Bayonetta - PS3 fans look away

Is the PS3 better than a C64, all in here

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

SamUK

Bayonetta - PS3 fans look away

Post by SamUK »

Anyone been following this game?

Its pretty much a new devil may cry and i love those games!

IGN have given it a 9.5 so it cant be too shabby.

Unfortunately for PS3 owners, the PS version is meant to be pretty crappy.

Theyve removed a level as the framerate was so bad. #-o

360 runs at 60fps though :D

Id post some vids but my net is running like crap.

Heres the IGN review though.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/105/1056885p1.html
Rev 3 GTS
JayUK91

Re: Bayonetta - PS3 fans look away

Post by JayUK91 »

Gah! I hate it when they use the 360 as the development platform! Why can't they just learn to harness the power of the mighty PS3!!

Sorry...the fanboy in me just escaped...
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

Famitsu agrees, hence the perfect score for the 360 but not for the PS3. I'm tempted by this I must admit, but only because it'll keep me going until ME2 comes out.
SamUK

Post by SamUK »

JayUK91 wrote:Gah! I hate it when they use the 360 as the development platform! Why can't they just learn to harness the power of the mighty PS3!!

360 has the highest software attachment rate of all the consoles so it makes sense.

For now anyway. All you PS3 owners buy too many blurays lol.
Rev 3 GTS
michael

Post by michael »

I have both consoles now so I can choose when this happens, too busy on Forza though, I'll pick it up used next year :)
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

JayUK91 wrote:Gah! I hate it when they use the 360 as the development platform! Why can't they just learn to harness the power of the mighty PS3!!

I reckon a few reasons. 1 is that it'a apparently harder to develop games for the PS3. 2 if they did that and used all of the PS3 "power" it might leave them unable to put it out on the 360, which would cost them an awful lot of sales.
Andy Jones

Post by Andy Jones »

The framerate on the demo was appauling, SEGA basically went here you go that's the best we can do and it won't do them any favours. Other devs have been supposedly helping them out with the PS3 version ..... Didn't do a very good job then (suspects they used EA Sports division) :mrgreen:

Check out the PS3 Dante's Inferno demo instead, That's how to write for the PS3 :) Complete rip-off of God of War but this is serious competition for God of War III.
Engine rebuilt by: Steve Horrocks & Andy Jones
Engine mapped by: Ryan@2bartuning (330 bhp & 325 lbft @ 1.4 bar)
Current Status: F****D :(
JohnnyC

Post by JohnnyC »

Andy Jones wrote:Check out the PS3 Dante's Inferno demo instead, That's how to write for the PS3 :) Complete rip-off of God of War but this is serious competition for God of War III.

Very impressed with that demo.
Except I don't like that type of game.

But incredible visuals, and full 60FPS :thumleft:
SamUK

Post by SamUK »

Downloaded both the demos today for 360 but havent had a chance to try them yet.
Rev 3 GTS
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

Andy Jones wrote:The framerate on the demo was appauling, SEGA basically went here you go that's the best we can do and it won't do them any favours. Other devs have been supposedly helping them out with the PS3 version ..... Didn't do a very good job then (suspects they used EA Sports division) :mrgreen:

Check out the PS3 Dante's Inferno demo instead, That's how to write for the PS3 :) Complete rip-off of God of War but this is serious competition for God of War III.

i downloaded that played for about 20mins and got bored, as u say its just a complete rip off of god of war only it seemed less fun lol
if you want a real game, get fairytail fights :thumleft: lol :lol:
Andy Jones

Post by Andy Jones »

You got bored of Dante's Inferno after 20 mins but purchased Fairytale Fights #-o :lol:

Play.com have FTF up for £17.99, If they moved the decimal point between the 1 & 7 it "might" be worth considering :D
Andy Jones

Post by Andy Jones »

JohnnyC wrote:Except I don't like that type of game.

I don't normally TBH, Borrowed Devil May Cry 4, Wolverine, Prince of Persia, Heavenly Sword, Overlord II, Brutal Legend to name a few off mates and got bored with them all very quickly ..... Button Bashers!!!
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

lol nah fairy tail fights is just a good laugh to play for 20mins when ur bored etc not a serious game at all. im not much of a hack n slash fan, ive had the god of war collection for a while but not even put it in my ps3 yet lol
Andy Jones

Post by Andy Jones »

I bought The Last Guy to kill a few mins every now and again when they dropped it under £4 but that's just frustratingly difficult/annoying ](*,)

Really enjoyed the story behind the GOW's but thre challenge of the titans you have to finish afterwards are taking the 'kin peas :evil: Pads get thrown :lol:
SamUK

Post by SamUK »

H3RB wrote:
Andy Jones wrote:The framerate on the demo was appauling, SEGA basically went here you go that's the best we can do and it won't do them any favours. Other devs have been supposedly helping them out with the PS3 version ..... Didn't do a very good job then (suspects they used EA Sports division) :mrgreen:

i downloaded that played for about 20mins and got bored, as u say its just a complete rip off of god of war only it seemed less fun lol
if you want a real game, get fairytail fights :thumleft: lol :lol:

Surely GOW is a rip off of Devil May Cry just like Dantes Inferno and Bayonetta.

From what ive seen of Bayonetta its definately taken DMC as its influence. Not GOW.

The latter 2 have people from the DMC teams working on them though so hardly a suprise.

I might finally get to try them out myself tonight.
Rev 3 GTS
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

@ sam i was talking about dantes inferno, i have no intention on downloading or playing bayonetta read about it when it was first announced and watched a few vids but just dont tickle my pickle.
god of war is more fun the devil may cry, i LOVED DMC1 but number 2 3 and 4 were not very good.
now one game id love to have a remake of is onimusha one and 2.
SamUK

Post by SamUK »

Played them both last night and pretty dissapointed.

Bayonetta was ok but i couldnt see what was going on it was that fast :shock:

Dont know if thats just me.

Dantes Inferno i thought was terrible and not even in the same league as GOW, DMC or NG.

@ herb ive always loved DMC. The last one was awesome. Great story too IMO.

Might just buy that for cheap for my combo fix.
Rev 3 GTS
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

Bayonetta is utterly superb. It's like DMC4 but without the crap bits and polished up to a beautiful shine. There are points where I have no idea what's going on, and yet I really don't care as I'm still having fun and it all gels together wonderfully.

Love it :thumleft:
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

Is it another one like Prototype, IE button mashing, viewed from about 37 miles away, lots of cut scenes and far too much random wondering around?
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

Yes, no, yes, no. You'd hate it, everyone else should buy it as it's just about as perfect as these games get.

You don't have to button mash these games you know, as there are combos within them that you're supposed to learn. Just like any beat -em up, really.

Return to “Games Consoles”