no more Toyodiy.com

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

BLZ-8027

no more Toyodiy.com

Post by BLZ-8027 »

Dont know if this has already been mentiond but

"Long story short.....

Toyodiy.com used to have the exact same diagrams as the dealers but for pretty much every Toyota/Lexus product in the world. You could click on the photos and get part numbers that were always accurate.

The corporate goons at Toyota bullied the ISP host and the site shut down entirely for 2 days but it came back on the 6th without the diagrams.

Here is a link to the site and explaination from them:

http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/

Here is a link to Toyota customer service:

http://toyota.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/toyo ... ercept.php

Mail toyota and complain

http://www.mr2.com/forums/general-mr2-d ... -back.html
Charged
IMOC Committee

Re: no more Toyodiy.com

Post by Charged »

Thanks for posting this up.. I have emailed Toyota, here's hoping that they will listen!

Funnily enough, it was actually a chap who works for Toyota parts who told me to check some part numbers on toyodiy.com and then confiorm them back to him
If you can't see the angle, you're in trouble.
BLZ-8027

Post by BLZ-8027 »

Its a shame it was a good site for reference ,the part numbers are still there but its not the same when you cant do a visual check as for what you need
JohnnyC

Post by JohnnyC »

BLZ-8027 wrote:Its a shame it was a good site for reference ,the part numbers are still there but its not the same when you cant do a visual check as for what you need
You've still got more chance of getting the right part than Toyota Parts Dept. :mrgreen:
Jhiss

Post by Jhiss »

This site is still working for the moment.
Here is an exemple :
http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/g_U_1993_T ... ZZA_1.html

Time to make copies of the pictures you need ..
BLZ-8027

Post by BLZ-8027 »

No diagrams though ??
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

Ollie@SkyInsurance wrote:Funnily enough, it was actually a chap who works for Toyota parts who told me to check some part numbers on toyodiy.com and then confiorm them back to him

Same here, he was like "oh I dunno if you know about this site but it's dead good cause it's easier to use than the EPC software" and I said I'd avoided telling him about it because Toyota always shut them down :?
IMOC-UK - the only club to win 'Best Club Stand' at JAE more than once, and twice in a row!
Jhiss

Post by Jhiss »

BLZ-8027 wrote:No diagrams though ??

I do still have diagrams of all the parts :-k
redmr89

Post by redmr89 »

redmr89

Post by redmr89 »

BLZ-8027

Post by BLZ-8027 »

Jhiss wrote:
BLZ-8027 wrote:No diagrams though ??

I do still have diagrams of all the parts :-k

Save all of them
RST

Post by RST »

toyodiy is the only site I found easy to use and more importantly it had the right part numbers on it. They might as well just shut it down without the pictures.

I E-Mailed Toyota, here's the reply...
Thank you for contacting Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc.

We are sensitive to the opinions of our customers.

We apologize that you are unable to locate parts and diagrams on a non-Toyota website, TOYODIY.com

Technical information for Toyota vehicles sold in the U.S. is available through our authorized web site https://techinfo.toyota.com for a nominal fee.
...so they don't seem to know how this site worked. The 2 dealers I use are hopeless for parts unless you tell them exact numbers. Ordered many thousands of pounds worth of new parts over last 3 1/2 years -this is a real blow for me.
Steve-O 2007

Post by Steve-O 2007 »

Im ripping that other site to harddrive now just incase they remove that as well!!
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

They won't remove the ayrpark one, for starters it's outside of their juristiction (sp) as it's not hosted in the states, secondly it's been there for *years* and they've never batted an eyelid, and thirdly it's small fry to them as it only covers MR2s...

It's a shame the ayrpark one is not presented in such a user friendly and convenient way as toyodiy was, and contains no pricing information (however vague it was).

I for one had also been using toyodiy for other types of cars too, including Lexus parts... :(

Edit: Toyota have launched a subscription based European parts catalogue, as well as the US one mentioned in RST's post above:
http://techdoc.toyota-europe.com/

Only €2400 a year!!
IMOC-UK - the only club to win 'Best Club Stand' at JAE more than once, and twice in a row!
Marf

Post by Marf »

Someone needs to host the files somewhere like Russia, the Philpines or somewhere like that.
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

If I can get hold of them I'm quite happy to host them. My domain registry is in Western Samoa and the servers that host the files are buried in a basement at my old work, unlikely to ever get any comeback from it.
Steve-O 2007

Post by Steve-O 2007 »

Contact the Toyodiy guys, Im sure they will have a backup of it that they can send you

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”