Trader feedback needs more thought

What's happening at the Club. You can post your suggestions and ideas here, along with reports of any problems using the site.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Trader feedback needs more thought

Post by tonigmr2 »

Leading on from this thread...

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=129019

It's all very well deleting comments when people are just putting their 2p in to stir, but IMHO ridiculous to delete posts when people are asking for more information on a good feedback post.

Needs thoughts from mods and members. :thumleft:
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Re: Trader feedback needs more thought

Post by Ryan S »

yeah that should deffo be sorted, i understand not being allowed to chime in on a name and shame post but on a good trader feedback one i think the rules should be different :-k
nitric4k

Post by nitric4k »

have linked to to this thread in the moderators section for you both

:thumleft:
uglee

Post by uglee »

Have to admit it does seem silly when it is specific questions that ask about details that were not commented on in the 1st post.

I asked a guy who had their car undersealed by a company, if it made a difference to the noise levels in the car. Something they state on their website. My post and the answer was deleted. :-s
michael

Post by michael »

Some valid points raised... on the back of these how would you change the section to make it better?

Should it be a free for all?

Do there need to be restrictions on what can and can't be posted?

Who should be able to post?

Should people with no experience of the thing being discussed be allowed to join in?

I'm not sure what the best way forward is here but I'd be really interested to hear how others would do things...
uglee

Post by uglee »

I don't think there is any perfect answer to this.

I think questions to clarify peoples understanding of a feedback post is worth keeping and is of benefit to other members reading.

People jumping on the bandwagon and creating a witch hunt is not to be tolerated. It is all about the individuals experience with a company. As long as the facts and reasonable explanation is given then that stands.
Likewise if the trader in question has facts and a reasonable explanation to offer then it is there to be seen by all who view the post.

Maybe it requires a dedicated moderator. Maybe all posts have to be screened by that mod before been allowed to be posted. It's not a very active category so maybe possible?
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

I think asking for more information or photos etc. should be allowed.

Really that section is moderated to stop post jumpers and idle speculators, it's officious in the extreme to delete every comment IMHO!
HighwayStar

Post by HighwayStar »

Hey all.
Being the OP in the thread referred to I'd like to chime in if I may.
I understand the need for the ruling in a negative feedback thread and see no need for the rules there to be changed. My suggestion for positive feedback threads is that any and all other postings should be allowed except for negative comments about the same trader. Even these should be allowed but only for the member to post a link to their own negative comment thread in the appropriate section.
I think it's important for a forum that all members should be allowed to voice a warning if they feel strongly somebody else is getting poor advice but only if they've been through the appropriate channels with their complaint themselves.

R.
RichLee

Post by RichLee »

I think its silly how a member can post negative feeback about a trader who is actually banned from IMOC, and then have a moderator remove posts and state that only the original person and the trader in question can comment.

To me thats just idiotic and doesn't solve anything when that kind of situation happens ](*,)
michael

Post by michael »

RichLee wrote:I think its silly how a member can post negative feeback about a trader who is actually banned from IMOC, and then have a moderator remove posts and state that only the original person and the trader in question can comment.

To me thats just idiotic and doesn't solve anything when that kind of situation happens ](*,)

See:

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=117216

In these circumstances the entire thread should be removed as per the above.
RichLee

Post by RichLee »

michael wrote:

See:

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=117216

In these circumstances the entire thread should be removed as per the above.

Totally agree with that Michael :thumleft:

Or work something in that lets the trader get their side of the story accross, whether it be via PM to a moderator to post on the traders behalf or some sort of temp account so they can comment directly.

Banned or not, everyone has the right to present their side of the story.

Or like you said, just delete the thread :lol: ...but then again, are you not doing the trader a favour by deleting bad feedback, it also makes people unaware of poor traders in the mr2 scene. :-k
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

Well I personally think if a trader got banned, tough on them, they should have thought of that.

I'm not for removing bad feedback as it's a good warning for other owners.
Marf

Post by Marf »

2 Things spring to mind from my point of view:-

1. Positive feedback. If a post is made praising a trader, other people should also be able to chime in with positive experiences.

2. Negative feedback, I agree that only the person and the trader should be able to post, but additionally, negative feedback should only be allowed to be posted for a given trader if that trader is an active member. Regardless of the reasons why a trader may have been banned, its not exactly cricket to allow people to post negative feedback without giving a trader the right of reply. :)
Slarty

Post by Slarty »

Following this on, allbeit on a slightly different theme, there's a case recently about WIM where a mod has asked/told the member/trader in question to take it to PM?

What's that all about then? PMs, by their nature, are private and none of the rest of the club are able to see the outcome? Kinda makes the whole thing a little pointless no?

Not trying to kick the mod by the way, maybe they called it wrongly.

Return to “Club News and Announcements”