Johnny G's 3.4 litre V6 Turbo

V6? V8? TDI? Discussion and technical advice for engine transplants inc. 5SFE & 5SGTE builds. Not for N/A to Turbo, or Rev1/2 to 3+ conversions.
Project and build threads welcome.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

jimGTS

Re: Johnny G's 3.4 litre V6 Turbo

Post by jimGTS »

quite mental
:pale:

\:D/
Johnny G

Post by Johnny G »

Cheers Jim! The whole thing is a credit to Paul Woods.
3.4ltr V6 Turbo. Built by Woodsport. Controlled by Syvecs, mapped by Ryan. 420bhp @ 0.7bar from 2400rpm
pistol pete

Post by pistol pete »

Johnny G wrote:

Paul Woods? Not bad at all mate! He's the only one who'll ever touch my cars - and that includes the Supra, which is what I might start on next!

lexus 4ltr v8 twin turbo??? :thumleft: :thumleft:

or challenge him with a viper v10
Johnny G

Post by Johnny G »

Black Beast Pistol wrote:
Johnny G wrote:

Paul Woods? Not bad at all mate! He's the only one who'll ever touch my cars - and that includes the Supra, which is what I might start on next!

lexus 4ltr v8 twin turbo??? :thumleft: :thumleft:

or challenge him with a viper v10

Lexus has been done before
Viper engine is too wide ;)
3.4ltr V6 Turbo. Built by Woodsport. Controlled by Syvecs, mapped by Ryan. 420bhp @ 0.7bar from 2400rpm
Rab555

Post by Rab555 »

That is incredible mate, I'm not the most technically minded but the workmanship looks fantastic, great read too.

Hope it all goes well 8) :thumleft:
Johnny G

Post by Johnny G »

Rab555 wrote:That is incredible mate, I'm not the most technically minded but the workmanship looks fantastic, great read too.

Hope it all goes well 8) :thumleft:

Cheers, the full build thread - with banter - is all on TwoBrutal
marc GT Turbo

Post by marc GT Turbo »

amazing :shock: credit to all involved :mrgreen: it must sound like an untamed beast ! this weather must be doing your nut in :lol: how long until we have dry roads and you can get some miles in the bag ](*,) i really am looking forward to seeing this in the flesh asap :thumleft:
1993 GT TURBO
Johnny G

Post by Johnny G »

marc GT Turbo wrote:amazing :shock: credit to all involved :mrgreen: it must sound like an untamed beast ! this weather must be doing your nut in :lol: how long until we have dry roads and you can get some miles in the bag ](*,) i really am looking forward to seeing this in the flesh asap :thumleft:

It's getting right on my boobs mate! There's 2000 more rpm to come from it and a lot more boost!!!

Realistically, it's going to be a few weeks at least. Maybe up to 2 months!
marc GT Turbo

Post by marc GT Turbo »

i can understand that ! perfection takes time :thumleft: what will the engine rev up to safely under boost ? or is this still estimates ?
1993 GT TURBO
Johnny G

Post by Johnny G »

marc GT Turbo wrote:i can understand that ! perfection takes time :thumleft: what will the engine rev up to safely under boost ? or is this still estimates ?

Well, the stock engine was only made for 5500rpm, being a truck engine - but I had the head massively worked on. Porting, cams, valves, shimless bucket conversion - so it's ok for 8000rpm now, but I'll take it to 7500rpm.

Then boost will be determined by whatever Ryan G from 2BarTuning thinks is safe.
splintermcinnes

Post by splintermcinnes »

Hi Johnny.

Great to see ya back in posetion of you car again! good to be back in an MR2 again?? :mrgreen: :twisted: haha.

Been a long time comming but what an awsome awsome final product. Loving the body work too. the little things too like the blended front wing into the skirt, love that!

Big credit to all. Job boxed... Nearly! :thumleft:
CosmosblueMR2 wrote:
matt_mr2t wrote:I had a girlfriend for 4 months and she never even came in my room lol.

practice then mate - they make funny noises when they do :oldtongue:
BiGWiLlYsTyLe

Post by BiGWiLlYsTyLe »

Johnny G wrote:
BiGWiLlYsTyLe wrote:That car looks absolutely awesome!!

What Bhp are you expecting?? :-k

Not a clue!
It's all about the delivery for me, not the peak figure. Should be north of 500bhp though.

Awesome....

Hope you're keeping it out of the snow! :shock:
Johnny G

Post by Johnny G »

splintermcinnes wrote:Hi Johnny.

Great to see ya back in posetion of you car again! good to be back in an MR2 again?? :mrgreen: :twisted: haha.

Been a long time comming but what an awsome awsome final product. Loving the body work too. the little things too like the blended front wing into the skirt, love that!

Big credit to all. Job boxed... Nearly! :thumleft:

Cheers, Matt. Long road and all that - worth the wait, though! Looks better than a TRD kit IMO, so maybe that Neo's experience was a blessing in disguise, I've something much more unique and special - like those 10 a penny TRD's :lol:

BiGWiLlYsTyLe wrote:
Awesome....

Hope you're keeping it out of the snow! :shock:

It's nicely tucked up - next to the Supra, away from the nasty snow!
marc GT Turbo

Post by marc GT Turbo »

Johnny G wrote:
marc GT Turbo wrote:i can understand that ! perfection takes time :thumleft: what will the engine rev up to safely under boost ? or is this still estimates ?

Well, the stock engine was only made for 5500rpm, being a truck engine - but I had the head massively worked on. Porting, cams, valves, shimless bucket conversion - so it's ok for 8000rpm now, but I'll take it to 7500rpm.

Then boost will be determined by whatever Ryan G from 2BarTuning thinks is safe.

i cant wait to just hear this :thumleft:
1993 GT TURBO
Elfman

Post by Elfman »

I saw this in the flesh when i was at woodsport during summer. MY GOD it's a beast! when johnny says the turbo's huge he means HUGE it looked bigger than my head!

Amazing built mate! you got any bhp figures yet? It'll be a monster at high boost.
-XBL- ElfmanJDM
BiGWiLlYsTyLe

Post by BiGWiLlYsTyLe »

Elfman wrote:I saw this in the flesh when i was at woodsport during summer. MY GOD it's a beast! when johnny says the turbo's huge he means HUGE it looked bigger than my head!

Sh*t it must be huge if its bigger than your head!! :lol:
Elfman

Post by Elfman »

BiGWiLlYsTyLe wrote:
Elfman wrote:I saw this in the flesh when i was at woodsport during summer. MY GOD it's a beast! when johnny says the turbo's huge he means HUGE it looked bigger than my head!

Sh*t it must be huge if its bigger than your head!! :lol:

my heads distinctly average sized i'll have you know you flouncy bu88er :P
-XBL- ElfmanJDM
Johnny G

Post by Johnny G »

Amazing built mate! you got any bhp figures yet? It'll be a monster at high boost.

It'll support larger turbos - anything that comes with a T4 flange really :)
timlowthian

Post by timlowthian »

That is awsome there isnt really anything else to say! Hats off to all that was involved in the build!

Settled my mind though when ive saved the money woodsport will be the people i see to get converted to a v6
Johnny G

Post by Johnny G »

timlowthian wrote:That is awsome there isnt really anything else to say! Hats off to all that was involved in the build!

Settled my mind though when ive saved the money woodsport will be the people i see to get converted to a v6

Cheers :)
Woodsport really are the only ones to consider with the conversions :)

Return to “MR2 Engine Swaps”