[Mk2 Generic] Adjusting side windows

Anything and everything to do with mechanical issues with your Mk2

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

jim

[Mk2 Generic] Adjusting side windows

Post by jim »

has anyone tried adjusting the door window glass on a MK2 Tbar?

I've been looking at the directions on the online BGB, and it all looks simple enough, and sure enough I can adjust the angle it runs at with the door open, but when you close the door, the whole glass assembly seems to get pushed out and away from the weatherstrips. Also the window upper stops seem to pull the glass in as it closes.

Has anyone had any success with this?
jonb-

Re: [Mk2 Generic] Adjusting side windows

Post by jonb- »

I looked at doing this on my tintop as when the drivers side window was replaced it doesn't mate properly top left (from the outside) which results in annoying wind noise. The BGB made it look horribly complex and after speaking with someone who know's 2's very well, he agreed and told me it was a nightmare job.
Lewis Jay

Window Nightmares

Post by Lewis Jay »

Have done this job on my 91 N/A T-bar. The best advice I could give is to just keep trying, it took me ages to get it lined properly ](*,) !!!
phild

Re: [Mk2 Generic] Adjusting side windows

Post by phild »

yep, it is a black art.
Best bet is after taking the door card off, you will see (if I remember) some adjustment bolts on both runners. Be carefull when you wind the window in to make a tighter fit that you don't over wind and slam the glass into the body. As said previously, it will take a bit of time to get right.

Return to “Mechanical”