Speedo converter help!

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

scotty1982

Speedo converter help!

Post by scotty1982 »

I fitted my speedo converter from ebay today along with my white dials.

It says to connect to the blue wire but it says to fit in the engine bay near the speedo sender. Where is it? I fitted behind the clocks and it is still reading and clocking in KM. Maby the blue wire bekind the clocks is for the boost gauge and not the speedo? Does anyone know as my boost gauge isnt working right and the speedo isnt converted????
scotty1982

Re: Speedo converter help!

Post by scotty1982 »

Doesnt anyone have any ideas on any part of this?
scotty1982

Post by scotty1982 »

OK ill make it a little simpler. I have removed it and the boost gauge is working again now.

SO does anyone know what colour the speedo sender wire is behind the dash? That is all i need to know. On a rev3 turbo
GTSAARON

Post by GTSAARON »

I think it is violet, maybe with a black or white stripe :) hth
scotty1982

Post by scotty1982 »

There are two violet wires. One solid and one with a stripe. I tryied the striped one and that just messes with the rev counter!
GTSAARON

Post by GTSAARON »

try the other mate, I am sure I spliced into a violet wire :)

Good luck!!
bobhatton

Post by bobhatton »

scotty1982 wrote:I fitted my speedo converter from ebay today along with my white dials.

It says to connect to the blue wire but it says to fit in the engine bay near the speedo sender. Where is it? I fitted behind the clocks and it is still reading and clocking in KM. Maby the blue wire bekind the clocks is for the boost gauge and not the speedo? Does anyone know as my boost gauge isnt working right and the speedo isnt converted????

It sound like your converter should be fitted at the speedo sender and not behind the speedo, then you may find the blue wire there.

Bob
Designer for turbo set ups on F1 cars, and Nitrous Oxide Systems of the USA in the 80s

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”