Lips on Xbox - Mic delay

Is the PS3 better than a C64, all in here

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

cantfindausername

Lips on Xbox - Mic delay

Post by cantfindausername »

I bought this game when we first got the xbox a few weeks ago, and was massively disappointed to hear there was a delay between singing and the sound coming out the speakers. I hadn't set up LIVE at that point and I'm wondering if the patches that are available for it will address the issue?

Anyone else have lips on xbox and either suffer with or managed to get round this problem?

Thanks,
Ant
***RIP Car13 ***
*** Now in an Evo ***
Martian_333

Re: Lips on Xbox - Mic delay

Post by Martian_333 »

Have you tried different inputs, such as HDMI (if u have the elite xbox), component, scart etc?

Is it better without the internet connected (wireless // wired off)??

That sounds really annoying :?

Could also try installing the game on the hard one
cantfindausername

To be honest I didn't really know much about what I was doing at the time.

I tried (from memory) the following

HDMI to TV = Delay
HDMI to TV, L&R rca to external amp = Delay

However, for some reason I dont remember trying the old 3 plug AV cable directly into the TV.

Also I hadn't done any updates from Live, and I believe that a patch includes some syncing options now.

It was massivly annoying as we love our singing games when we've had a drink. Gonna see if they have it in store later on and try it again with the updates. If its still crap then I'll be taking it back, again.
***RIP Car13 ***
*** Now in an Evo ***
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

There's a delay on Singstar on the PS3 too, much bigger than there ever was on the PS2 unfortunately :(

There'll always be some kind of a delay as the game has to process what you're singing (what note and what key) before passing it out of the speakers.
Azz

Post by Azz »

Try singing like Bruce Lee :thumleft:
cantfindausername

ekona wrote:There's a delay on Singstar on the PS3 too, much bigger than there ever was on the PS2 unfortunately :(

There'll always be some kind of a delay as the game has to process what you're singing (what note and what key) before passing it out of the speakers.

Strange thing is that the PS2 singstar has developed the same thing, so its gotta be to do with the HD tv.
***RIP Car13 ***
*** Now in an Evo ***
RobCrezz

Post by RobCrezz »

cantfindausername wrote:
ekona wrote:There's a delay on Singstar on the PS3 too, much bigger than there ever was on the PS2 unfortunately :(

Strange thing is that the PS2 singstar has developed the same thing, so its gotta be to do with the HD tv.

Yup some tvs have delay. Thats why you can calibrate the delay with games like Guitar hero.
cantfindausername

From what I've read, some of the updates put a delay configuration manager on the game. Not gonna risk it for now though. Singstar is more than enough fun when drunk :lol:
***RIP Car13 ***
*** Now in an Evo ***
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

When ever I've seen people "singing" on these games it seems like you sing into the mic and the voice of the original artist comes out of the speakers if you get it "right"

Which just resulted in 2 voices, out of time and the song sounding like my ears are dying a horrible painful death.

Are they all like this? Or are there ones when you sing and YOUR voice alone comes out of the speakers?
cantfindausername

Singstar, your voice comes out over the speakers. You can adjust the volume so you are louder/quieter than the soundtrack.

Never heard of one like you've described, but not really played anything other than singstar on PS2.
***RIP Car13 ***
*** Now in an Evo ***
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

The Guitar Hero games and Rock Band games do that. My neices were playing one on the Wii over Christmas that did it.

All you are left with is the very, very bad voice of the person singing clashing horribly and out of time with the voice being generated and played over the game.

It's a genuinely horrible experience being in the room with it.
cantfindausername

Nah singstar isn't like that at all. Its a really good laugh, and being a non singer myself, even I get up and have a bash after a few bevvies. :thumleft:

Its probaly a good job it doesn't work on the xbox as I don't think operating that when drunk would be a good idea.
***RIP Car13 ***
*** Now in an Evo ***

Return to “Games Consoles”