rogue trader: mottram trade sales

We all need a little help or parts for our cars from time to time. Let us know who has helped. Please read the sticky before posting.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

chr15_84t3

rogue trader: mottram trade sales

Post by chr15_84t3 »

dont know whether this is in the right section or whether it will be much good to the people on the forum, but hopefully it will stop someone wasting their time/money like my friend and i have.

www.mottramtradesales.co.uk

my friend had sold her focus rs to buy a more family orientated car. found a car on autotrader from theses guys.

the bloke is an extremely dishonest trader with a bad attitude. the car was described as very good condition with one minor dent on a passenger door. when we arrived there the car was soaking wet despite being stored inside, seemingly to hide the fact that there were dents in several other places, scratches and scuffs, and worst of all the rear tyres are barely legal. he said the tyres would not be changed for new ones before the car was sold.

anyone looking to buy the car would need to buy two new rear tyres immediately or risk 6 points and a fine.

he then tried to steal a further £200 off her debit card (under the pretence of refunding our deposit) for apparently "wasting his time". this is despite us travelling from north wales to the far side of manchester to find the car was not as described.

the police have already been informed of this, my advice, steer well clear.

www.mottramtradesales.co.uk

this is advertised on pistonheads as well. like i say, i dont know whether this will help anyone on here but hopefully it will.

thanks for reading all :)
chr15_84t3

Re: rogue trader: mottram trade sales

Post by chr15_84t3 »

Trading standards will be informed as well tiamat. i have reported him to autotrader, where we found the ad, and this is being copied on several other car forums to warn others as well.

another point to make is that because my friend gave him her debit card details for the deposit, the bank said there was nothing they could do to stop payments going out. if something was taken, it was a civil matter to claim it back. however it would have easier to stop/claim back if it had been on a credit card. so probably best for people to use credit card details with this sort of transaction
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Post by Martin F »

Only the OP and trader concerned are allowed to reply to trader feedback posts as it states in the rules,

If anyone other than the OP, trader concerned or a Mod/Admin posts - their posts will be deleted

Can we therefore please adhere to them

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=94989
mottramtradesale

Post by mottramtradesale »

this is a reply from mottram trade sales i have just been informed about what has been posted on this site about my company and i have to say chris_bate just didnt like being told what a time waster he and his friends were after i'd sat and waited for them to turn up on a saturday night.the car was nearly 7 years old and done 118k and was in good condition for the ages miles and price.i'd alredy discounted the car which was alresdy very cheap by£200 over the phone chris_bates and friends even said they would buy the car if i knocked a further £100 of the price of the car.i was well within my rites to keep there deposit as i could of sold the car 10 times over in the coupe of days i was holding for them and infact did sell it the very next day for the full asking price to a very happy and satisfied customer who said what a nice car it was and how well it drove.i think chris needs to take a long hard look at the piece of xxxx!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! mr2 he is driving around in before he starts posting mesages
chr15_84t3

Post by chr15_84t3 »

Yawn! How childish bringing my car into it. How you know know what my car looks like, and what that has to do with the car you tried to sell my friend i dont know. Of course due to the fact i own an MR2, that makes me completely unqualified to comment on the condition of any other cars or even post on an MR2 owners club forum :roll:

As you've mentioned it though, with regards to my MR2, like i said to you at the time, its nearly 20 years old, has done over 130k miles and the bodywork is in better condition than that car. It has less dents, less scratches, tread on all 4 tyres etc so i dont really understand how my car is "a piece of (profanity)" compared to the one you tried to sell my friend.

But this isnt really about my car is it? It's about you not being honest on the advert and the phone and telling my friend about the dents, scuffs and scratches, and the barely legal tyres.

You waited for us to turn up on a saturday night?? That's a bit of an exaggeration there as well, in my opinion 5:30pm is early evening. You make it sound like we didnt get there till 10pm. My phone call and text records show we left around 6pm.

Of course my friends tried to knock you down, the price of 2 good 18" tyres, because the rears would need replacing immediately, like i said in my original post. Oh, and i've asked around and its seems you were wrong when you told us that all traders sell cars with nearly bald tyres instead of putting new ones on. Even as a private seller i would make the effort to put new ones on or tell the potential customer that they would need replacing almost immediately. Maybe i'm a mug, or maybe thats the way it should be.

We are not the timewasters. Like i said to you on the day, you're the one who wasted our time. You told us the car was in good condition apart from one dent on the door, and within 10 minutes of seeing the car we'd found plenty more problems.

It cost us all 6 hours of our day for the trip up there, plus petrol, all because you failed to mention all the other faults. The other thing to consider is: If you failed to mention the ones we could see with a quick look around the car, what had you neglected to tell us about the stuff we couldnt see? Anything? Nothing? How can we tell? Which i why i told them to forget it and walk away.

