Warm MR2 turbo - effortlessly fast but ......boring?

Tales of driving experiences you have had.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

This post is:

Stupid
No votes

Total votes: 0

matt_mr2t

Re: Warm MR2 turbo - effortlessly fast but ......boring?

Post by matt_mr2t »

Sorry, I thought you were infering every one was acting holy :thumleft:
RobCrezz

Post by RobCrezz »

Marf wrote:Naughty Rob, thats a bad Rob! Image Replaced With URL For Quote http://www.jonrb.com/emoticons/gonnagetit.gif

:oops: :oops:

8)
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

allan welsh wrote:It isn't obviously legal then is it and you are breaking forum rules by posting such activities. However I can imagine because you've been around since the year dot you'll be allowed to get away with it as no one wants to upset the establishment esp since you are one of the best drivers in the world with ultimate car control. Which is why you crashed into a lamp post - not enough radar range there eh?

Just because a magazine does it does it make it ok? No it doesn't and to use that as an arguement is just pathetic and shows you know you're in the wrong. Tell you what, why not exceed the limits of grip while the cops are around, why not drift round a roundabout while they are watching. The very fact you have posted saying you don't do this when they're around means you know you will get busted for it. So that's really the end of your arguement.

Doesn't mean it's illegal. Crashing into a lampost was the option I chose over joining 3 lanes of motorway at a 90 degree angle. Did I lose control? No, i had nowhere to go.

Well the way I look at it, if a magazine does and it is published for public consumption then it is fine to talk about it on a forum. Have you written to EVO magazine about this? If not why are you on at me?

I have never said i wouldn't do it in front of the police. The opportunity has never presented itself. There is nothing to say I would get busted for it.

Controlling oversteer is childs play the way I see it.
2020 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack :lover:
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

matt_mr2t wrote:
You've missed the point chaps. People get told off for saying they have broken the speed limit as it's against forum rules. But Lauren, the very person telling people off quite happily tells regularly how she treats public roads like a race track. You cant have 1 rule for one and another for another. If you cant say you broke the speed limit, you shouldnt be able to say you got your car sideways either.

Of course every member has overcooked it on the road, we're all car enthusiasts who own (or have owned) sports cars that get driven as such.

It is your inference that I treat roads as a race track. Your inference may not be correct.

I don't go on about breaking the speed limit because that is obviously illegal. But it's not illegal to have yoiur car sideways is it? The difference is I don't overcook it.
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Post by Martin F »

Lauren wrote:
matt_mr2t wrote:
You've missed the point chaps. People get told off for saying they have broken the speed limit as it's against forum rules. But Lauren, the very person telling people off quite happily tells regularly how she treats public roads like a race track. You cant have 1 rule for one and another for another. If you cant say you broke the speed limit, you shouldnt be able to say you got your car sideways either.

Of course every member has overcooked it on the road, we're all car enthusiasts who own (or have owned) sports cars that get driven as such.

It is your inference that I treat roads as a race track. Your inference may not be correct.

I don't go on about breaking the speed limit because that is obviously illegal. But it's not illegal to have yoiur car sideways is it? The difference is I don't overcook it.

To be fair driving your car sideways on a public road could be classed as dangerous driving :-k
GeoffC320

Post by GeoffC320 »

Lauren,
Have you ever heard the phrase "when you're in a hole, stop digging"?

You freely admit to having accrued 25 points on your licence, having crashed into a lampost and if memory serves correctly, being involved in an RTA where someone was killed.

Can you not accept that this might just cast some doubt over your 'miraculous' powers of observation and driving skills? :-k
raptor95GTS

Post by raptor95GTS »

lauren, I don't buy or read evo so I don't pay for those arses to get it sideways. Sadly however I help pay for the bandwidth you use to spout poo on this forum. That I object too.

Lauren wrote:It is your inference that I treat roads as a race track. Your inference may not be correct.

poo woman, it IS illegal to have your car sideways on the public highway as it's driving without due care and attention. It's not in the xxxxxx highway code either I'd love you to say to the coppers, well yeah but I do it sideways on the track all the time so I'm fully in control!

As for the lamp post, obviously you couldn't stop in the distance you could see hence your no choice option, but since you've had 25 speeding points that's a given then eh?
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

Geoff Munt wrote:Lauren,

You freely admit to having accrued 25 points on your licence, having crashed into a lampost and if memory serves correctly, being involved in an RTA where someone was killed.

