkeyra »

Cool, was wondering when they were going to be manufactured :)
SW20 Rev1 Supercharged 2GR-FE Powered Trackday Car.
Keri-WMS

Post by Keri-WMS »

monkeyra wrote:Cool, was wondering when they were going to be manufactured :)

I know, it's been a loooong time coming! :oops:
gazrev1tubby

Post by gazrev1tubby »

Right, bit of an update......

He is currently in the test stages of caliper relocation brackets for the rears so not available just yet :sad:

For the complete front set delivered to your door as per the link I can get them for £580 but need 5+ sets to get that price. That is a huge £250 discount !

If anyone is still interested then put your names down and we'll get the ball rolling :th:
Keri-WMS

Post by Keri-WMS »

gazrev1tubby wrote:Right, bit of an update......

He is currently in the test stages of caliper relocation brackets for the rears so not available just yet :sad:

For the complete front set delivered to your door as per the link I can get them for £580 but need 5+ sets to get that price. That is a huge £250 discount !

If anyone is still interested then put your names down and we'll get the ball rolling :th:

Is that inclusive of VAT / import duty etc?
gazrev1tubby

Post by gazrev1tubby »

How do you mean Keri ? I didn't think vat would be chargeable and I hadn't thought of import duty ? :oops:
Keri-WMS

Post by Keri-WMS »

gazrev1tubby wrote:How do you mean Keri ? I didn't think vat would be chargeable and I hadn't thought of import duty ? :oops:

As far as I know customs charge VAT to all goods brought into the UK (or VAT area of the EU), normally at the port (airport). Normally the importer gets an invoice from FedEx (or whoever the courier is) with the VAT they think applies and the duty (plus storage / admin fees if they are feeling funny).

The way it normally works is that customs won't release the goods without the VAT, so the courier pays it then passes the invoice on to the customer to speed things up.

That's how it's worked every time I've done it... :thumleft:

Of course if you are VAT registered you reclaim it and re-charge it when you invoice the end-user, I'm not sure what you're supposed to do as a private individual as you can't charge VAT - the details should be here somewhere: http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/index.htm
gazrev1tubby

Post by gazrev1tubby »

Oh sod it :( I'll have to have a word with the seller to see if he can wangle anything :) thanks for the heads up though :)
Chris

Post by Chris »

Got these fitted to mine now.. Very nice progressive brakes, great stopping power. Only issue is a little more pedal travel. A Brake valve might sort this though.
Keri-WMS

Post by Keri-WMS »

gazrev1tubby wrote:Oh sod it :( I'll have to have a word with the seller to see if he can wangle anything :) thanks for the heads up though :)

No problem...I can probably beat their price anyway once I get the brackets in: 4 pot WMS calipers, 300mm discs, fits under 16's, sensible bias: (see affiliates!)

SW20 front 300x18 "light" one peice disc kits
SW20 front 300x28 "heavy duty" one peice disc kits

...bigger stuff to follow for those with 17"! :mrgreen:

We don't normally do group-buys as our margins are lower being a smaller company, but you never know - there's a first time for everything!
Last edited by Keri-WMS on Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
gazrev1tubby

Post by gazrev1tubby »

That sounds superb keri - maybe I'll hold off then ! When do you expect to have these available ? I'm sure folks over on the oc would be very interested !
Keri-WMS

Post by Keri-WMS »

gazrev1tubby wrote:That sounds superb keri - maybe I'll hold off then ! When do you expect to have these available ? I'm sure folks over on the oc would be very interested !

Cool! :D

The brackets are supposed to be in the next CNC run, and from the start of the run to the end of anodising tends to take about a month.

I hope to get the next run in soon, a few weeks - less if possible!

I only just got the new-style AW11 brackets in today, be nice to find a new home for some of these as well:
afennell
IMOC Organiser

Post by afennell »

Going to keep an eye on this now im keeping Tilly.

I have looked at this kit in the past and the wilwood calipers seem very good value, also tried and tested with plenty of people.

There seemed to be two kits going around one with nissan discs and the other with Supra discs. Im guessing this is the Supra one going by the size.
Protok

Post by Protok »

I'll keep an out for this as well.
What are the projected sizes for the 17"?
Also are you doing anything for the rear brakes? Will look a bit odd with huge discs up front and a tiny disc on the rear.
Keri-WMS

Post by Keri-WMS »

Protok wrote:I'll keep an out for this as well.
What are the projected sizes for the 17"?
Also are you doing anything for the rear brakes? Will look a bit odd with huge discs up front and a tiny disc on the rear.

Well the initial kits will be 300mm, the biggest you'll get in most 17's is about 325mm and there is a plan to do a kit that size as well.

Also the rear will have upgrades as well.... :wink:

Return to “Group Buys - MR2 related”