JAE 2009 comments and reports

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

monkeymax

Re: JAE 2009 comments and reports

Post by monkeymax »

Thanks for the pics so far! I'll try to upload mine this week (I was gonna say there aren't many as I wasn't in a photographic mood and my battery was flat - but there's 54!! :-s ) and put them on here... Well, some of them. We all know what MR2s look like after all. (No people photos from me this year unfortunately).

I absolutely loved the social side of it though. I hardly saw any of the rest of the show - though I'd never planned to as I really just wanted to see people I'd not seen in a while. In that respect it was ace. :+: I reckon it was the best JAE I've been to - out of the 4 I've been to so far.

Highlights for me? Getting lost trying to get to the MR2 Village (I'd been misdirected at the entrance), parking up in the show & shine car park where there was only one other entrant, and being told I could enter if I wanted... :lol: So I did, having made absolutely no effort at all. Unfortunately another car joined and entered... still at least I came third! :lol: (Out of 3!!! :lol: :lol: ) Wait until I upload the photos of the other two - they were gleaming, mine... well, wasn't!! :lol:

What else? Staying up late and chatting with a few of the other guys - notably Ben, Jo and Chris (Mk1 Chris) as we ended up being (so it seemed given the lack of lights and noise elsewhere) the last awake... :lol: Oh, and Jo's dog making love to Ben's arm... :lol: Haribo Vodka... :+:

Awesome weekend. Huge thanks to Scott for all the organisation - you did an awesome job! :+: Many thanks also to Chris for sorting out the Mk1 club side of things. (I received my ticket nice and early!! :lol: )

Jim, were you in the tent that kept shouting at Danny on Saturday night? :lol: May have kept me up a bit (as well as the snoring from the other side) but it was really late when I finally hit the tent so I didn't have too much trouble sleeping! :lol:
Charged
IMOC Committee

Post by Charged »

jim-mapps wrote:Had a brilliant weekend, thanks to Scott and the team :thumleft:

Good to put faces to names, it seemed like everyone recognised me! can't figure out why :lol:

I spotted you straight away mate! Good to meet you, albeit briefly :thumleft:
If you can't see the angle, you're in trouble.
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

Ollie@SkyInsurance wrote:
jim-mapps wrote:Had a brilliant weekend, thanks to Scott and the team :thumleft:

Good to put faces to names, it seemed like everyone recognised me! can't figure out why :lol:

I spotted you straight away mate! Good to meet you, albeit briefly :thumleft:

lol, yeah I kept hearing (and was guilty of it myself) "ahha, you must be Jim!"
IMOC-UK - the only club to win 'Best Club Stand' at JAE more than once, and twice in a row!
bubbles-ducks

Post by bubbles-ducks »

This was my 1st outing at JAE and also 1st time doing camping.

I would like to say Thank You to “Frank” (fellow club’s member who camp behind us) for helping me setting up a six men tent!! :thumleft:

Overall, it was a brilliant weekend, nice to see so many faces and MR2!!

Oh also, a BIG THANKS to Scott and the team. :mrgreen:
jim-mapps

Post by jim-mapps »

monkeymax wrote:
Jim, were you in the tent that kept shouting at Danny on Saturday night? :lol: May have kept me up a bit (as well as the snoring from the other side) but it was really late when I finally hit the tent so I didn't have too much trouble sleeping! :lol:

Na that was one of the tents next to us. Not sure who but it seemed to spark much running about and falling over :lol:
Boys from the Dwarf are coming back!
redmk1

Post by redmk1 »

who was shouting Danny all night??? and the snoring was the bloke in the little 2 man tent behind you max.
xanthus400

Post by xanthus400 »

i was gonna pop over on saturday but unfortunately my mum was taken to hospital friday night....all good now tho :thumleft: i will defo be over next year tho for the weekend :thumleft:
unowho

Post by unowho »

jim-mapps wrote:
monkeymax wrote:

Na that was one of the tents next to us. Not sure who but it seemed to spark much running about and falling over :lol:

Funny, I don't remember being there :whistle: :whistle: My snoring is renound :lol: :lol:

Jinxy and I will do our upmost to be there next year :pray:
Proud Mk2 owner
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

unowho wrote:
Funny, I don't remember being there :whistle: :whistle: My snoring is renound :lol: :lol:

You should have been there this year, absolutely appalling turn out from the Mk1 club, 4 bloody tickets. Poor show.
2020 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack :lover:
unowho

Post by unowho »

Lauren wrote:
unowho wrote:

You should have been there this year, absolutely appalling turn out from the Mk1 club, 4 bloody tickets. Poor show.