Can you not accept that this might just cast some doubt over your 'miraculous' powers of observation and driving skills? :-k

FFS Geoff how dare you say I was involved in an RTA when someone was killed inferring that some blame may be attributed to me.

There was not much I could to avoid a 78 yr old that popped out from behind a tree 3 feet in front of me. :-:
Dale_V

Post by Dale_V »

any more info on this, news article etc? sounds an interesting read
GeoffC320

Post by GeoffC320 »

Dale_V wrote:

any more info on this, news article etc? sounds an interesting read

No, only from what Lauren has posted herself in the past. As I say, going from memory only and I didn't feel the need to dredge the archives.

Didn't mean to cause offence and to be honest, may not have been in the best frame of mind at the time of posting. My point was just that, with what I would call a fairly chequered driving history, maybe Lauren should understand why other people might take with a pich of salt her claims to have everything under control at all times.....
michael

Post by michael »

FFS, change the record please ](*,)
RobCrezz

Post by RobCrezz »

allan welsh wrote:lauren, I don't buy or read evo so I don't pay for those arses to get it sideways. Sadly however I help pay for the bandwidth you use to spout poo on this forum. That I object too.

Lauren wrote:It is your inference that I treat roads as a race track. Your inference may not be correct.

poo woman, it IS illegal to have your car sideways on the public highway as it's driving without due care and attention. It's not in the xxxxxx highway code either I'd love you to say to the coppers, well yeah but I do it sideways on the track all the time so I'm fully in control!

As for the lamp post, obviously you couldn't stop in the distance you could see hence your no choice option, but since you've had 25 speeding points that's a given then eh?

Would you vote "yes" for more speed cameras and lower speed limits?
raptor95GTS

Post by raptor95GTS »

RobCrezz wrote:
allan welsh wrote:lauren, I don't buy or read evo so I don't pay for those arses to get it sideways. Sadly however I help pay for the bandwidth you use to spout poo on this forum. That I object too.

lower speed limits in town yeah i can see that but I'd have more coppers on the road. Just because you are driving under the speed limit doesn't mean you are safe
RobCrezz

Post by RobCrezz »

allan welsh wrote:
RobCrezz wrote:

lower speed limits in town yeah i can see that but I'd have more coppers on the road. Just because you are driving under the speed limit doesn't mean you are safe

So you think 30 is too fast?
Quigonjay

Post by Quigonjay »

30 IS too fast in certain situations, housing estates for instance where children tend to play, thats why we now have 20 limits on some of them
i just tend to use speed limits as a guide line, there is a time and place, drive according to the conditions (weather, road surface, area etc) just common sense really
RobCrezz

Post by RobCrezz »

Quigonjay wrote:30 IS too fast in certain situations, housing estates for instance where children tend to play, thats why we now have 20 limits on some of them
i just tend to use speed limits as a guide line, there is a time and place, drive according to the conditions (weather, road surface, area etc) just common sense really

Sure, but anything outside of a cul de sac, I think 30 is fine.

But either way, I only ever drive "enthusiasticly" in NSL.
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

Don't agree really, 30mph is too much on a high street for instance. I consider 30mph as too fast outside my house too! It's a blind corner you see...even though it's a through road. I'm quite a fan of 20mph speed limits in certain areas.

As for the rest, you guys are funny, doesn't take much to wind people up I see, same as always! :)
mr2nut123

Post by mr2nut123 »

This happens almost every other post. Lauren tells people off for driving their car fast/sideways/anyway the government don't like it, then she does it herself. It's never going to end..
Slarty

Post by Slarty »

tonigmr2 wrote:As for the rest, you guys are funny, doesn't take much to wind people up I see, same as always! :)

mr2nut123 wrote:Lauren tells people off for driving their car fast/sideways/anyway the government don't like it, then she does it herself.

There's your answer Toni. Hypocrisy is something which I despise, and to see an Admin displaying it is down right wrong.

We are all equal but some are more equal than others springs to mind....
greeny

Post by greeny »

Issue yourself a warning :mrgreen:
TOTB 2010 Rwd top speed, 1/4 and shootout winner.
10.7@142 on R888 street tyres, 10.3@134mph on slicks,
9's on slicks to come, with a clean full throttle pass! Goal of 0-150mph in a 1/4 of a mile....

Return to “Driving Experiences”