Hello from Edd :-)

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Smithmyster

Hello from Edd :-)

Post by Smithmyster »

Hi
My names Edd Smith, im from Hertford in Hertfordshire, I have worked in and around the modified car industry for over 5 years now working for varies company Like The Fuel Girls & Max Power, for example I have covered the 07 Gumball Rally, and took part in last summers European Modball rally, generally playing and working with some amazing car’s, but yet have neglected my own poor MR2. :?

I own a Imported mkII Rev 3 MR2 G-Limited, with T-bar, which I have had over 5 years now. When I bought it, it was in mint condition and it had already had a remapped chip, induction filter, stainless steel exhaust system, and I think maybe lowered a little. Other then that its was pretty standard.

As mentioned until recently its been neglected and just used a my horse, ferrying me up and down the country, not being cleaned or properly serviced. The once immaculate wheel’s are now flakey and baked in bake dust. The front end has some bad/cheap accident repair after hitting a deer, 3 years ago. One fog light is cracked and not working. The T-Bar has started to leak, electric aerial no longer works, reverse light don’t work, constant slow puncher’s the list goes on and on…………. I must have had a collection of 30+ empty fag packets behind the seats. :oops:

Recently after 6 months of driving around with a fcuked rear shock absorber I eventually got around to finding a pair of rear shocks and changing them, got the car professionally cleaned and bought some new mats, and I all of a sudden fell back in love with the MR2.

Iv just purchased 4x Lexus IS200 alloys (with spacer’s), 2 leather door cards (with the intention of getting bespoke leather interior in the next month or so). Im looking to sort white dials, paint the instrument surround. The look to get the whole front end re-sprayed.

I recently have found myself googling MR2 advise and products and the IMOC keeps coming up so I thought I best join, as I am totally bitten by the MR2 bug again and I have taken the decision to keep and look after the car instead of buying a new car.
:thumleft:
Last edited by Smithmyster on Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve Horrocks

Re: Hello from Edd :-)

Post by Steve Horrocks »

Good stuff buddy, welcome to the fold! Oh, and get some before & after pics up! Ha. What work did you do, presume writer Or photographer of some kind?
Mike 'MR2' McHugh

Post by Mike 'MR2' McHugh »

Hello Edd, got any pics ?
It goes..Uhn tiss Uhn tiss Uhn tiss
Smithmyster

Post by Smithmyster »

Hi there, Yeah iv done a little writing for lots of people but in more recent times mainly photography.

Im trying to figure out how to upload some images actually, do i have to put them on via a site like photobucket??
Steve Horrocks

Post by Steve Horrocks »

Yes pal, we don't host photos on here. Photobucket is your best bet.
Smithmyster

Post by Smithmyster »

A few random old one's............

rhamps

Post by rhamps »

hello
rhamps

Post by rhamps »

[quote="Smithmyster"]A few random old one's............

is there a mr2 in that pic cant see it lol :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:
Smithmyster

Post by Smithmyster »

And me just showing off............

rhamps

Post by rhamps »

Smithmyster wrote:And me just showing off............

GIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap:
marc GT Turbo

Post by marc GT Turbo »

welcome edd :thumleft:
1993 GT TURBO
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Post by Martin F »

Welcome to the site mate, some nice pics there, Good luck with getting the car back up to scratch, looks like she has loads of potential :thumleft:
pistol pete

Post by pistol pete »

hello..
nice loking car...

ermm can i have your job please........ :whistle:

on a side note how did you get into a job like that with cars
i would love to.. car are my 3rd love (after my daughter and wife of course) after 53 cars i would love to have the sort of job around cars all the time....

at the mo i am elec engineer and hate my job...
Smithmyster

Post by Smithmyster »

:D thanks for the big welcome. Im hoping by summer ill have a slightly better tastefully mildly moded MR2. I might head along to the Duxford thing in May i see some of you are going to, its only 40min from me.
:thumleft:

pistol pete wrote:on a side note how did you get into a job like that with cars
i would love to.. car are my 3rd love (after my daughter and wife of course) after 53 cars i would love to have the sort of job around cars all the time

The job is vary Rock n Roll I cant deny, but I only do it part time. There isnt enough future or money in it to have a life, have a home and run a car, so most of the time im doing design work and a print manager at a Print management company in Hertford.