Agree Wholeheartedly
Proud Mk2 owner
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

That said, we did have quite a good turn out of MK1s. It's just a shame they were all white!!
IMOC-UK - the only club to win 'Best Club Stand' at JAE more than once, and twice in a row!
Ben

Post by Ben »

Lauren wrote:
unowho wrote:

I think there were about 6 or 7 of us, if you include me buying my ticket on the door. Still hardly a great turnout though. What disappointed me more was the number of Mk1s who aren't Mk1 club members - I always though the two clubs had a good relationship :?
2001 BMW M5 (Bahnstormer) | 2004 RX8 231 (the Racecat) | 2001 Volvo V70 (Swedish eBay barge)

Previous:
1989 MR2 Mk1b T-bar | 1988 MR2 SC Super Edition
Scott Barton
IMOC Committee

Post by Scott Barton »

benedwards64 wrote:
Lauren wrote:
unowho wrote:

I think there were about 6 or 7 of us, if you include me buying my ticket on the door. Still hardly a great turnout though. What disappointed me more was the number of Mk1s who aren't Mk1 club members - I always though the two clubs had a good relationship :?

The two clubs have always had a good relationship Ben. Where the Mk1 club specifically appeals to the Mk1...IMOC is open to all Mk's.
Plus i suppose where the Mk1 club was with the IMOC for such a long time there are a few people who are used to what they know.

Nothing stopping them from becoming Mk1 club members as well as IMOC though.
One big happy family.

:thumleft:
IMOC - winners of JAE best overall club stand 2010, 2013, 2014 & 2017!
1994 GT-S T-Bar 397bhp with NOS *sold*
2016 Porsche Cayman 981GTS 347bhp Flat Six
Scott Barton
IMOC Committee

Post by Scott Barton »

unowho wrote:
Lauren wrote:
unowho wrote:

Agree Wholeheartedly

There is always next year.

JAE 2010 details to be released soon..... :lol:
sketch

Post by sketch »

toxo wrote:That said, we did have quite a good turn out of MK1s. It's just a shame they were all white!!

Oi ! mine was there and he's black :oldtongue: Hidden in with the black mk2s....stealth style :lol:
oukie
IMOC Organiser

Post by oukie »

There was 8 tickets sold before show and another 2 on the day from the mk1 club, so i dont know where lauren is getting her figure's from ](*,)

Also the other mk1's were IMOC members cars and over the course of the weekend there was around 20+ mk1's that made an atempt to show themsevles.

There were (from what I can deffo remember)

4 red T-bars
1 black mk1a (bubblesduck)
1 satin black 1a (Sketch
1 Matt black mk1a/b :-k (mk1chris)
2 mica blue mk1b's
1 white SC
1 white over silver MINT SC
1 white mk1a SC conversion
1 white over silver N/A import auto (bill hulme)
2 white T-bar's
1 white coupe Mine (until saturday afternoon)
2 more white coupe's
1 helios blue
1 silver mk1

Also Tiny had his Black mk1 at the show but on a differant stand(due to work commitments)

So 20+ cars that stayed for most of the weekend , Half of which were paid by mk1club members, there were a few others that came and went also.

Edit: Forgot about Garrick and Jo's mk1 track car that was also there.

So Lauren before you start get your sums right :evil:
Last edited by oukie on Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mk1b White T-bar SC 1987, Mk1b White coupe Jan90, Mk1b White coupe Jan90 (spares), Mk1b Mica blue T-bar Mar90, Mk1b Mica blue T-bar,full climate control,Jan90, 5 mk1's :)
Charged
IMOC Committee

Post by Charged »

I'm a Mk1 club member and an IMOC member/moderator.. I was on the Two Brutal stand :lol:
If you can't see the angle, you're in trouble.
Scott Barton
IMOC Committee

Post by Scott Barton »

Ollie@SkyInsurance wrote:I'm a Mk1 club member and an IMOC member/moderator.. I was on the Two Brutal stand :lol:

In Monty Python 'Life of Brian' style....'Splitter!!!!!'

:lol:

Watch this. It will make you laugh. Just imagine they are talking about all the MR2 clubs instead..... :clap:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gb_qHP7VaZE

Disclaimer...no offence intended to any other MR2 club... 8-[
unowho

Post by unowho »

Scott Barton wrote:
Ollie@SkyInsurance wrote:I'm a Mk1 club member and an IMOC member/moderator.. I was on the Two Brutal stand :lol:

In Monty Python 'Life of Brian' style....'Splitter!!!!!'

:lol:

Watch this. It will make you laugh. Just imagine they are talking about all the MR2 clubs instead..... :clap:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gb_qHP7VaZE

Disclaimer...no offence intended to any other MR2 club... 8-[

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Brilliant
Proud Mk2 owner
oukie
IMOC Organiser

Post by oukie »

Also whilst im on my high horse :lol:

They may not have been many mk1's but at least we bothered to come in a MR2
Mk1b White T-bar SC 1987, Mk1b White coupe Jan90, Mk1b White coupe Jan90 (spares), Mk1b Mica blue T-bar Mar90, Mk1b Mica blue T-bar,full climate control,Jan90, 5 mk1's :)

Return to “JAE 2009”