New to this site!

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

baron-lew

New to this site!

Post by baron-lew »

Hi guys I'm new to this site seen it mentioned a few times on mr2oc so thought I'd give it a go! I bought my first MR2 which is my currnt one back in March after sellingmy motorbike seeing the MR2 as a safer alternative to a bike! Also own an MGZT V6 as the family car.
My 2 is pretty standard apart from the wheels, tinted side repeaters, new CD player and waitin for an induction kit.
Its a 1998 REV 5 N/A just turned 84000 miles and just had it serviced.
Live in Biggleswade and Middlesbrough and work in Chelsea.
:thumleft: \:D/ :o
Pop up hedlamps rule!!
baron-lew

Re: New to this site!

Post by baron-lew »

Also anybody recomend a set of ignition leads that don't cost the earth!
Pop up hedlamps rule!!
craig

Post by craig »

Very nice matey :D

Welcome to IMOC, have fun with the MR2 :thumleft: :thumleft:
craig

Post by craig »

baron-lew wrote:Also anybody recomend a set of ignition leads that don't cost the earth!

oem leads are spot on :thumleft:
marc GT Turbo

Post by marc GT Turbo »

nice 8)
1993 GT TURBO
jill00babe

Post by jill00babe »

hi and welcome from me :D xx
Dale_V

Post by Dale_V »

welcome, looks a very clean car

baron-lew wrote:Also anybody recomend a set of ignition leads that don't cost the earth!

NGK from http://www.gtschris.com are a quality item
BiGWiLlYsTyLe

Post by BiGWiLlYsTyLe »

Nice looking car,you live not too far from me :thumleft:
baron-lew

Post by baron-lew »

THanks for the welcome peeps! I used to get the train from Darlington before work screwed me over and changed my shifts now I have to use my MR2 to drive back and forth between boro and bigglewade puttin unwanted miles on it as they have put me on a shift pattern that is always subject to change and can't book cheap tickets. Good that there is another local two see a couple around. Slowly doin things to my car but moneys tight as it is with evryone and my 3rd gear is startin to play up and want to get a couple of little rust spots sorted first! :lol:
Pop up hedlamps rule!!
baron-lew

Post by baron-lew »

Thanks Dale for the recomendation they looked good but I need ones for a N/A.
Pop up hedlamps rule!!
Quigonjay

Post by Quigonjay »

welcome to imoc 8)
Mike 'MR2' McHugh

Post by Mike 'MR2' McHugh »

I like it ! Welcome :thumleft:
It goes..Uhn tiss Uhn tiss Uhn tiss
Martin F

Post by Martin F »

welcome along :thumleft:
BiGWiLlYsTyLe

Post by BiGWiLlYsTyLe »

baron-lew wrote:THanks for the welcome peeps! I used to get the train from Darlington before work screwed me over and changed my shifts now I have to use my MR2 to drive back and forth between boro and bigglewade puttin unwanted miles on it as they have put me on a shift pattern that is always subject to change and can't book cheap tickets. Good that there is another local two see a couple around. Slowly doin things to my car but moneys tight as it is with evryone and my 3rd gear is startin to play up and want to get a couple of little rust spots sorted first! :lol:

Hope you get it all sorted bud.

There a few few MR2's from around me also like gtech who knows alot about them so if you have any problems give him a shout :thumleft:
baron-lew

Post by baron-lew »

Cool cheers mate. Went to Halfords yesterday asked them how much for some plug leads and they said the cheapest were £118! Bosch were £137!!! :shock:
So still looking!
Got me spacers for the back just need to get round to fittin them, and just bought an induction kit and hopefully soon have crystal black side lamps but the couriers are tryin to screw me over! So think they are going back to the seller as they came the other day never knocked and just put a sorry we missed you note through the door as I heard it hit the floor! So I'm gonna get him to re-send using the royal mail.
Pop up hedlamps rule!!
BiGWiLlYsTyLe

Post by BiGWiLlYsTyLe »

baron-lew wrote:Cool cheers mate. Went to Halfords yesterday asked them how much for some plug leads and they said the cheapest were £118! Bosch were £137!!! :shock:
So still looking!
Got me spacers for the back just need to get round to fittin them, and just bought an induction kit and hopefully soon have crystal black side lamps but the couriers are tryin to screw me over! So think they are going back to the seller as they came the other day never knocked and just put a sorry we missed you note through the door as I heard it hit the floor! So I'm gonna get him to re-send using the royal mail.

What size spacers have you got bud? Are they Hubcentric?

Ahh i hate dealing with couriers,i had the same last week,i was in all day waiting for a delivery then i noticed a slip saying they had been! Not happy like.
baron-lew

Post by baron-lew »

Yeah well peeved mate gonna e-mail the seller again today! I bought the spacers from an MR2oc member £70 delivered, 10mm hubcentric and when my tyres are worn gonna get the wider ones that should be on the car! Just need to find time to jack the car up knock the old studs out and put the new ones in!
Pop up hedlamps rule!!
Steve Horrocks

Post by Steve Horrocks »

Hi bud, welcome to the club.
Nice looking car you got there :thumleft:
Rhiannan

Post by Rhiannan »

Welcome to IMOC :thumleft:

Loving a bit of the D in your avatar :mrgreen:
toxo

Post by toxo »

baron-lew wrote:Cool cheers mate. Went to Halfords yesterday asked them how much for some plug leads and they said the cheapest were £118! Bosch were £137!!! :shock:

Christ, they are cheaper than that from Toyota!! Toyota leads are fine for your application but usually people steer away from them because they think they are too expensive. In reality cheaper leads can lead to problems further down the line and don't always last as long... I'm amazed they wanted £137 for Bosch ones though!
IMOC-UK - the only club to win 'Best Club Stand' at JAE more than once, and twice in a row!

Return to “Member Profiles”