[Mk2] [NA] mk2 na mods

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

ldavies

[Mk2] [NA] mk2 na mods

Post by ldavies »

Hi all this has probably been covered but cant quite find what im looking for, I have a mk2 rev3 1994 uk spec gt tbar ,looking to modify engine to coax a little more power from it, what is the best way to do it, what works best, I was thinking of a pair of fast road cams, chip ,induction and exhaust inc manifold, standard engine is supposed to make 170bhp+ looking to try and get it up to 200 ish, looked into turbo conversion but well over £1000 using second hand rev1/2 bits .

Thanks.
dazzz

Re: [Mk2] [NA] mk2 na mods

Post by dazzz »

You should go for a full rev3 turbo conversion with full TD05 turbo kit.

:thumleft:
fearless

Post by fearless »

without spending a hell of a lot of money not much available, go turbo or the popular choice at the moment the v6 route. :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:
she's all comming together nicely now after a fair bit of cash spent, not bad for just an n/a now for some body kit i think.
.jambo.

Post by .jambo. »

bike carbs throttle bodies??? anyone done this yet?????

i have just fitted a rev4 engine to my rev1 and am going for the nos route
with 100bhp jets with a controller. throttle in a bottle yeeeee haaaa :D

would love carbs or something like that though seems not to be done in the mr2 scene that much though :)
ashley

Post by ashley »

TB's I understand, but why would you want to revert to carb's from fuel injection??

NA tuning is just so expensive to get real results, comparatively speaking a turbo transplant makes more sense in terms of gain per £ spent.

It's a shame, I'd love a full on NA MR2 but man it would cost so much to do and wouldn't be as powerful as a tubby still...although I reckon it would be more fun on the track :wink:
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

Think the best NA tuning build was probably Dale_V's (until it blew up!)

See http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=99601

Edit: Damn, looks like he's taken all the pics down :(
IMOC-UK - the only club to win 'Best Club Stand' at JAE more than once, and twice in a row!
craig

Post by craig »

toxo wrote:Think the best NA tuning build was probably Dale_V's (until it blew up!)

See http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=99601

Edit: Damn, looks like he's taken all the pics down :(

Yeah it was awesome while it lasted, but the quest for power should really start with a turbo engine or V6 Turbo :twisted:

Return to “Modifications”