Tubby vs E46 M3

Tales of driving experiences you have had.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

This post is:

Stupid
No votes

Total votes: 0

matt_mr2t

Re: Tubby vs E46 M3

Post by matt_mr2t »

It doesnt look like there's a lot of padding on the CSL seats.

IMO, after a few hours your gonna have a sore ar$e and back. They don't look adjustable either?
stiggy

Post by stiggy »

Lauren wrote:
matt_mr2t wrote:
It's everywhere else I would think they'd be a bit of a nightmare.
Imagine having to drive for a few hours to get TO a track. :-k

Why? They seemed pretty comfortable to me. Seats that help hold you in position when you are going for it are not necessarily uncomfortable on longer journeys. They are often more expensively designed seats that actually support you better.

I've got those bewinged recaros in my teg. They might look solely designed for serious driving but they are easily the most comfortable seats i've ever had in a car. So don't be deceived by the looks of a seat.

You must be a very, very small woman then! The recaros fitted to teg's are absolutely tiny! They're great on the twisty's after you manage to wedge yourself in, but both me and the driver were in agony after doing a 150 mile drive.

He's actually tempted to buy a new drivers seat.... it's that bad!
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

I can see them being a bit rough over long distances. You have to remember, Lauren doesnt care about comfort etc, it's all about the race track :thumleft:

Personally, I like comfort. Having suffered with back issues and being the most fidgety person ever in a traffic jam, being wedged in a barely padded race seat for long periods would probably give me a stress related heart attack or stroke!
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

matt_mr2t wrote:Image Replaced With URL For Quote http://www.grahamberry2.co.jp/stock/e88 ... %20087.jpg

I can see them being a bit rough over long distances. You have to remember, Lauren doesnt care about comfort etc, it's all about the race track :thumleft:

Personally, I like comfort. Having suffered with back issues and being the most fidgety person ever in a traffic jam, being wedged in a barely padded race seat for long periods would probably give me a stress related heart attack or stroke!

You are so wrong Matt, they are way, way better on long distance than any crappy OEM seats you get. I do care about comfort actually and unlike you I do venture out of my own county at times. :tongue: I've driven the Teg to the IOW and back, London, the seats are much better than the pandas in all honesty and any other car i've driven.

Stock MR2 seats are frankly rubbish IMO. MK2 seats are just as bad as MK1 they feel exactly the same. So having Recaro seats is infinitely better and preferable. I've owned 3 cars that came with Recaros as standard, with the best ones being the ones in the teg which are just excellent for comfort and support.

They are not badly padded at all. Recaro make the best seats in the world. They are much better orthopeadically than just about any seat you can get.
2020 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack :lover:
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

stiggy wrote:You must be a very, very small woman then! The recaros fitted to teg's are absolutely tiny! They're great on the twisty's after you manage to wedge yourself in, but both me and the driver were in agony after doing a 150 mile drive.

He's actually tempted to buy a new drivers seat.... it's that bad!

Pretty average i'd say, 5ft 5" 9 stone.

You have to sit in the seats properly though, that really helps. Or maybe lose a bit of weight? :tongue:
Marf

Post by Marf »

Lauren wrote:Stock MR2 seats are frankly rubbish IMO. MK2 seats are just as bad as MK1 they feel exactly the same

:lol:

Sorry Lauren but that is utter balls. The level of adjustability on a MK2(drivers) seat means that it can be adjusted to be comfortable for pretty much anyone. The adjustable lumbar support and bolster width is excellent.
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

Marf wrote:
Lauren wrote:Stock MR2 seats are frankly rubbish IMO. MK2 seats are just as bad as MK1 they feel exactly the same

Sorry Lauren but that is utter balls. The level of adjustability on a MK2(drivers) seat means that it can be adjusted to be comfortable for pretty much anyone. The adjustable lumbar support and bolster width is excellent.

2nd'd, but Lauren just looks for any excuse to have a dig at MR2's!
My tubby is THE most comfortable seat I have ever sat in, in a car. I've sat in Recaro's like those in the Integra, maybe a little more hardcore versions for longer than an hour and couldnt wait to get out. Been sat in the Mr2 for up to 3 hours before without so much as a twitch. :thumleft:
mr2nut123

Post by mr2nut123 »

Marf wrote:

The MK2 seats are one of the comfiest seats in ANY car nevermind bloody sports cars. It takes a lot for my mrs to agree with me too :roll: :lol:
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

Marf wrote::lol:

Your opinion fair enough. I don't rate the MR2 seats at all. No lateral support whatsoever. :-:

They have a lot of adjustment i'll give you that, but I'm no fan of them. Think the only ones which were okay were the MK1a seats.

It's not a dig at the mr2 i've just always thought the mr2 seats were poor for OEM seats.
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

mr2nut123 wrote:
The MK2 seats are one of the comfiest seats in ANY car nevermind bloody sports cars. It takes a lot for my mrs to agree with me too :roll: :lol:

Well if your Mrs agrees then that settles it I guess, I mean who am I to argue? :roll:
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

Lauren wrote:

Your opinion fair enough. I don't rate the MR2 seats at all. No lateral support whatsoever. :-:

They have a lot of adjustment i'll give you that, but I'm no fan of them. Think the only ones which were okay were the MK1a seats.

It's not a dig at the mr2 i've just always thought the mr2 seats were poor for OEM seats.

If the MR2 seats were OE in an Integra or a BMW you'd love them ;)
Marf

Post by Marf »

Lauren wrote:

No lateral support whatsoever. :-:

Really? I find winding bolsters right in holds me pretty securely in the seat. :-k
mr2nut123

Post by mr2nut123 »

Lauren wrote:
mr2nut123 wrote:

Well if your Mrs agrees then that settles it I guess, I mean who am I to argue? :roll:

lol :lol:
mr2nut123

Post by mr2nut123 »

matt_mr2t wrote:
Lauren wrote:

*tries not to laugh* ....... :lol:
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

matt_mr2t wrote:

I liked the recaros in the Super Edition. ;)

Decent seats (at last) in an MR2. :+:
stevenb

Post by stevenb »

I must say that my MR2 feels very stable at higher speeds...very composed and whistles round to these speeds effortlessly.

I admire the engineering/build quality of the M3...and especially the CSL.....but like all German cars to me....they are utterly characterless and dull. :(
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

Lauren wrote:
matt_mr2t wrote:

I liked the recaros in the Super Edition. ;)

Image Replaced With URL For Quote http://mr2.net/images/f227ovu/se_jae_03.jpg

Decent seats (at last) in an MR2. :+:

What, you mean the MR2 you owned so that means it's better than all the rest :lol:
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

matt_mr2t wrote:
What, you mean the MR2 you owned so that means it's better than all the rest :lol:

Ahh you seem to be making the mistake of thinking that I think like you do. :-:

Actually i'm not so insecure about my cars as to be able to take criticism because lets face it no car is perfect.
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

I like loads of cars, loads and loads :thumleft:

I probably like a hell of a lot more cars than you do in fact.

I think you missed what I was hitting on. The only MR2 you've ever gushed about is the mk1 that you had.
Every other MR2 you seem to take quite pride in puttin down for every thing possible. I'm pretty sure you'd suggest the thread distance on the wheel nuts of an Integra is better than that of a Tubby if it came up.
eatdrinkfeck

Post by eatdrinkfeck »

im not gonna gush about the mr2, but my rev2 had excellent (standard) seats.
i now drive a golf with leather heated seats and they dont even compare imo..

Return to “Driving Experiences”