Quick question about the new hks ssqv3?

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

sticks

Quick question about the new hks ssqv3?

Post by sticks »

Right i want to buy one of these but when i looked on nengun i noticed they have already been discontinued.can anybody tell me why because there still alvailable on ebay and other places and i dont want to buy one if they are faulty r sumthin?cheers..

http://www.nengun.com/hks/super-sqv-3
Razor04

Re: Quick question about the new hks ssqv3?

Post by Razor04 »

looks like it's just the vechicle specific fitting kit that's discontinued, you can buy a the listed universal one and pick up a fitting bracket of the for sale section or ebay, usually one kicking about.
sticks

Post by sticks »

Razor04 wrote:looks like it's just the vechicle specific fitting kit that's discontinued, you can buy a the listed universal one and pick up a fitting bracket of the for sale section or ebay, usually one kicking about.

oh rite.the one i had on it was a before it snapped was this.. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MR2-HKS-BOV-RARE- ... 4149cbfaaa

will the newer versions of the ssqv fit the bracket from that do ya know??
Steve-O 2007

Post by Steve-O 2007 »

Yea The HKS Brackets / mounts all seem to be the same. I bought an Old HKS dump valve just for the mount and it fitted my SSQV.

Its just a C Clip holding it on
sticks

Post by sticks »

Steve-O 2007 wrote:Yea The HKS Brackets / mounts all seem to be the same. I bought an Old HKS dump valve just for the mount and it fitted my SSQV.

Its just a C Clip holding it on

perfect mate.that'l save me having to spend a fortune on an mr2 specific one.thanks..
Steve-O 2007

Post by Steve-O 2007 »

I dont think theres any difference mecahnically with that new SSQV3, I think its just a different shape because of all the copies that are out now of the past designs
timmomr2

Post by timmomr2 »

i got mine :) it arrived the other day. MR2 specific kit from JDMperformance.co.uk i think it came to £240 with a purple insirt and postage which seems to be cheaper than alot of places are selling the SSQV2 for. i also had the same problem with nengun discontinueing the part after i had paid for it
sticks

Post by sticks »

ya some places are still charging a fortune for the ssqv2.i got sorted anyway from a guy on ebay from the u.s with an mr2 specific ssqv3 for 207 euro delivered :D
Steve-O 2007

Post by Steve-O 2007 »

at least it will be genuine then, unless the guys making the copies have duplicated it already :shock:
sticks

Post by sticks »

Steve-O 2007 wrote:at least it will be genuine then, unless the guys making the copies have duplicated it already :shock:

ha!no its definatly genuine.this guy is very trustworthy.he has a great seller rating and i got a brand new power fc off him before so im 99.9% sure its genuine.
timmomr2

Post by timmomr2 »

they added a hologram to the ssqv 3 which is supposed to make it harder to copy so shouldnt be any copies out there yet.

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”