I make more money regular from model photography, but again with the recession that's not a safe career so has to fit in around my main career which is becoming more important to me now (one more reason to sort & fix up the MR2).

Back in 2004 to 2005 I got involved with Oval Circuit racing and did some work around around that through a friend. At the same time a friend won a modelling competition and I helped her doing photo edits and chaperoning to shoot's. The motor sport scene and models are very closely linked and it wasn't too long before I was working for a company dealing with bespoke modified cars & a online magazine. Ended up writing for them, organising events, filming, doing media and PR. Did some pictures for other people, then followed the FUEL Team covering them on the 2007 Gumball rally.

Then ended up working for Fuel & travelled around Europe and the US, still all the time doing other freelance work and had a few pieces published in REV's then FAST CAR....... The rest is History

Im moving away from that sort of work now tho, the car show industry is dying, Magazines are struggling, its not got the same buzz. I feel like a old fart saying "Its not like it used to be" haha but its not.

Im still doing photography tho, I have a few images in next month FHM and there's always a few bit's in the pipeline ;-)
(I bet u all hate me now)
Last edited by Smithmyster on Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ben

Post by Ben »

Smithmyster wrote:(I bet u all hate me now)

Yes.

But welcome anyway :lol:
2001 BMW M5 (Bahnstormer) | 2004 RX8 231 (the Racecat) | 2001 Volvo V70 (Swedish eBay barge)

Previous:
1989 MR2 Mk1b T-bar | 1988 MR2 SC Super Edition
craig

Post by craig »

Welcome to IMOC buddy :thumleft:
Smithmyster

Post by Smithmyster »

Thanks everyone :D

Im picking up my IS200 17" alloys tonight :D
Fitting tomorrow along with Leather door cards, ill up to date stick photos up tomorrow.

Martin F wrote:Welcome to the site mate, some nice pics there, Good luck with getting the car back up to scratch, looks like she has loads of potential :thumleft:

Cheer's fella :thumleft:

Loving your Car by the way!!!
What is the name of your side skirts, and where can i get them from?
Iv seen loads of different variants of the same similar design, but there the one's im after (i think).

I am thinking i can get away with adding them and not changing the front or rear bumpers (what you think?) #-o
cantfindausername

Post by cantfindausername »

Welcome to the club. I took my MR on the first Modball, then did the 2nd in my mates 350z.

Car looks good. Look forward to seeing it progress. :thumleft:
***RIP Car13 ***
*** Now in an Evo ***
rhamps

Post by rhamps »

Smithmyster wrote:Thanks everyone :D

Im picking up my IS200 17" alloys tonight :D
Fitting tomorrow along with Leather door cards, ill up to date stick photos up tomorrow.

Martin F wrote:Welcome to the site mate, some nice pics there, Good luck with getting the car back up to scratch, looks like she has loads of potential :thumleft:

Cheer's fella :thumleft:

Loving your Car by the way!!!
What is the name of your side skirts, and where can i get them from?
Iv seen loads of different variants of the same similar design, but there the one's im after (i think).

I am thinking i can get away with adding them and not changing the front or rear bumpers (what you think?) #-o

Re- is200 wheels i have them you know you need spacers on front and rears dont you? and also you should put 235s on back and 205 or 215 on front.
Smithmyster

Post by Smithmyster »

rhamps wrote: Re- is200 wheels i have them you know you need spacers on front and rears dont you? and also you should put 235s on back and 205 or 215 on front.

Just got home after the best part of 8 hours on the road (in a poxy Van) to get them. #-o
They have 225/40 at the back and 205/40 at the front with 3mm spacers all round. Will find out in the morning if they fit ok. I bought them off another MR2 own so should be cool (I hope)

Also have these to fit :-)

Think its bed time now tho, im shatterd! :|
Last edited by Smithmyster on Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Member Profiles”