Lining the ST205 Charge Cooler up on a Rev2

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Steve-O 2007

Lining the ST205 Charge Cooler up on a Rev2

Post by Steve-O 2007 »

Just wondering how close do you need to get the Turbo intake pipe to line up with the turbo? I have got it close (about 5mm from perfect) but to get it closer it looks like I will need to slice a bit off the turbo intake pipe on the CC Core as it catches on the turbo.

As long as I can get the turbo to CC hose on and clamped down tight will I be ok? This is what its like now -

Would you just leave it like that or slice a bit off the cores intake pipe and bend it some more (I just dont want to fill the core with metal filings or risk bending too far and splitting it :( )?

Am I worrying about nothing? Looks good enough too me and Im quiet happy since its my first attempt at something like this on my own as well :D

Im guessing I wont loose any performance with it being 5mm off?

Thanks
-:[KM]:-

Re: Lining the ST205 Charge Cooler up on a Rev2

Post by -:[KM]:- »

:oops: I've just remembered who PMed me when I was on holiday! Sorry Steve...

The ones I've done in the past have always been a little misaligned. There's never been a problem. One of them did 403bhp, so it can't be too upsetting for the flow!

Have I redeemed myself? :whistle:
Steve-O 2007

Post by Steve-O 2007 »

lol Nearly ;)

Too Fully redeem yourself you can tell me which pipe on the core is the inlet and which is outlet :lol: :lol: :thumleft: hehe

Also is this right? -

-:[KM]:-

Post by -:[KM]:- »

Yup, that's it. It's almost as if the bosses on the gearbox were made for the CC pump too - shame I've got an oil filter on mine. #-o

As regarding the in & out on the core, in is nearest the bulkhead and out is nearest the boot lid. So the in takes the 'cold' from the radiator and the 'warm' feeds the pump.

:thumleft:

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”