[Mk2] [Turbo] turbo problems i think...have 2 fault codes!

Anything and everything to do with mechanical issues with your Mk2

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

daveslater3110

[Mk2] [Turbo] turbo problems i think...have 2 fault codes!

Post by daveslater3110 »

Ok, so me old girl's bust again!

Set off to work this morning and it was abit hesitant, thought it could be the wet weather and the dizzy cap not mixing well!

Tried giving it abit of a run on way home, so im on the motorway of all places and still accelerating, and there was a big flat spot and the ECU light came on.

Gets home, i did the paper clip trick on the ECU and it came up with 25 AND 34!! Googled it, and apparently the codes mean;

25: Air-fuel Ratio Lean Malfunction; Oxygen sensor outputs a lean signal continuously for several seconds during air-fuel ratio correction. Open or short in oxygen sensor (OX).

34: Turbocharging Pressure Signal; Fuel cut-off due to high turbocharging pressure.

I haven't got a clue what this means, and abit concerned especially about the turbo bit. Can anyone help me, are these codes accurate and what does it mean in laymans terms?

also to bear in mind, its been smelling really rich recently and it bloody rinsing the juice!!

Thanks for looking and help in advance. Dave.
raptor95GTS

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] turbo problems i think...have 2 fault codes!

Post by raptor95GTS »

what revision do you have and what mods are you running. Boost controller, downpipe etc?
Marf

Post by Marf »

25 means your O2 sensor is bu88ered

34 means you hit the fuel cut, which would explain the flat spot you hit. This code doesnt necesarily mean anything is wrong, just that you hit fuel cut.

Replace your O2 sensor, reset the ECU, go for a drive then check your codes again.
RobCrezz

Post by RobCrezz »

Marf wrote:25 means your O2 sensor is bu88ered

34 means you hit the fuel cut, which would explain the flat spot you hit. This code doesnt necesarily mean anything is wrong, just that you hit fuel cut.

Replace your O2 sensor, reset the ECU, go for a drive then check your codes again.

Yeah, fuel cut is more likely in the cold as the air is more dense.

Do you have a boost controller?
daveslater3110

Post by daveslater3110 »

Hey guys thanks for replies.

Its a Rev2 tubby, only mods ive got are, HKS induction kit, oil catch can, and 5mm black magnecors (with standard king lead) oh and a gutted cat too.

Yeah me mate said to reset the ECU, heading over there now, he also said that it could be a burst pipe somewhere leading to the turbo, coursing high pressure which lead to the fuel cut and lack of power/hesitating.

Ill let you know the results!

Dave.

Return to “Mechanical”