In terms of the "deposit" that never was, you are not entitled to it, at all. The deposit was part of a verbal contract formed when you told my friend the car was in good condition. If we had got there and it was in good condition, but she changed her mind and didnt like the colour, you may have been entitled to it. The situation was though... she didn't like bald tyres, dents, scuffs and scratches and cracked foglight, and you had failed to mention these at any point to my friends beforehand. You were advertising the car with misleading information. As this was done through an internet advert i'm pretty sure distance selling regulations come into force then, and as the consumer we have the right to cancel a transation within 7 days anyway. The fortunate thing about this is that you weren't able to take the money off her card so my friend didnt have to waste more time claiming it back through the small claims court.

I stand by the comments in my original post, the car was advertised in a misleading way, both on the advert and over the phone, and the wording in your post shows your bad attitude in my opinion.

If you had been honest about all the faults, my friend wouldn't have bothered with the car, you could have sold it to any one of the other people who were interested in it, we'd have saved our time and money and everyone would have been happy, instead of having all this hassle.
mottramtradesale

Post by mottramtradesale »

i told your friends the car was in good condition for the age and miles which it was they had a £200 discount before seeing the car they cant then expext me to replace tyres that are legal.you say i miss advertised the car this isnt true the car was what i said it was and if it was in such bad condition why did your friends still want to buy it if i knocked a further £100 off you were just a buch of TYER KICKING chancers trying to get something for nothing just didnt like being told to go away and stop wasting my time.i have been in the car trade for over ten years and know a good car when i see one i've sold hundreds off cars to people from all over the country and 99% off the time they are very happy with the cars the other 1% if they have a problem with the car i would pay for it to be fixed if it was still covered under the warranty.you say i'm a rouge trader well your friends were rouge customers and there's a saying in the car job BUYERS ARE LIERS!!! and i think this discribes you and your friends perfectly.i sold yhe car the next day fo the full price so it couldnt of been in bad condition like you say.your friends missed out on a good car at a very good price and i'm glad i didnt sell it to them i'd rather sell a car to decent honest people who apreciate a good deal when they see one.o and yes your mr2 is an old piece of xxxx there probably isn't any dents on it because its been resprayed probably a few times over but if its in such good condition like you say i'll give you £200 for it........HAHAHA BET YOU FELL LIKE YOU'VE REALLY MADE IT IN LIFE DRIVING AROUND IN IT BET IT MAKES YOU WISH YOU'D TRYED A BIT HARDER A SCHOOL......IF I HAD TO RESORT TO DRIVING AROUND IN AN OLD BANGER LIKE THAT I THINK IT WOULD BE TIME TO THROW MYSELF OFF A BRIDGE....WHAT A BUCH LOSERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Post by Martin F »

marty1 wrote:Only the OP and trader concerned are allowed to reply to trader feedback posts as it states in the rules,

If anyone other than the OP, trader concerned or a Mod/Admin posts - their posts will be deleted

Can we therefore please adhere to them

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=94989

Can we please keep to this forums rules, i'm getting tired of having to remove posts that shouldn't have been posted, please...
chr15_84t3

Post by chr15_84t3 »

Well your definition of "good condition" for a 6 year old car is cleary not the same as any of ours, "fair condition" would be a better description.

Dent on passenger door
Cracked fog light
Scuffed and scratched front bumper
Scuffed headlight
Dent on drivers door
Dent on roof
Dent on rear quarter
Rear tyres needing to be changed immediately

You can go on about how those tyres were "legal" to make it sound better, till you're blue in the face. Like i have said, they were barely legal. The passenger side rear was ON the wear indicator (the same height as the tread) and the drivers side rear was pretty much a cigarette paper thickness behind it.

All those faults listed in red should have been mentioned by you, beforehand, regardless of any price agreed/not agreed. Not mentioning them is misleading. I can't make it any clearer.

I'm not going to be drawn into a childish argument about my car as it has no relevance to this thread. The fact you seem so obsessed about it, to the point of swearing on the forum and using caps lock for a paragraph, just goes to prove my point of your bad attitude. You probably would have been better not replying because i can't see how your illiterate tantrums are doing your company image any good.

FAO Mod's: This Thread is probably better being locked. I am going to stand by everything i have said about my experience, as will the three others that were with me, and this guy clearly has no intention of apologising or contributing anything constructive. It'll only go round in circles :roll:
LimeyMk1
IMOC Committee

Post by LimeyMk1 »

Ok I've locked the thread as requested.

Return to “Trader Feedback”